Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

open season benefits sign ups...how much is YOUR ins. cost going up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• open season benefits sign ups...how much is YOUR ins. cost going up?

So, all this wonderful healthcare legislation is now getting into my wallet. Looked at my signup today and my new offering for next year will be LESS coverage, Family deductible goes from $600/yr to $5000/yr and premiums go up $1258/yr. Key in that I think we are going to be taxed for the company paid portion of our benefits in 2014 and I am taking a substantial paycut...especially if the Bush tax cuts expire.

So why again are people liking Obama? Are they just too stupid to understand simple math? I haven't had a raise in 5 years but have paid more to house, feed and provide medical coverage for others. Where is the "don't like" button? where is the "I call BS button." Where can I opt out of the BS? where does it end?

Suffice to say, I'm not happy about this BS.

Don't worry. When Romney wins they will change the name of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

If you're wrong on Romney, do you like your crow roasted or grilled?

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
          So, all this wonderful healthcare legislation is now getting into my wallet. Looked at my signup today and my new offering for next year will be LESS coverage, Family deductible goes from $600/yr to $5000/yr and premiums go up $1258/yr. Key in that I think we are going to be taxed for the company paid portion of our benefits in 2014 and I am taking a substantial paycut...especially if the Bush tax cuts expire.

So why again are people liking Obama? Are they just too stupid to understand simple math? I haven't had a raise in 5 years but have paid more to house, feed and provide medical coverage for others. Where is the "don't like" button? where is the "I call BS button." Where can I opt out of the BS? where does it end?

Yes, they are too stupid to get it. There are SEVERAL right here on this board.

Comment

There are certain things that will stay in whatever is kept. The 26 year old student coverage, no lifetime max and no denials for pre-existing conditions will stay. Companies will just adjust prices for those risks...

The TAX portion of the bill needs to go back to the trash can.

Comment

I enroll in a HSA and the cost is staying the same but the coverage actually got a little better. My company's yearly contribution to the account is staying the same too.

Comment

You watch nothing will change about Obama Care even if Romney is elected. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Comment

My share of the premium cost is going down slightly if I stay with the same insurer.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                    You watch nothing will change about Obama Care even if Romney is elected. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
                    If it doesn't he will be gone, too. There's no time for more liars and bullshitters. It's time to go to work. IF Romney wins, there's a 50/50 chance he will also get the senate. With the house and senate, he better get shit done.

Comment

Just checked. Mine's going down a few dollars a month. Not because of anything the government did though. It's because that was what was negotiated in the last contract.

Comment

Over $1,100 a year. My premiums for family coverage have gone from $56 a week to $78 a week for exactly the same coverage. I’ve worked for the same company for 22 years and I’ve never seen this large of a jump. Good thing the ‘Affordable Care Act’ is making healthcare more affordable. Thanks Obama!!! I hate to see how much it would cost me if the O-man wasn’t holding the line.

Comment

My costs are going from about 38-40 a month to almost 100 a month for my wife and I. Deductible went up $150, the amount they give towards my HSA was cut in half to $750, and the 100 a month includes a $50 penalty fee for my wife because she is eligible to get health insurance through her employer but choose mine instead.

Mine is still low in the grand scheme of things but has increased quite a bit

Comment

or defund it and act like its a victory

and then it will sit there on the shelf until the repubs anger the people again and then the dems will pull it off the shelf and dust it off

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post

Still better than my private insurance. $5k deductible per calendar year (not p[olicy year), $2400 premium just for myself. You pay that for a family? Shit, mofo, I'll trade ya.
                              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Working...
                              X