The four big bangs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The four big bangs

Just to be clear: is this an attempt at a logical argument, or a profession of faith on his part? I mean, we know you're Christian. My question is, are you adopting his argument as your own?
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

that guy is an idiot! everyone of these assholes has a book published.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
        Just to be clear: is this an attempt at a logical argument, or a profession of faith on his part? I mean, we know you're Christian. My question is, are you adopting his argument as your own?
        I cannot tell you his stance and not necessarily, I just wanted to interject another view into the bickering that goes on in here. Mine is a strict creationist view done at the hands of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          I cannot tell you his stance and not necessarily, I just wanted to interject another view into the bickering that goes on in here. Mine is a strict creationist view done at the hands of God.
          I had a whole paragraph typed up, but I deleted it for the following message:

Seriously, really? :/

Comment

I cannot tell you his stance and not necessarily,
            While you may not be able to tel the stance that he actually holds, I think the question is running with the assumption that his stance is the one presented in the video. To rephrase Yale's question, as I understood it: "Are you presenting this video as an argument for the biblical creation account and against evolution, or are you just professing what you and, by all appearances, he believe?"

Originally posted by Tx Redneck
            I just wanted to interject another view into the bickering that goes on in here.
            Considering the majority of posts in this forum seem to be in support of religion and nearly half of the US hold "God created human beings pretty much in their present form some time within the last 10,000 years or so", you aren't adding any new viewpoints.

In this case, you're only adding a washed out baseball player with no education past high school stating that he doesn't know how things work, didn't know how things work, lacked belief in something for bad reasons, then went on to believe in something for bad reasons. That sums up pretty much every "I used to be an atheist" straw-man I've ever seen. Mind you, I'm not stating that he wasn't an atheist, I'm stating that he was an atheist for bad reasons, if he ever was.

Mine is a strict creationist view done at the hands of God.
            Again, by all indications, you are not presenting any new idea or viewpoint.

I am curious, however, to know how you rationalize that there is an inverse relationship in people holding your position, the creationist stance, and education?
            Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

If the idea is sound, the pieces will be that of the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
              While you may not be able to tel the stance that he actually holds, I think the question is running with the assumption that his stance is the one presented in the video. To rephrase Yale's question, as I understood it: "Are you presenting this video as an argument for the biblical creation account and against evolution, or are you just professing what you and, by all appearances, he believe?"

Considering the majority of posts in this forum seem to be in support of religion and nearly half of the US hold "God created human beings pretty much in their present form some time within the last 10,000 years or so", you aren't adding any new viewpoints.

In this case, you're only adding a washed out baseball player with no education past high school stating that he doesn't know how things work, didn't know how things work, lacked belief in something for bad reasons, then went on to believe in something for bad reasons. That sums up pretty much every "I used to be an atheist" straw-man I've ever seen. Mind you, I'm not stating that he wasn't an atheist, I'm stating that he was an atheist for bad reasons, if he ever was.

Again, by all indications, you are not presenting any new idea or viewpoint.

I am curious, however, to know how you rationalize that there is an inverse relationship in people holding your position, the creationist stance, and education?
              1 I've never heard his supposition, so to me, it's new.

2 All I see/hear is that you're rather shaken by his challenge in that you've resorted to belittling and demeaning words s well as character assassination.

3 Your question is predicated on a presupposition that creationism reduces the value of education and in turn, is a question that I cannot satisfactorily answer for you with the logical conclusion, based on your posting history in this subforum, being the attempt to do to me what you've done to him.

This is why I've thus far, chosen not to engage you.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.
              Last edited by Tx Redneck; 10-03-2012, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Liberals tend to do that. They often assume that their viewpoint is the only "right" one and resort to belittling and demeaning words in a vain attempt to legitimize their opinions. Many of us know better and see their efforts for what they are......childlish.

Comment

1 I've never heard his supposition, so to me, it's new.
                  If you’ve never heard his position, again it would be running with the assumption that his stance is the one presented in the video, than you clearly did not watch the video.

2 All I see/hear is that you're rather shaken by his challenge in that you've resorted to belittling and demeaning words s well as character assassination.
                  The only thing I said that could be considered character assassination was that he was washed up, which is my opinion. Everything else is simple fact. If he believed, as he stated he did, that science proved that a deity doesn’t exist, than he was an atheist for bad reasons. Science never proves that something doesn’t exist. If he now believes in a deity, specifically the Christian one, because science has not proven that it doesn’t exist, he believes for bad reasons. His belief is based on an argument from ignorance, assuming his story is true.

His lack of education is not only factual, but poignant. If he is unable to demonstrate that he has enough of an education to be an authority, he must rely on an actual authority else fall prey to a fallacious appeal to authority. This is exactly what he didn’t do. He just asserted the information as if he were an authority on the topic.

The fact that I am under the opinion that he is washed up as a baseball player is admittedly superficial; it was by no means the downfall of my counterpoint. Nor was it any indication that I am “shaken”.

3 Your question is predicated on a presupposition that creationism reduces the value of education
                  No, it’s not. In fact, had you bothered to check the source provided, you'd see that, as I stated, there is a demonstrable correlation between the belief in creationism and a lack of education. I never stated that there is a demonstrable causative effect. I merely asked how you rationalized this. This does not assume that creationism devalues education.

and in turn, is a question that I cannot satisfactorily answer for you with the logical conclusion, based on your posting history in this subforum, being the attempt to do to me what you've done to him.

This is why I've this far, chosen not to engage you.
                  All this says to me is that you’re unable to defend your faith using logic and reason, considering that’s what I’ve applied to the assertions made in the video, Matt Slick’s essay, and every other argument that’s been presented. So, if I will do to you what I do to others, and that is the reason you have chosen not to engage me, it follows that you are unable to present evidence that will withstand logical and/or academic scrutiny.
                  Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

If the idea is sound, the pieces will be that of the wall.

Comment

I have zero desire to argue/debate with you, it's a fruitless pursuit. I stand to gain nothing, but lose irreplaceable time. I'm well aware of your stance and beliefs and will not convince you otherwise.

Might I make a suggestion based on observation, your level of verbosity is tiresome and not necessary. Inasmuch as your able, use the K.I.S.S. method, it has merit.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

Your question is predicated on a presupposition that creationism reduces the value of education and in turn, is a question that I cannot satisfactorily answer for you with the logical conclusion, based on your posting history in this subforum, being the attempt to do to me what you've done to him..
                      What 'hatter among others fails to grasp is that "education" is merely attempts at describing Creation in terms that mankind can understand.

Comment

If God is real, how do you explain waterproof matches?

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                          If God is real, how do you explain waterproof matches?
                          Checkmate.

Comment

Cool man. Peace.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                            X