I think he's starting to see something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he's starting to see something

President Barack Obama signed a bill into law on Thursday guaranteeing himself Secret Service protection for the rest of his life.

White House press secretary Jay Carney said Obama signed the “Former Presidents Protection Act of 2012” on Thursday. The law affects Obama, former President George W. Bush and future presidents, who under current law would only be protected for 10 years after leaving office.

According to the press secretary’s office, the law “restores lifetime Secret Service protection of former Presidents who did not serve as President prior to January 1, 1997, and their spouses; and provides for protection of all children of former Presidents until they become 16 years of age.”

Republican South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy introduced the bill in the House.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Guy in my office says that EVERY POTUS has done the same. Seek and discuss. You are much better at finding this stuff than I am.

I trust you will be partial as much as we both wished my co-worker is wrong.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Until 1997, every president WAS covered. Clinton removed it and put a 10 year limit on it. Obama just reextended it to life.

Comment

Did Obama sign one for Bush when he left office?
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

No, this covers Bush. Every president since 97 when Clinton's bill went into action, moving forward. So that's Clinton, Bush and Obama as well as anyone in the future until it's repealed. Question is, why would politicians think this was needed now?

Comment

scared bitch

Comment

I had no idea Clinton abolished it. It has always been this way and given the amount of national security they are privy to, I would say it should stay this way.

I can't find fault with this one and I fucking hate this POS impersonating a President.

Comment

Whooptie doo. Bigger things to worry about than what used to be the normal 16 years ago.
                Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I don't blame any of them. If you're a nut, knocking off a POTUS is a pretty good notch in your belt. Dubya even has guys that mountain-bike with him.

Comment

I have no problem with this.

Comment

No thanks, they can pay for private security from their own bank accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                        No thanks, they can pay for private security from their own bank accounts.
                        This.

Stevo
                        Originally posted by SSMAN
                        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Dont they get $225,000 a year for the rest of their lives also after being president?

Comment

Shit deal for the agents considering how the King and Queen treat their security detail.

Comment

Working...
                            X