Parents Upset Over Lunchtime Palm Scanner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
    Do you realize how close you have to be to an RFID chip to scan it? You can't shoot a fucking laser beam from across the parking lot.
    You can stand right outside the door, walk past them, hell ask directions while your scanner reads their cards. Cops use their scanners to read your phone at traffic stops, you think criminals aren't clever with tech?

LAS VEGAS — It’s one of the most hostile hacker environments in the country –- the DefCon hacker conference held every summer in Las Vegas. But despite the fact that attendees know they should take precautions to protect their data, federal agents at the conference got a scare on Friday when they were told they […]

Feds at DefCon Alarmed After RFIDs Scanned

“For $30 to $50, the common, average person can put [a portable RFID-reading kit] together…. This is why we’re so adamant about making people aware this is very dangerous. If you don’t protect yourself, you’re potentially exposing your entire [company or agency] to all sorts of risk.”
    Last edited by Forever_frost; 10-10-2012, 06:21 PM.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
      While you're at it, go ahead and start lobbying for cheaper gas prices. If everyone else did the same, we wouldn't have this problem.
      Gas prices fall under the heading of capitalism. Scanners under communism. You have to pick your fights. I know you are being sarcastic, but look at the things that have happened recently after the citizens stood up. Govts were overthrown.

Comment

• Governments were overthrown in these United States? LOL. You'll be shot dead before that happens.

Comment

Governments were overthrown in these United States? LOL. You'll be shot dead before that happens.
          Think a little farther east.

Comment

Governments were overthrown in these United States? LOL. You'll be shot dead before that happens.
            How do you think we got the country? Some will be killed, but if there is enough drive, then there are none in power too high to touch.

Comment

• Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
              Think a little farther east.
              My point exactly. Won't happen here.

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              How do you think we got the country? Some will be killed, but if there is enough drive, then there are none in power too high to touch.
              Won't happen here. Not in a civilized society. There aren't enough people to care. We are too reactionary so once something like this hits more areas it will be too late to do anything about it. You know as well as I do we are being conditioned for this to happen so we will not put up a fight.

Comment

Won't happen here. Not in a civilized society. There aren't enough people to care. We are too reactionary so once something like this hits more areas it will be too late to do anything about it. You know as well as I do we are being conditioned for this to happen so we will not put up a fight.
                Civilized? You dont' watch the news do you? We don't have a civilized society, we have a thin veneer covering a bunch of savages.

Comment

I think you are mostly correct. That doesn't mean I will give up without a fight. If we could get an inspirational leader to emerge, then I think there would be a lot of people to think in that way too.

Comment

Working...
                  X