US Postal Service just defaulted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
    Not just usps.... the entire united states.
    sadly

All of that junk mail offsets some of the cost of operation for the USPS, doesn't it?

Comment

I wonder how much it would help the USPS if everyone did away with receiving bills via email. I know we hardly ever get mail because everything comes to my email. It doesn't save me any money...it only saves money for At&t, TXU, my bank, etc. That is a savings I have let them get and I garuntee you it has not been passed on to the consumer, yet has hurt an industry that our tax money will end up fixing... or has been for years.

I know when I sell stuff online and ship, it is always cheaper and easier to use USPS. I either print my postage online or use the automated thing before the PO opens in the morning. UPS and Fedex are way too expensive for average postage.
      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
        I wonder how much it would help the USPS if everyone did away with receiving bills via email. I know we hardly ever get mail because everything comes to my email. It doesn't save me any money...it only saves money for At&t, TXU, my bank, etc. That is a savings I have let them get and I garuntee you it has not been passed on to the consumer, yet has hurt an industry that our tax money will end up fixing... or has been for years.

I know when I sell stuff online and ship, it is always cheaper and easier to use USPS. I either print my postage online or use the automated thing before the PO opens in the morning. UPS and Fedex are way too expensive for average postage.
        I always keep my paper billing unless they offer me some type of discount not to do so for the reason you state above. I do pay bills online, but I receive paper ones (that usually don't get opened but twice a year).

Comment

Yep, I do paper billing unless they offer me something not to.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
            If there is more than a 2 or 2.5 day delay in delivery, mail volume is still high enough that they have no place to store it and the LLV's can only carry so much mail....and your mailbox can only hold so much mail. They have to deliver or it backs up at the P&DC.

The current management team at HQ has some great plans to shrink the infrastructure but the public, and therefore congress won't allow them to do it. They are even pinching pennies on toilet paper...but the union and congress won't let them touch the BIGGEST operational cost which is payroll. They have cut everything else.

I've been in 900 post offices over the last 5 years and I can tell you the service isn't bad everywhere. It's terrible in larger cities but in the rural areas, going to the PO isn't all that bad. Consider that if you can when you need to go there. It will also help keep your local small PO's open if they can show gains in revenue.

I'm not defending the USPS of old as that plan/system was going to fail. the new PMG and his staff are going about it in the right way to scale back and make the USPS a viable entity for years to come, but their hands are tied as to what they can do because of politics and the union. If Romney is elected, I think you might see a sweeping restructuring of the USPS as that was his/Bain's bread and butter for years. If Barry does bail them out....it will be with their own money they already paid in! LOL!

I avoid you ass holes at all cost. I have never had a pleasant experience at a post office. I would rather pay Fedex/ups double the price to ship a box, just so I don't have to deal with the lazy ass holes at the Post office.

Edit* By your post I assumed you worked for the USPS. My fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              I avoid you ass holes at all cost. I have never had a pleasant experience at a post office. I would rather pay Fedex/ups double the price to ship a box, just so I don't have to deal with the lazy ass holes at the Post office.

Edit* By your post I assumed you worked for the USPS. My fault.
              I understand your angst.....but when there is no incentive to work harder or fear of losing your job, you get employees like that. I get told constantly I work too hard. Crazy thing is that I feel like I am barely working. I had to really dumb it down coming from the dog eat dog private sector. It was a tough adjustment.....and still a pita.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                sadly

All of that junk mail offsets some of the cost of operation for the USPS, doesn't it?
                Much more than "Some".

Comment

Working...
                X