Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Planned Parenthood get federal funds again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Planned Parenthood get federal funds again?

You have to wonder if Planned Parenthood is using any of the hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars Obama helps steer to them for these endless ad buys.

Via The Hill:

Planned Parenthood’s political arm is starting another swing-state push against Mitt Romney, who some polls show gaining ground among key female voters.

Planned Parenthood Votes announced Tuesday that it has launched a $578,000 radio ad buy against Romney in Ohio and Virginia.

The group also spent another $250,000 on its television ad buy in Colorado, bringing its total investment in that state to more than $1 million.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Because aborting them is more fiscally sound than raising them on welfare for 18 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
      Because aborting them is more fiscally sound than raising them on welfare for 18 years?
      its really hard to argue with that.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
        its really hard to argue with that.
        inb4 dumbass religious people
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

^
          ^
          ^
          all correct

/thread

Comment

72nd trimester aborshuns 4 tha win!
            Ded

Comment

Except that's assuming those are the only two options available. And if they have a million plus to spend on campaigning, then they are a political entity and should A)be taxed as such and B) not receive ANY federal funding because they evidently have money to throw away.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                Except that's assuming those are the only two options available. And if they have a million plus to spend on campaigning, then they are a political entity and should A)be taxed as such and B) not receive ANY federal funding because they evidently have money to throw away.

Do some research and look into the effects of abortion and crime. Interesting stuff.

Yes adoption exists for unwanted children, but there are over 100,000 children in this country awaiting it. Well to do families tend to want white babies.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post

Do some research and look into the effects of abortion and crime. Interesting stuff.

Yes adoption exists for unwanted children, but there are over 100,000 children in this country awaiting it. Well to do families tend to want white babies.
                  Unless of course, you remove the incentive to have children (welfare increases per child born) and punish parents who do not look after their children such as neglect, etc. You remove the pluses and you get an automatic reduction in unwanted pregnancies. And, I'm only saying remove FEDERAL funding as:

1. There is no constitutional permission or mandate to fund it
                  2. This is a private company getting federal funds
                  3. They don't actually perform any mamograms or exams, they send you to another location.
                  4. They are spending a million plus on a presidential campaign.

If states want to fund it, so be it. If cities want to fund it, game on. If private citizens want to fund it, by all means. However it is unconstitutional for them to receive one dime of federal taxpayer money

Comment

Unless of course, you remove the incentive to have children (welfare increases per child born) and punish parents who do not look after their children such as neglect, etc. You remove the pluses and you get an automatic reduction in unwanted pregnancies. And, I'm only saying remove FEDERAL funding as:
                    What incentives? Tyrone gotta get his fuck on.

Comment

This is one of those social programs we all want, frost, like paved roads. Is it perfect? No. Also, abortions account for very little of their funds. The vast majority of their funds go to women's health (including pre-natal care for those that want to bring their pregnancy to term), pregnancy prevention, and education/outreach. Religious nut jobs seem to think girl parts are icky, though, so they decry it as a national organization bent on murdering every fetus it finds.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                        This is one of those social programs we all want, frost, like paved roads. Is it perfect? No. Also, abortions account for very little of their funds. The vast majority of their funds go to women's health (including pre-natal care for those that want to bring their pregnancy to term), pregnancy prevention, and education/outreach. Religious nut jobs seem to think girl parts are icky, though, so they decry it as a national organization bent on murdering every fetus it finds.
                        Paved roads: Constitutional, at least "Post roads." This isn't. And if 'we all want' it, then states, cities and individuals can fund it to their heart's content. The federal government is VERY limited on what it can spend tax dollars on, going so far to actually enumerate them.

If abortions account for so little fo their funds, then they should have no problem with cutting federal funding by that amount plus the amount of these campaigns. Right? I can't think of any religion that thinks girl parts are icky. And as far as murdering fetuses, you are aware the founder of the program was very clear about her view on it.

The most merciful thing that a family does to one of its infant members is to kill it.
                        Margaret Sanger

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                          What incentives? Tyrone gotta get his fuck on.
                          I'm 100% behind cutting all welfare benefits to anyone who has more than 1 kid while on the program. You get knocked up? Sorry, you should have worked this out better, we're not paying for you any more.

Bet if it hits women in the pocketbook, they'll 'discover' an age old form of birth control.

Comment

I'm 100% behind cutting all welfare benefits to anyone who has more than 1 kid while on the program. You get knocked up? Sorry, you should have worked this out better, we're not paying for you any more.

Bet if it hits women in the pocketbook, they'll 'discover' an age old form of birth control.
                            Soooooooooooooo......you want them to not get an abortion, go through their pregnancy without prenatal care, and prom mom the baby in a dumpster instead?

Comment

Soooooooooooooo......you want them to not get an abortion, go through their pregnancy without prenatal care, and prom mom the baby in a dumpster instead?
                              No, if they dump the child in a dumpster, they should be arrested and put in prison. And again, if states, cities or individuals would like to fund this, by all means. I'm not even discussing this as a matter of ethics or morality. I'm arguing it on basis of constitutionality and legality. Personal responsibility for your actions, sometimes actually hurts.

Comment

Working...
                              X