No announcement yet.

Mother of slain State Dep't official is tired of being ignored by Obama Admin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother of slain State Dep't official is tired of being ignored by Obama Admin

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Mother of former SEAL asks Romney to stop

October 10, 2012 RSS Feed Print

By STEVE PEOPLES, Associated Press

SIDNEY, Ohio (AP) — The mother of a former Navy SEAL killed in Libya has called on Mitt Romney to stop talking about her son during his political campaign.

A spokesman for the Republican presidential candidate says Romney will respect her wishes.

Romney in recent days has been telling voters of chance encounter with the former SEAL, Glen Doherty, at a Christmas party two or three years ago. Doherty was among four Americans killed in the attacks in Benghazi.

Romney told the story of his chance encounter with Doherty at least twice in the last two days as part of a larger push to show a more personal side and criticize President Barack Obama's foreign policy. Romney, like other Republicans, have repeatedly raised questions about the president's handling of the Sept. 11 attack.

On Wednesday, Doherty's mother, Barbara Doherty, told Boston television station WHDH that she wanted Romney to stop citing her son.

"I don't trust Romney. He shouldn't make my son's death part of his political agenda. It's wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama," Barbara Doherty said.

ooooops

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I don't like EITHER guy---------- both are sad examples of what a leader should be.

As they say on monday night football "Aw c'mone man!"

dood you are going to blow a gasket!

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
        Mother of former SEAL asks Romney to stop

October 10, 2012 RSS Feed Print

By STEVE PEOPLES, Associated Press

SIDNEY, Ohio (AP) — The mother of a former Navy SEAL killed in Libya has called on Mitt Romney to stop talking about her son during his political campaign.

A spokesman for the Republican presidential candidate says Romney will respect her wishes.

Romney in recent days has been telling voters of chance encounter with the former SEAL, Glen Doherty, at a Christmas party two or three years ago. Doherty was among four Americans killed in the attacks in Benghazi.

Romney told the story of his chance encounter with Doherty at least twice in the last two days as part of a larger push to show a more personal side and criticize President Barack Obama's foreign policy. Romney, like other Republicans, have repeatedly raised questions about the president's handling of the Sept. 11 attack.

On Wednesday, Doherty's mother, Barbara Doherty, told Boston television station WHDH that she wanted Romney to stop citing her son.

"I don't trust Romney. He shouldn't make my son's death part of his political agenda. It's wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama," Barbara Doherty said.

ooooops
        Yeah, but his wife was good with it. Hmmm...C'mon, man.

Comment

Link? What did his aunt think of it--------"aw cmone man"

Comment

Working...
          X