Obama was honest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama was honest

KENT, Ohio (Reuters) - President Barack Obama flubbed a line during a campaign speech on Wednesday, mistakenly saying he wanted to export U.S. jobs, before correcting himself and jokingly blaming Republican rival Mitt Romney.

In the middle of remarks to an enthusiastic crowd in the battleground state of Ohio, Obama was describing a five-point plan to boost employment and lay a "stronger foundation" for the U.S. economy when he stumbled at a crucial word.

"I want to see us export more jobs," Obama said, before catching himself quickly and saying, "Export more products."

"Excuse me," he exclaimed, drawing laughter. "I was channeling my opponent there for a second."

Obama frequently derides Romney, a former private equity executive, for being a "pioneer" of outsourcing jobs to other countries. With unemployment levels above 8 percent, both men are trying to convince voters they have the better plan to create jobs and boost the economy at home.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

god bless america

and no place else

Comment

I make the import/ export mistake all the time. I almost failed a writing assignment in my philosophy class because of that mistake....that's just me though......and I thought I would share.
      Sucks when you make mistakes like that in politics though, since your rivals will use anything and everything you say or do against you. Its the name of the game I guess....
      .....bro....

Comment

You don't know the difference between import and export?

Comment

is a bmw an imported car, or was it exported?
          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
            is a bmw an imported car, or was it exported?
            where are you while asking the question?

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              KENT, Ohio (Reuters) - President Barack Obama flubbed a line during a campaign speech on Wednesday, mistakenly saying he wanted to export U.S. jobs, before correcting himself and jokingly blaming Republican rival Mitt Romney.

In the middle of remarks to an enthusiastic crowd in the battleground state of Ohio, Obama was describing a five-point plan to boost employment and lay a "stronger foundation" for the U.S. economy when he stumbled at a crucial word.

"I want to see us export more jobs," Obama said, before catching himself quickly and saying, "Export more products."

"Excuse me," he exclaimed, drawing laughter. "I was channeling my opponent there for a second."

Obama frequently derides Romney, a former private equity executive, for being a "pioneer" of outsourcing jobs to other countries. With unemployment levels above 8 percent, both men are trying to convince voters they have the better plan to create jobs and boost the economy at home.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-flubs-li...021547448.html
              he sure makes a lot of "flubs" a lot for a guy wouldn't order a bigmack without using a teleprompter.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                he sure makes a lot of "flubs" a lot for a guy wouldn't order a bigmack without using a teleprompter.
                Like when he was caught on-camera telling Medvedev to wait until his re-election to cut a deal with the Russian's?

Comment

Working...
                X