Special Report! Jobless Claims Data Skewed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
    Precisely - I'm not one of the board idiots. When you see me ask you something maybe you should think before responding. The data in question is from the WEEKLY JOBLESS REPORT issued this morning. Not the unemployment report released last Friday. Weekly jobless claims are issued every Thursday morning before market open.
    One reason I stay on this board is because sometimes, it makes me fell like a mental giant...and I'm not that smart! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by stang View Post
      We are for an increase of jobs and a decrease in unemployment. But just throwing some numbers out there to make it look like we are doing better doesn't make it better. Instead of looking for links, or for the media to tell you what is and what isn't. Why not ask friends, family, x co-workers, how things are going in our country.
      My world is small and my world view is narrow, I am but one in 330,000,000 Americans. Ask someone in Detroit proper and things are just as abysmal as they've been for a decade, but ask someone in Bloomfield Hills and they'll give you a very different answer. Ask someone in Las Vegas or Miami four years ago and they would tell you the sky is falling! Things around me are getting better, much better, but that doesn't mean you and yours aren't failing. Either way, it's just an anecdotal observation.

The stock market has gained approximately 100% since it's worst point in the recession, corporate profits are back, unemployment is on the decline, and foreclosures are on the decline. Things may not be recovering as fast as you or I want, but they certainly aren't getting worse.

Before one of you tries to put words in my mouth, I'm not saying Obama is solely or even slightly responsible for this. I just know that's where you guys will want to go, so lets just stop that right here.

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
      Who's cheering for the failure of the nation?
      Everyone on FNC for the last week it seems.
      US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
        I don't "link", dickhead. If I tell you a rooster will pull a box-car, hook him up.
        Quote of the day.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
          Precisely - I'm not one of the board idiots. When you see me ask you something maybe you should think before responding. The data in question is from the WEEKLY JOBLESS REPORT issued this morning. Not the unemployment report released last Friday. Weekly jobless claims are issued every Thursday morning before market open.
          Sorry, my mistake! I read "last week" in the first line and made the incorrect assumption it was the same stuff.

I guess it's true that nobody bats a thousand

Comment

Oh get the fuck over yourself.
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

HAHAHAHA - this dude loves my shit!

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
              Oh get the fuck over yourself.

Comment

"Business Insider" says it's California, but I don't know how credible they are.

Comment

Working...
                X