I wonder what they offered her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder what they offered her

To take the hit on this. This ends her political career.

Clinton: 'I take responsibility' for Benghazi

From Elise Labott, reporting from Lima, Peru on CNN's OutFront

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the bucks stops with her when it comes to who is blame for a deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi.

"I take responsibility" for what happened on September 11, Clinton said in an interview with CNN's Elise Labott soon after arriving in Lima, Peru for a visit. The interview, one of a series given to U.S. television networks Monday night, were the first she has given about the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

Clinton insisted President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are not involved in security decisions, Clinton said.

"I want to avoid some kind of political gotcha," she added, noting that it is close to the election.

The attack killed Chris Stevens, the U.S. ambassador to Libya, and three other Americans at the consulate.

The Obama administration has been heavily criticized after Vice President Joe Biden said during last week's vice presidential debate that the White House did not know of requests to enhance security at Benghazi, contradicting testimony by State Department employees that requests had been made and rejected. Following the debate, the White House said the vice president did not know of the requests because they were handled, as is the practice, by the State Department.

Clinton also sought to downplay the criticism that administration officials continued to say the attack was a spontaneous product of a protest over an anti-Muslim film, a theory that has since been discarded.

In the wake of an attack, there is always "confusion," Clinton said. But the information has since changed, Clinton said in the interview.

The secretary of state also described the desperate scene in the State Department during the hours of the attack on the night of September 10. It was an "intense, long ordeal" as staff tried to find out what had happened.

Clinton said her mission now is to make sure such an attack will never happen again – but also that diplomacy, even in dangerous areas like Benghazi, is not stopped.

"We can't not engage," she said. "We cannot retreat."

From Elise Labott, reporting from Lima, Peru on CNN's OutFront Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the bucks stops with her when it comes to who is blame for a deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

She bit right down on that cyanide pill didn't she?

Comment

Still find it hard to believe that the White House did not have any idea what was going on. Doesn't the president get multiple briefings all thru the day, especially on hot topics?

Comment

Originally posted by 91GriggsGT View Post
        Still find it hard to believe that the White House did not have any idea what was going on. Doesn't the president get multiple briefings all thru the day, especially on hot topics?
        Supposed to, but he's missed over half of his daily briefings.
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

He misses a lot of shit. But then again, I guess he likes it that way so he can say it was someone else's fault, just like the last 4 years.

Comment

She announced months ago that after this term she was stepping down, she had nothing to lose by taking the fall. Unfortunately the Messiah in Chief will dodge this one as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              To take the hit on this. This ends her political career.

Clinton: 'I take responsibility' for Benghazi

From Elise Labott, reporting from Lima, Peru on CNN's OutFront

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the bucks stops with her when it comes to who is blame for a deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi.

"I take responsibility" for what happened on September 11, Clinton said in an interview with CNN's Elise Labott soon after arriving in Lima, Peru for a visit. The interview, one of a series given to U.S. television networks Monday night, were the first she has given about the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

Clinton insisted President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are not involved in security decisions, Clinton said.

"I want to avoid some kind of political gotcha," she added, noting that it is close to the election.

The attack killed Chris Stevens, the U.S. ambassador to Libya, and three other Americans at the consulate.

The Obama administration has been heavily criticized after Vice President Joe Biden said during last week's vice presidential debate that the White House did not know of requests to enhance security at Benghazi, contradicting testimony by State Department employees that requests had been made and rejected. Following the debate, the White House said the vice president did not know of the requests because they were handled, as is the practice, by the State Department.

Clinton also sought to downplay the criticism that administration officials continued to say the attack was a spontaneous product of a protest over an anti-Muslim film, a theory that has since been discarded.

In the wake of an attack, there is always "confusion," Clinton said. But the information has since changed, Clinton said in the interview.

The secretary of state also described the desperate scene in the State Department during the hours of the attack on the night of September 10. It was an "intense, long ordeal" as staff tried to find out what had happened.

Clinton said her mission now is to make sure such an attack will never happen again – but also that diplomacy, even in dangerous areas like Benghazi, is not stopped.

"We can't not engage," she said. "We cannot retreat."

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/20...-for-benghazi/
              Believe me, if she's going to be the scapegoat in this, she'll be throwing motherfuckers under the bus. Watch for other things to begin leaking out.

The thing is, none of the websites I scour have anything about this. A couple of them even having her pushing back on the white house.
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Now they are coming with this story.
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

If Obama and/or Biden are truly not involved in security decisions, as Clinton claims, they are even more incompetent and worthless than I previously thought.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                    If Obama and/or Biden are truly not involved in security decisions, as Clinton claims, they are even more incompetent and worthless than I previously thought.

Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

She has Lazarus genes.... she'll be baaaack!
                      Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

She's helping out her friend, Obummy. Whatever it takes to get him re-elected. She's rolling the dice that it will help him and he will return the favor if elected.

Comment

^The Clintons and the Obummahs do not see eye to eye, per se.
                          Detailing by Dylan
                          817-494-3396
                          Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                          Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
                            ^The Clintons and the Obummahs do not see eye to eye, per se.
                            I think they are much more similar than what they want people to believe.

Comment

I think this is one hell of back stab. After Bill juiced up the DNC, for the administration to
                              pin this on Hillary?

The administration tried to setup the video-strawman to save their posturing stance on the
                              middle east this close to the election with the Bin Laden cred in tow, but the media didn't buy
                              the video-strawman, nor did the American people.
                              BO had to flip the script and now they had to pin this on someone.

And what if BO loses the re-election?
                              Then Hillary got dropped in the grease and the administration wins nothing except keeping a
                              little more taint off of his legacy, whatever it turns out to be.

Yeah, I wonder what was offered up. Or maybe they simply just froze her out, put on the
                              VP debate, then screened the caller ID on BO's ringing phone. I bet it was Bill.
                              Jay Johnson
                              Car hauler for hire

Comment

Working...
                              X