Death of the 2nd amendment, the thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
    16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
    Who would ever say yes?

There is nothing in it other than a whole bunch of spying in personal lives.

A gun control measure would never pass the current house, and I doubt it would pass the senate..

This leads to nothing other than no longer being able to do a FTF sale in walmart parking lots or gun shows. You will now have paperwork on every transaction, but how do they know what I've got and I can post date a bill of sale to prove it was sold before this takes effect.

Comment

Looks like my lowers and mags are worth more today than yesterday.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        Why would a Dr. need to know if I have a gun in my house unless I was in for some sort of mental disorder? "We'll get you that script for the ear infection stat, but first can you give me a list of all the firearms you own?"
        Same reason the CDC is involved in anything

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          Looks like my lowers and mags are worth more today than yesterday.
          Eh, I would think so but not sure how quickly or violently the market will react. With FTF at risk, people might start unloading right now.
          Originally posted by Sean88gt
          You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
          Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
          You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Why would a Dr. need to know if I have a gun in my house unless I was in for some sort of mental disorder? "We'll get you that script for the ear infection stat, but first can you give me a list of all the firearms you own?"
            Originally posted by stevo View Post
            This just gave the government the right to give your compete medical history to anyone they choose, and to allow doctors to make the decision to disarm you at their discretion. Looks like my conspiracy theory has been right all along.

Stevo
            Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
              Who would ever say yes?

There is nothing in it other than a whole bunch of spying in personal lives.

A gun control measure would never pass the current house, and I doubt it would pass the senate..

This leads to nothing other than no longer being able to do a FTF sale in walmart parking lots or gun shows. You will now have paperwork on every transaction, but how do they know what I've got and I can post date a bill of sale to prove it was sold before this takes effect.
              If they don't know what you've got (should be anything other than a form 4 item) then you don't even need a bill of sale, methinks. They're going to have to prove you owned the gun, then they're going to have to prove you sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                If they don't know what you've got (should be anything other than a form 4 item) then you don't even need a bill of sale, methinks. They're going to have to prove you owned the gun, then they're going to have to prove you sold it.
                "he must have fished it out of Lake Arlington. See I had a boating accident a few years back. Lost that particular gun as a matter of fact. "
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                  "he must have fished it out of Lake Arlington. See I had a boating accident a few years back. Lost that particular gun as a matter of fact. "
                  I don't own any guns. Never have. dafuq ya talkin' 'bout, piggy?

Comment

So what's the legislation look like?

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                      It's all EO at this point, he won't get shit through congress.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                        Allows the Attorney General to redefine who is too mentally ill to own or possess firearms, allows the GOV to collect and redistribute all of your medical records, allows doctors to question and report who owns weapons.

Stevo
                        Originally posted by SSMAN
                        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                          It's all EO at this point, he won't get shit through congress.
                          We hope. This will give Boehner a chance to have a really high water mark, or a really low one. His call.

Comment

What is the immediate effect of all this? Anything?

Comment

What is the immediate effect of all this? Anything?
                              Not sure, still not sure what he signed.

Comment

Seems like the only real action is asking for support on the AWB and hi capacity mags.
                                Originally posted by BradM
                                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X