Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas officials about teachers: Arm them!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mikec View Post
    That's it exactly Wayne.

You have it all figured out, good job.

Now show me the delusion? That I think if someone presents a pistol in a class it will make a bad guy gtfo? That I think if a bad guy knows some will be packing he will go elsewhere, that is delusion?

You're the one that's delusional. There have been countless articles posted that clearly state every single mass killing with the exception of one has been in a gun free zone.

Every

Single

One.

As for the classes, I put the instructors together, arrange for classrooms, arrange for ranges, sign them up, and all the other shit associated with being a leader.

So get some. It's a hell of a lot more effort than you are doing, off the keyboard at least.
    Yeah Columbine is your exception. The fact is that 28,000 schools around the country already have armed security staff. They're at 20 percent of primary schools, 54 percent of middle schools, and 68 percent of high schools. All with tactical training.

And if you think pushing the pencil to sign up every teacher to carry in school "with no further training" is doing more that what you "think" I do...More power to you.

Yet you still avoid the reasons I feel the way I do. Do me, you a favor and do a little experiment. Get you a 38 or a 9mm which are very common carry. Make sure its a shorty like MOST carry. Set yourself up a target on something large, such as builders paper that you can draw a life size figure. Shoot that target at say 15 yards and empty the weapon with rapid fire. Remember this, you are under no pressure. Will you hit the drawn target every shot? If you do, how many are too close for comfort? Everything else is a potential kill of a innocent bystander, prolly a child.

Take that info and add it to some teacher that just went and bought her 1st pistol and grabbed a quick CHL. In fact, go watch the teachers you get signed up. I'm sure you'll be enlightened. Try not to judge the ones that shoot guns they never intend to carry either. They will be far better than a actual carry weapon.
    Photobucket

Comment

• And if you prevent teachers from exercising their rights to self defense, you get situations where no one in that building has any chance at stopping an active shooter.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• NJ Township Votes to Put a Cop at Every School

One community being active...

Don’t mess with Marlboro Township.

The leafy, well-heeled New Jersey suburb will station a permanent armed cop in each of its nine schools starting Jan. 2.

It’s apparently the first district nationwide bent on packing heat in every schoolhouse since madman Adam Lanza gunned down 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Conn., on Dec. 14.

“We’ve made a collective decision as a town that we need armed security in each of our schools,” Mayor Jonathan Hornik told The Post.

“With this new evil, you can’t just sit there and hope that it doesn’t happen in your town. We must protect our kids. . .”

And this happened before the NRA’s Friday announcement. — Greg Pollowitz
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          And if you prevent teachers from exercising their rights to self defense, you get situations where no one in that building has any chance at stopping an active shooter.
          Agreed 100%. Problem here is the words "self defense". I support the 2nd amendment, but we are asking that we let our teachers police our schools full of children when a killer comes storming through.

We have to agree here that there is a big difference in protecting myself and my family apposed to protecting our school children. A should be police job whom are well trained to do so.

Believe me when I say this. I want guns in our schools. I also want to keep them there. I commend Mike for signing up the masses. But I condemn the thought of letting just any gun toting chl holder police our schools full of kids without training geared towards the task at hand.
          Last edited by BlackSnake; 01-02-2013, 09:16 PM.
          Photobucket

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
            Agreed 100%. Problem here is the words "self defense". I support the 2nd amendment, but we are asking that we let our teachers police our schools full of children when a killer comes storming through.

We have to agree here that there is a big difference in protecting myself and my family apposed to protecting our school children. A should be police job whom are well trained to do so.

Believe me when I say this. I want guns in our schools. I also want to keep them there. I commend Mike for signing up the masses. But I condemn the thought of letting just any gun toting chl holder police our schools full of kids without training geared towards the task at hand.
            The problem Wayne is that you think they need to be armed response. That is the problem, you see in your fantasy that if a gunman opens fire, he would be met with 13 teachers spreading lead in his direction.

I see a teacher able to defend them self, rather than becoming a defenseless victim.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

No, not police the schools. They have no arrest powers. They are armed to defend themselves and those under their care if they chose to exercise that. As it stands, you don't have the option of being armed, you're forced to be helpless. Police have stopped zero attacks. None. Armed teachers could have stopped these psychopaths. We're not asking that they police anything. Merely they have the OPTION to defend themselves.

Tell me, what is keeping me and my weapon out of schools right now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron View Post
                The problem Wayne is that you think they need to be armed response. That is the problem, you see in your fantasy that if a gunman opens fire, he would be met with 13 teachers spreading lead in his direction.

I see a teacher able to defend them self, rather than becoming a defenseless victim.
                Lol, I honestly never thought of more than one teacher shooter, but yes you are correct in my thinking them to be armed responders. I mean, the whole thing seems to be geered in protecting our children, not so much self. Though I agree with you and Forest in the right to protect self, I believe we have a higher calling to also protect the kids. I mean, its not like they have the right to carry. Who will protect the children? You see why I feel this way?

You and Forest presents a good point thats hard to argue with indeed. But its too much for me to except self defence only when the children need protected as well.
                Photobucket

Comment

No, not police the schools. They have no arrest powers. They are armed to defend themselves and those under their care if they chose to exercise that. As it stands, you don't have the option of being armed, you're forced to be helpless. Police have stopped zero attacks. None. Armed teachers could have stopped these psychopaths. We're not asking that they police anything. Merely they have the OPTION to defend themselves.

Tell me, what is keeping me and my weapon out of schools right now?
                  IMO? Nothing. You are military trained and experienced.
                  Citizens arrest. Just saying.
                  Photobucket

Comment

IMO? Nothing. You are military trained and experienced.
                    Citizens arrest. Just saying.
                    Even if I wasn't, there's nothing. If I want to do bad things I will. You break laws all along the way to killing someone in addition to killing the people. More laws and restricting people aren't the answers. Otherwise Chicago and NYC and DC would be bastons of safety and gun free zones would never have an attack. Gun shows, however, would be a massacre

Comment

Even if I wasn't, there's nothing. If I want to do bad things I will. You break laws all along the way to killing someone in addition to killing the people. More laws and restricting people aren't the answers. Otherwise Chicago and NYC and DC would be bastons of safety and gun free zones would never have an attack. Gun shows, however, would be a massacre
                      I don't want laws to restrict anyone, but to give them the freedom to carry in a environment otherwise restricted. Laws are not always bad. Sometimes they defend or protect our rights.
                      Last edited by BlackSnake; 01-03-2013, 07:34 AM.
                      Photobucket

Comment

• Mike, Baren, Forest...I don't want to make enemies here over opinions. I'm sorry if I have come across as a ass, but I too am very passionate about my position in this matter. I will agree to disagree to save the friendship we all share on this site.

I know I get carried away sometimes, but you sons of bitches need to listen to the old man sometimes.
                        Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                        X