Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detroit Police say... Don't come to Detroit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit Police say... Don't come to Detroit.

DETROIT, Mich. (WJBK) -

The Detroit Tigers won game one of their division series against the A's on Saturday. As fans poured into Comerica Park, they were greeted by about 400 off-duty Detroit police officers with a political message.

Officers handed out fliers saying when you come to Detroit you "enter at your own risk." They also urged people to vote yes on Proposal 2.

"We're not discouraging people from coming, I love the city, I want them to realize we don't have enough man hours," said union president Joe Duncan. "I don't think the city is going to get same officer 8 hours a day as you do for 12 hours a day."

Detroit police officers are working long hours. They're now required to pull 12-hour shifts in an effort to get more police officers on the streets. The schedule can be grueling. The long hours are not earning the officers any more money, their pay was also cut.

Despite the warning, fans we talked to said they feel safe in the city.
    Detroit news, weather, sports, and traffic serving all of southeast Michigan and Metro Detroit. Watch breaking news live or see the latest videos from programs like The Nine, Let it Rip, and FOX 2 News.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Evidently, police cannot do their job so you fire them, replace them with new officers and call in the state guard to ensure things calm down. Or, could go completely nuts, call up the militia.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

They should put up a big electric fence around the city.

Welcome to thunder dome, bitch

Comment

I should run for mayor. I could fix that city

Comment

So what they're saying is...if you're going to rob a bank anywhere in America, do it in Detroit!
          US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            Youtube Detroit city council - unless you're black you won't win, even if you are black you'll just end up arguing with idiots the entire time. Eventually even I would shoot someone, you might not make it through the first meeting before firing a warning shot at a minimum
            US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
              Youtube Detroit city council - unless you're black you won't win, even if you are black you'll just end up arguing with idiots the entire time. Eventually even I would shoot someone, you might not make it through the first meeting before firing a warning shot at a minimum
              But, he has the answer to any quick decision!

Comment

Detroit would be a cool place to shoot a John Carpenter flick.

On a side note, I went to the Detroit Auto show last winter and we didn't leave the convention center area. You walk outside a certain perimeter apparently, you take your life in your own hands.

Comment

I don't think you have enough bullets to take on that city.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                    I don't think you have enough bullets to take on that city.
                    Trick isn't to kill everyone. It's to kill the right ones.

Comment

Are there any wrong ones in Detroit?

Comment

fwiw the surrounding parts of detroit are amazing. i grew up in Troy, MI. Detroit really isn't so bad if you are from there, and the way the city is laid out in a grid you dont HAVE to see the bad parts. you can take woodward ave straight to Joe Louis Arena and you wouldn't be able to tell it apart from downtown dallas, other than all the greek restaraunts
                        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

"Which one of you guys is the leader here?"

Klik-Pow

"Who wants to be leader now?"

Rinse and Repeat....
                          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I believe their Chief of Police just resigned due to a scandal involving banging an officer with Internal Affairs. Talk about "panic" in the police force.

I really feel sorry for the people that are literally "trapped" in that city.

Comment

Working...
                            X