New Obama ad compares girls losing their virginity to voting for Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    It's all in how the targeted kid has been raised. To me, this ad is dripping with desperation and malice. But, in order to see that you have to have the common sense to see how and why they are appealing to young girls. It's almost like they are attempting to peer pressure girls. You're "super uncool" if you don't vote for Barack. You're a bigot if don't vote for Obama, you're oppressing gays and lesbians so they can't have those weddings you see on TLC.

And what does Politico headline this ad with? "Conservative blogs outraged over new Obama ad."

I don't know about you, but I would find this despicable no matter who ran it. This is where we are now, the kind of ads that would end a campaign in shame just a few years ago.
    My 23 year-old daughter scoffed at it. Not sure exactly what that meant, but she dismissed it to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
      Thanks TC, I was curious to see if you were gonna chime in. Is birth control that big of a deal to younger females that they would choose to vote in a president for that matter alone?
      Under the healthcare mandate, health plans are required to provide birth control with no up front cost. Instead of the $25-50 copay that women used to pay for their birth control, they're now getting it for free and passing the bill to the rest of the insured. The ridiculousity of this "birth control for all" bull shit is that 1) it only applies to women who have prescription coverage through their private health care, and 2) they're opting for implants, IUDs, or generic pills. It does NOT include the birth control patch or the nuva-ring.

Just like its been since I was a teenager, planned parenthood and health resource clinics STILL provide free and low cost birth control. It's not a new thing. Obama didn't invent it, but for some reason, all of the bleeding heart liberals have seemingly forgotten that Planned Parenthood offers more than abortions, as they've been debating "free" health plan sponsored birth control.

Comment

super uncool

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post

I don't know about you, but I would find this despicable no matter who ran it. This is where we are now, the kind of ads that would end a campaign in shame just a few years ago.
          I'm ashamed of our politicians and especially Obama. Even if you hated a politician in the past, it was never this feeling of embarrassment that leads to anger.

This ad is disgraceful. I agree it depends on the target, but these kids popping out of HS seem intelligent, but extremely ignorant and would fall for these sort of things. I'm not saying all kids obviously, but the masses in the cities and such.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Going after the slut vote. Cagey move, Mr. President.
            Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
            There is so much to snark about with that ad. Something tells me that she's the type that probably remembers more about her first time with a woman than a man. It's definitely targeting the college-aged-women's-lib-slut genre.

On a side note, it's funny to me that I had no problem getting my own birth control prior to 2008.
            Originally posted by Woods Racing Transmission View Post
            Being a slut must run in the Dunham family.
            It's a trolling ad. Which apparently served its purpose quite well in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Avery'sDad View Post
              It's a trolling ad. Which apparently served its purpose quite well in this thread.
              The Obama Campaign has a theme going. Abortion, Birth Control, and your "First Time".

Your right they are trolling for votes from anywhere they can get them, mainly from the uneducated segment of society. You fit right in with their agenda.

Comment

Lol @ your incompetence. I could explain why "trolling" is the dumbest strategy there is, but ill wait for the election. You are every bit as clueless as someone with your politics is expected to be.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

Trolling may get attention, but it certainly doesn't earn respect.

Comment

Up to 8660 dislikes
                      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                      X