Unions blocking workers in NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
    what is your degree in, again serious question? i plan to finish school and get a degree in mechanical engineering because after working in the field the last 7 years i have an actualy understanding of hydronics, and i think now that piece of paper may be benfeficial.
    Mechanical engineering and and you can't spell? Not buying it. Stick to growing pot and bicycling.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

is there another way to spell gung ho? i dont endore any other labor unions except the United Association.

is that more clear?
      Endorse or endure?

Comment

• should I mention it or just let it go, ah shit i'll just let it go

*bites nails*

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
          should I mention it or just let it go, ah shit i'll just let it go

*bites nails*
          Damned tease! Say it!!!
          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

• Fuck. I'm not a doctor, a nurse, or an engineer and my 2 year masters program was $75k...$105k for out of state students.

Chooooo$$$$$$$$$$$ chooooo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by red95gts View Post
              I agree. My job requires travel to all 50 states and roughly 6 mos worth of time away from home. Typically, I'm only gone for 5-7 days at a time. The other half of the year, I'm at home doing whatever the hell I want. I'm paid salary non-exempt (salary for the first 8hrs of every day and OT afterwards) so I'm being paid whether I'm at home or on the road. Honestly, there's very little to complain about. The last three young guys we've hired haven't worked out for shit. Complain about everything and eventually get canned for not showing up or some other dumbfuckery. It's not even hard work (electronics/software/networking mostly) so really no excuse in my mind.

For the record, I'm not union but there are guys who do a very similar function for the same company that are. NYC and New England mostly. The New England Union doesn't take advantage of the company too badly and they are much better protected from benefit cost increases, pay cuts, etc. than I am. My option every year is to pay more for healthcare or GTFO, basically. Lol

In contrast, the NYC crew is a fucking disgrace. Ive seen those guys milk a 5-day job for a month and somehow write off 100+ hours of OT in the process. Just goes to show not all unions are the same....
              Hiring? lol (but seriously)

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                Mechanical engineering and and you can't spell? Not buying it. Stick to growing pot and bicycling.
                and and?

stick to the topic.. so where do you work?
                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  Fuck. I'm not a doctor, a nurse, or an engineer and my 2 year masters program was $75k...$105k for out of state students.

i mean really.. if you want to be an engineer in dallas you better have gone to UT, or A&M to be on the sure-in list, UTA or UTD to be on the second wave.. and anything else you may be lucky to get an administrative job. I just wanna know where these $25k bachelors degrees came from and how they are faring the recipients.
                  THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                    Stick to growing pot and bicycling.
                    mow your own grass so the neighbor wont have to, and keep on keepin on with your stationary bike... LOL TOOL
                    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      Fuck. I'm not a doctor, a nurse, or an engineer and my 2 year masters program was $75k...$105k for out of state students.

Can I hold a dollar?

Comment

• Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                        Can I hold a dollar?
                        I only carry $5's

Choooooooo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ choooooo$$$$$$$$$$$
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

mow your own grass so the neighbor wont have to, and keep on keepin on with your stationary bike... LOL TOOL
                          Go headbutt a bullet and let me know how you fare while providing cover fire for your friends AND protecting a family from insurgents you worthless fuck. Oh, and where am I employed? My checks say Department of Treasury so probably with the government as one of the enumerated powers and an obligation of the federal government.

How about you have a brain injury that makes being out in the sun painful, to the point of passing out? How about you have blackouts where you fall off of a tractor and barely miss the brush hog due to luck. How about you have anxiety about even walking outside thinking someone is out there with another rifle to finish the job that was started?

How about you try it sparky. Let me know how you get past watching the walls bleed, hearing and seeing your friends die every night in your dreams and hearing them talk when it's quiet. Fuck. You.

Or simply put, read my article. Let me know if you can get out of bed after the shit I deal with daily.

Time Magazine: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...037649,00.html

Comment

where is it from... you do know that plays a part of how desirable you are, dont you?
                            Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                            My bachelors wasn't 100k either. Hell, you can add my masters to my bachelors and not hit even half of that

ya idont know where people are getting these numbers

i guess they all think you got to go to harvard to get a decent job lol . my degree program from tech is actaully on $14k not 20k but after you factor everthing its gonna run me 20 no way around that

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                            you sound lazy as shit, you will never have anything nice, your kids will never have a good christmas, and you will never work for me.
                            Texas Tech , engineer . so needless to say im not at all lazy and my kids will have great christmas . not if I ever want to graduate an keep a job lol

BUT i willsay that im not that far yet im only about halfway there and i wont even start the very first actual engineer class until middle of next yr but i got all the prerequisites out of the way already just got to do some more of the core circ. bullcrap and im off

its a lot cheaper than you seem to thing man . i tend to double up on loans and pay them off early cause i HATE hate hate being in debt to anyone just my personality

and nothing personal or anything but id never work for you

or any over entitled people . just not how i roll . You got that sense of entitlement no telling what youd think when it came to employees . Who knows what going through your head...... Ill take the cutthroat regular way anyday i can handle that at least . Cuz the rules are simple every man for himself just how i like it
                            Last edited by SMEGMA STENCH; 11-06-2012, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X