What would be the spark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would be the spark?

So you hear all Kinds of looney bin characters talk about civil war, and acting out against all the crap that's gone on...but I don't think anything will ever really happen. The same empty threats were given when the idea of obama first being elected came out. I really think he could ban nearly all firearms with no dangerous ramifications.

If you think there ever will be a spark that ignites...what do you think it will be?

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    I really think he could ban nearly all firearms with no dangerous ramifications.
    You are foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
      You are foolish.
      I hope I am. We've been hearing empty threats since '08...

Comment

shot heard around the world round 2
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Gun confiscation, those who won't fight will turn them in... those who will fight will FIGHT!
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Most will just hide them, a small group will fight and some will turn them in.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              Most will just hide them, a small group will fight and some will turn them in.
              F hiding them...what's the point of having them if they are buried in your back yard.

"Yeah hold up, let me go un-hide my defensive weapons while you fuck me over."
              "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                I hope I am. We've been hearing empty threats since '08...
                That's because nothing has actually happened. If we ever get to the point of where major changes were to take place I am sure Americans will not tolerate it.

This country is changing rapidly, all for the worse in my opinion. It pisses me off..
                Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

The biggest sparks that have ignited in history( from the common population ) are...

a) Threat of death
                  b) Grumbling stomach hunger ( eventually leading to item a )
                  c) Moral compass of the populace ( causing a reaction that is strong enough to fade item a and b )
                  Jay Johnson
                  Car hauler for hire

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                    If we ever get to the point of where major changes were to take place I am sure Americans will not tolerate it.

I keep saying this, and nobody is paying attention. Americans WILL tolerate it. The large majority of them will. You might not, and good luck to you, but we're so outnumbered it will be a massacre. It's time to make peace with the fact that you are outnumbered, and this is the path we are on. Accept it and move on, no sense in getting worked up over things you can't change.

Originally posted by jayjohnson600 View Post
                    a) Threat of death
                    We aren't there yet.

b) Grumbling stomach hunger ( eventually leading to item a )
                    I think it will be years before this is an issue. When I say years, I mean not in our lifetime.

c) Moral compass of the populace ( causing a reaction that is strong enough to fade item a and b )
                    There has already been a shift in the moral compass of the populace. This comes back to my response to Mike. You/I/We are outnumbered. We are the minority. I don't see anything that could possibly happen, that will change that.

These are just my opionions, of course.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I don't think people understand that we will go on like this until an external force takes advantage of our lack of decisiveness and actually tries takes our country by force.

Americans are going to keep taking what they are given and deal with it. Once a foreign entity sets foot on our soil, then we will see what this country is made of.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        once a foreign entity sets foot on our soil, then we will see what this country is made of.
                        wolverines!!!!
                        92 LX 5.0

Comment

I don't think people understand that we will go on like this until an external force takes advantage of our lack of decisiveness and actually tries takes our country by force.

Americans are going to keep taking what they are given and deal with it. Once a foreign entity sets foot on our soil, then we will see what this country is made of.
                          I completely agree Americans will take whatever is given by our govt...

Comment

You mean like how it was for a month after 9/11? Where nearly every house had a flag flying, and various patriotic bumper stickers? Everyone was friendly, worried about more than their own, and stuck together? People tend to forget how quickly all that shit disappeared, and how quickly everyone stopped giving a fuck once they returned to their precious American Idol, etc. America has an A.D.D and a short term memory problem. I also think self serving interests are at the highest levels they've ever been. I don't see that happening again, and even if it were to happen, it would be right back to Honey Boo Boo because none of the other stuff affects them.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

You might be overlooking the point that enemies don't have to be external/foreign.
                              Jay Johnson
                              Car hauler for hire

Comment

Working...
                              X