Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
    our forefathers were man enough to say, "GTFO" to the messicans
    Getting off subject but this isnt true. A lot of settlers got along with and needed the help of the Mexican colonists and friendly indian tribes as the anglo settlers were not used to or didnt understand how to grow crops in Texas. The Mexicans and indians also taught the anglos how to hunt the native animals, and to live off of the land.

The war for independence was over unpopular changes in the laws and the centralized Mexican government. It wasnt a race war, Texas didnot force the local Mexicans out. Although the anglos ( alot of whom were from the south) did pass a lot of laws that treated Mexicans (and indians) poorly, usually by taking their land away. Many Mexicans were also not trusted as they were believed to be spies for Mexico

Comment

Just curious but wouldn't this fall in line with the whole making marijuana legal within a state? Basically the state can do what it wants but it's a federal law saying otherwise and the government can use a federal agency to enforce said federal law?
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

You guys have no vision. Why spend all this money controlling the border? I say we just take over Mexico and clean it up. They have some nice beach front property.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          Just curious but wouldn't this fall in line with the whole making marijuana legal within a state? Basically the state can do what it wants but it's a federal law saying otherwise and the government can use a federal agency to enforce said federal law?
          No, because the MJ laws don't say they can throw you in jail for anyone enforcing it. The types of laws being discussed in this thread are specifically barring the federal government from enforcing the law in question inside the state.

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          You guys have no vision. Why spend all this money controlling the border? I say we just take over Mexico and clean it up. They have some nice beach front property.
          Fuck that. I don't want to have to deal with that shithole.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            Population of Mexico is around 110 million. 100 million of those live in "poverty". I'm not sure our soup kitchens can feed another 100 million folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
              Population of Mexico is around 110 million. 100 million of those live in "poverty". I'm not sure our soup kitchens can feed another 100 million folks.
              When they legalize drugs just think of the billions in revenue you would have.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                Getting off subject but this isnt true. A lot of settlers got along with and needed the help of the Mexican colonists and friendly indian tribes as the anglo settlers were not used to or didnt understand how to grow crops in Texas. The Mexicans and indians also taught the anglos how to hunt the native animals, and to live off of the land.

The war for independence was over unpopular changes in the laws and the centralized Mexican government. It wasnt a race war, Texas didnot force the local Mexicans out. Although the anglos ( alot of whom were from the south) did pass a lot of laws that treated Mexicans (and indians) poorly, usually by taking their land away. Many Mexicans were also not trusted as they were believed to be spies for Mexico
                Who said it was a race war?

You make it sound like the settlers were helpless and dependant upon the messicans and indians. I'm sure there were cases like that. To me, it sounds like the messican govt was using the settlers as pawns against the indians and it backfired on them. The messicans welcomed the settlers into the territory so that the land would be populated and militias would be created to stand against the Indians. At some point after there were so many settlers, the messican govt wanted to tax the settlers more, as well as tell them what to do, including disarming the militias (sound familiar?). Like you said, mexico wanted a more centralized govt. The Texans decided they wanted to be a seperate state. The messican govt and santa Anna didn't like it and started the process of getting rid of the state govts. Eventiually, it led to fighting and the Texans taking one of the messicans cannons. This is what started the battle of the Alamao.
                Many messicans and Texans lived happily side by side, even after the war. When I said GTFO, I was refering to the messican army and santa anna. I still laugh at him. He was a coward who gave up his people's land to save his own hide at the Battle of San Jacinto. I don't know how he managed to become a general.

Last edited by line-em-up; 01-13-2013, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                  No because while the federal drug laws are completely unconstitutional, actually enacting a law in DIRECT violation of a constitutional amendment would drop it directly to the states to nullify it.

Texas has already stuck their finger in Obama's eye. We cut Planned Parenthood from receiving state funds and Obama said if we didn't let them have money, Obama would cut off federal medicaid funds. Perry said "Fine." Now we have Texas run women's clinics
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by 91GriggsGT View Post
                    Shit, that would be nice. Unfortunately with the amount of illegals and welfare cases, or should I say Obama supporters, if federal funding gets pulled TX would go bankrupt.
                    not really. i would reinstate slaveery, on all the "obama supporters"

#1 cut off all welfare. wic food stamps. and all other programs.
                    only military folks or people who actually crippled would receive help.

#2 take all those who abused the welfare program. and make them our slaves. make them go out and work 100+ hrs a week. to pay back all the money they took from our checks all this time, just like we've been their slaves!!!

#3 close all prisons. no need to feed and house killers and child molesters.
                    execute on site. burn bodies.

#4 shoot to kill at the borderlines. no questions asked. kill everyone who trys to cross and they will stop coming.

that's just my opinion.
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post

Your first paragraph is very naive and incorrect. If you want to read about it, I have several books published by my family, and my great grandfather's memoirs. There was a great deal of education both ways, but most of it towards Anglos was about surviving in dry areas, and what crops could deal with local rainfall/water amounts.
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                        Your first paragraph is very naive and incorrect. If you want to read about it, I have several books published by my family, and my great grandfather's memoirs. There was a great deal of education both ways, but most of it towards Anglos was about surviving in dry areas, and what crops could deal with local rainfall/water amounts.
                        Sounds interesting. Can I get a copy of them? Where can I find them?
                        Last edited by line-em-up; 01-13-2013, 04:40 PM.

Comment

A pretty good book I have is "Gone To Texas", by Randolph B. Campbell.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                            A pretty good book I have is "Gone To Texas", by Randolph B. Campbell.
                            This one?

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Gone-Texas-History-Lone-State/dp/0195138430/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1358116862&sr=8-3&keywords=gone+to+texas[/ame]

Book Description
                            Publication Date: February 12, 2004
                            Gone to Texas engagingly tells the story of the Lone Star State, from the arrival of humans in the Panhandle more than 10,000 years ago to the opening of the twenty-first century. Focusing on the state's successive waves of immigrants, the book offers an inclusive view of the vast array of Texans who, often in conflict with each other and always in a struggle with the land, created a history and an idea of Texas.
                            Striking a balance between revisionist and traditional approaches to history, author Randolph B. Campbell tells the stories of the colorful individuals and events that shaped the history of Texas, giving equal treatment to the lives of men like Sam Houston and to women and minorities in Texas's history. He addresses the fact that Texas is widely regarded as a special state-a place with a story that appeals to millions of people, many of whom have never even been there-and examines what created this idea of Texan distinctiveness. Organized chronologically, the text focuses on five main themes: Texas as a "forgotten" province of the Spanish empire that was only protected when some other nation threatened to occupy it; the interpretation of the Texas Revolution as a clash between two disparate cultures rather than as a deliberate, pre-conceived plan by the U.S. to steal the province from Mexico; the identification of Texas as a Southern rather than Western state in terms of its demographic, cultural, economic, and political influences and development; Texas's distinction not as a "unique" state but rather as the exaggerated embodiment of traditional American ideals and emotions such as individualism, personal liberty, and violence; and the two-hundred-year-old history of Texas as a destination for immigrants seeking new opportunities.
                            Vividly capturing the adventure and conflict of this state's legendary past, Gone to Texas is ideal for undergraduate courses in Texas history.

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                              not really. i would reinstate slaveery, on all the "obama supporters"
                              #2 take all those who abused the welfare program. and make them our slaves. make them go out and work 100+ hrs a week. to pay back all the money they took from our checks all this time, just like we've been their slaves!!!
                              Well, isn't this just a complete piece of shit opinion........

Comment

Depends on your view racr. You could look at it as receiving labor for funds already paid.
                                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                                X