No announcement yet.

Ancient Aliens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand the argument of devotion to a leader, nothing but time on their hands, and anything is possible. We really need to understand the mindset of these early people to know what they are capable of.

The engineering aspect of the structures is what really intrigues me. There are cuts in stone and stones moved that completely boggle the mind as to how it was done. This sounds trivial, simple "rocks and formations", but they cannot be duplicated. It would take generations of carving, and thousands upon thousands of people to move and position these stones.

Either you think our ancient ancestors were extremely simple minded people who worked day in and day out for centuries on one structure. Or you think that or ancient ancestors knew more than we give them credit for and there is a missing piece to the puzzle. Either way, it's very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
      I understand the argument of devotion to a leader, nothing but time on their hands, and anything is possible. We really need to understand the mindset of these early people to know what they are capable of.

The engineering aspect of the structures is what really intrigues me. There are cuts in stone and stones moved that completely boggle the mind as to how it was done. This sounds trivial, simple "rocks and formations", but they cannot be duplicated. It would take generations of carving, and thousands upon thousands of people to move and position these stones.

Either you think our ancient ancestors were extremely simple minded people who worked day in and day out for centuries on one structure. Or you think that or ancient ancestors knew more than we give them credit for and there is a missing piece to the puzzle. Either way, it's very interesting.
      If ancient aliens did interact with early humans, it's no wonder that we have stories like in the Bible. Man has always required an explanation for all of those things in the world he did not understand. If an explanation was not available, he created one. Heck, even today we would be in awe of a space craft if it came to Earth...but not because we think it is God coming...but because of the absolute proof that we are in fact, not alone in the universe. Early man wouldnt have the benefit of science to make that rationalization and I can see them calling that God and the delusion has been expounded and propagated through time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post

You forgot my old post. There's no such thing as a simple mind (unless it's retarded of course). Nobody can comprehend the complexities of the human mind, or the human will. We, as humans are the product of an ancestor that did everything it could to be the best of the best. Everything from the wheel to the space shuttle is an accomplishment of the mind of man. Making a few architectural structures is nothing.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Dr Dave's gotten rattled now with all this talk of spacemen....started him cursing and even using one of his BFF words, that being "delusion" lol.

Comment

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                Heck, even today we would be in awe of a space craft if it came to Earth...but not because we think it is God coming...but because of the absolute proof that we are in fact, not alone in the universe.

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                I was gonna post that.... LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                  It's interesting, even though I don't really buy in to it.
                  I thought that show was fucking stupid. If you actually listen to it, its nothing but theory and conjecture the whole way through. I'd like to see some actual physical evidence before I just buy into any of that. I mean they gave you the chopped up animals and ancient mining, but eh, we need more evidence that can actually be explained. Not just something that "might" have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                    I thought that show was fucking stupid. If you actually listen to it, its nothing but theory and conjecture the whole way through. I'd like to see some actual physical evidence before I just buy into any of that. I mean they gave you the chopped up animals and ancient mining, but eh, we need more evidence that can actually be explained. Not just something that "might" have happened.
                    I have to agree with you on this one. Basically, if you believe that Ancient Aliens has any truth to it, then you believe that Scientology is a possibility. I don't think that the show gives mankind enough credit for it's innovations and evolution.
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Lots of shows don't. You don't know how many idiots I've heard (in real life, and on the radio) say that all our modern technology comes from that crashed space ship they collected in roswell. Especially computers. Um, computers used to just be transistor tubes that filled a whole room. Its very very easy to trace their invention and whole evolution and development. Some people will believe anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X