Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
    So, commiefornia seems to be the place for you
    Oh shut the fuck up. You people are overreacting, as usual. But by all means, carry on. Don't let logic and reality get in the way of your whacked out hypothetical scenarios.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      EA =/= EO

Could allow, not does allow. You're stating that as fact, and there is no supporting evidence that this is fact.
      Once again, you're making assumptions. Just because they ask, doesn't mean they report it.

And face the truth. Some people ARE a danger to themselves and others, and NEED to be reported if they do have guns. Some people are batshit nuts, and many of them are on this board.
      So, commiefornia seems to be the place for you
      I'm pretty sure that #16 is applying to psychologists more than your Primary care doctor when he's giving you a flu shot
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Oh shut the fuck up. You people are overreacting, as usual. But by all means, carry on. Don't let logic and reality get in the way of your whacked out hypothetical scenarios.
        humm, seems like a logical response....

And I havent said shit...lol I also have not been buying shit either so I dont know what to tell you about the second part...
        Originally posted by Sean88gt
        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

humm, seems like a logical response....

And I havent said shit...lol I also have not been buying shit either so I dont know what to tell you about the second part...
          And your response was logical? Spew ignorance, an it comes right back to you, smart guy. What I said about overreacting, well, that's a fact. Just look at all of the posts on here as evidence.

Comment

And your response was logical? Spew ignorance, an it comes right back to you, smart guy. What I said about overreacting, well, that's a fact. Just look at all of the posts on here as evidence.

I do think so myself, thank you

And to each his own but I honestly see alot of people who are concerned and frustrated...not over reaction. Maybe a guy here and there but for the most part I see people trying to make sense of what is about to happen.
            Originally posted by Sean88gt
            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
            Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Here is a petition someone started on one of the Oklahoma gun forums..

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...paign=shorturl

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

I'm pretty sure that #16 is applying to psychologists more than your Primary care doctor when he's giving you a flu shot

Maybe I'm missing your point, but you are further proving mine.

Comment

Actually, the ACA states that doctors cannot ask you if you have a gun in your house. His EO violates the current law
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Response from Rick Perry

Gov. Rick Perry released the following statement regarding President Obama's executive actions:

"The Vice President's committee was appointed in response to the tragedy at Newtown, but very few of his recommendations have anything to do with what happened there.

"Guns require a finger to pull the trigger. The sad young man who did that in Newtown was clearly haunted by demons and no gun law could have saved the children in Sandy Hook Elementary from his terror.

"There is evil prowling in the world - it shows up in our movies, video games and online fascinations, and finds its way into vulnerable hearts and minds. As a free people, let us choose what kind of people we will be. Laws, the only redoubt of secularism, will not suffice. Let us all return to our places of worship and pray for help. Above all, let us pray for our children.

"In fact, the piling on by the political left, and their cohorts in the media, to use the massacre of little children to advance a pre-existing political agenda that would not have saved those children, disgusts me, personally. The second amendment to the Constitution is a basic right of free people and cannot be nor will it be abridged by the executive power of this or any other president."
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                      Actually, the ACA states that doctors cannot ask you if you have a gun in your house. His EO violates the current law
                      Unless I'm reading it incorrectly, he didn't issue an EO. Once again, Executive Action is not the same as an Executive Order. He asked for it to be clarified, and if they can't, they will make the change to the current law allowing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                        I've pasted the exact text below. Going to edit it to read easier, but the limitation is not that they can't ask - its that they can't ask about firearms for the purtpose of deciding your billing rate.

‘‘(c) PROTECTION OF SECOND AMENDMENT GUN RIGHTS.—øAs added by section 10101(e)(2)¿
                        ‘ ‘(1) WELLNESS AND PREVENTION PROGRAMS.—A wellness
                        and health promotion activity implemented under subsection
                        (a)(1)(D) may not require the disclosure or collection of any
                        information relating to—
                        ‘‘(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully-possessed
                        firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property
                        of an individual; or
                        ‘‘(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm
                        or ammunition by an individual.

(The above section does not prohibit the collection or disclosure of information - it specifically prohibits making it a requirement. In other words - you can ask, but you aren't required to)

‘‘(2) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION.—None of the
                        authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection
                        and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that
                        Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the
                        collection of any information relating to—
                        ‘‘(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm
                        or ammunition;
                        ‘‘(B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammunition; or
                        ‘‘(C) the lawful storage of a firearm or ammunition.

(This section above is where people get confused - this basically translates that there are no additional powers being given by this Act for these areas beyond what someone already has legal powers to do. It doesn't prohibit or put additional limitations on them - its essentially a "speed governor" for these areas. )

‘‘(3) LIMITATION ON DATABASES OR DATA BANKS.—None of
                        the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient
                        Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made
                        by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used
                        to maintain records of individual ownership or possession of
                        a firearm or ammunition.

(This section says the ACT doesn't give authorization for a Firearm Registry Database)

‘‘(4) LIMITATION ON DETERMINATION OF PREMIUM RATES OR
                        ELIGIBILITY FOR HEALTH INSURANCE.—A premium rate may not
                        be increased, health insurance coverage may not be denied,
                        and a discount, rebate, or reward offered for participation in
                        a wellness program may not be reduced or withheld under
                        any health benefit plan issued pursuant to or in accordance
                        with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an
                        amendment made by that Act on the basis of, or on reliance
                        upon—
                        or ammunition; or
                        ‘‘(B) the lawful use or storage of a firearm or ammunition.

(Can't use any information about the ownership status of a firearm to increase health care rates - or more specifically can't give a discount to someone because they DON'T have a firearm)

‘‘(5) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION REQUIREMENTS FOR
                        INDIVIDUALS.—No individual shall be required to disclose any
                        information under any data collection activity authorized under
                        the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment
                        made by that Act relating to—
                        or ammunition; or
                        or ammunition.

(This is the big one - They can ask, but you have the absolute right to not disclose your firearm ownership status.)
                        Last edited by Binky; 01-16-2013, 01:48 PM.

Comment

This was a complete non-event. No legislation will come out of Congress.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasSleeper View Post
                            Now he talks about kids again, how about you send your kids to school with no security before you speak to the people
                            How sweet. He's pulling at our heartsrtings.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
                              I've pasted the exact text below. Going to edit it to read easier, but the limitation is not that they can't ask - its that they can't ask about firearms for the purtpose of deciding your billing rate.

‘‘(4) LIMITATION ON DETERMINATION OF PREMIUM RATES OR
                              ELIGIBILITY FOR HEALTH INSURANCE.—A premium rate may not
                              be increased, health insurance coverage may not be denied,
                              and a discount, rebate, or reward offered for participation in
                              a wellness program may not be reduced or withheld under
                              any health benefit plan issued pursuant to or in accordance
                              with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an
                              amendment made by that Act on the basis of, or on reliance
                              upon—
                              or ammunition; or
                              ‘‘(B) the lawful use or storage of a firearm or ammunition.

‘‘(5) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION REQUIREMENTS FOR
                              INDIVIDUALS.—No individual shall be required to disclose any
                              information under any data collection activity authorized under
                              the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment
                              made by that Act relating to—
                              or ammunition; or
                              or ammunition.
                              It looks like you are correct on (4), but not on (5).

Add to that..

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
                              Stevo
                              Originally posted by SSMAN
                              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                                It looks like you are correct on (4), but not on (5).

Stevo
                                Check my edits in bold.

Önly #16 applies to my ACA post. HIPAA and ACA are two different pieces of legislation.

#17 is all about mental health professionals who are confused about when they can tell the authorities that someone was a danger to themselves or others. Not about their firearms ownership status.

Comment

Working...
                                X