Semper Pink: Gay Marines Protest Possibility Of Female Infantry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semper Pink: Gay Marines Protest Possibility Of Female Infantry

Francisco, California – The premier advocacy organization for gay infantry Marines released a statement today condemning the Marine Corps’ plan to open up the Infantry Officers Course to female volunteers.

The San Francisco-based group Semper Pink called the plan “an affront to the traditional Spartan values which we cherish as Marines.” The group also said that female grunts “will damage the closeness, intimacy, and brotherhood that comes with infantry life.”

In mid-April the Marine Corps announced plans to open up an indeterminate number of slots at its Infantry Officers Course in Quantico to female volunteers. In addition, the Marine Corps is developing physical fitness tests to establish gender-neutral standards for grunts.

Previously, women were only allowed to serve in non-combat roles.

Semper Pink spokesman Sergeant James Wagner, wearing a shirt that said “I keep my unit out of women, so keep women out of my unit,” said that allowing women into the infantry would force gay Marines to deal with lifestyle choices which they disagreed with.

“Plus, we didn’t join up to look at some nasty poon-tang!” he emphasized.

Sergeant Wagner also said that female infantry would be disruptive to unit cohesion.

“Suppose I happen to be out in town, and I see a male and a female Marine from my fireteam kissing,” he says. “Now any time we’re in combat I’ll have to wonder if he’s thinking of cradling me in his arms as I tell him that I love him with my last dying breath, or her skank ass.”

Reactions among other gay active-duty Marines were equally negative.

“There is no way to describe how offended I am,” said Staff Sergeant Tim Miller, a Drill Instructor at Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego who previously served as a TOW Gunner with 3rd Battalion 5th Marines.

“After almost twenty years of protesting and marching, we finally get access to the greatest sausage fest on the planet, and within six months the Marine Corps totally screws it up.”
    Lance Corporal Evan Smith, a Rifleman with 3rd Battalion 1st Marines, believed that female grunts would detract from the Marine infantry experience.

“We had a car wash last week, and I was super pumped to show all the guys the new ‘Balls of the Corps’ tattoo I got on my chest. But they spent all their time staring at this female Staff Sergeant who’s training with us.”

“If you ask me, females just can’t do the same work as males,” he added. “It’s basically a question of PT.”

1st Lieutenant Nate Wallis, the first openly-gay platoon commander in the 1st Marine Division, was more circumspect.

“The Marine Corps is all about tradition,” said Wallis, “so change doesn’t come naturally to a lot of people. However, while the infantry has been gay ever since the Spartans, I think it’s time we step out smartly and into the Twenty-First Century.”

“Still, someday I’ll tell my kids how good we had it in the Old Corps,” he mused.

SAN FRANCISCO — The premier advocacy organization for gay infantry Marines released a statement today condemning the Marine Corps' plan to open up the Infantry Officers Course to female volunteers.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

lol. I've only met one female Marine that was worth a shit. All of the rest were pretty much fucking useless and should have went USAF.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
      lol. I've only met one female Marine that was worth a shit. All of the rest were pretty much fucking useless and should have went USAF.
      Women in combat roles make me sad.

Comment

So they spend years fighting for their right to be gay and serve, and as soon as they are accepted they start trying to prevent women from fighting for their right to serve?
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I say if they can meet the exact same physical and mental baselines then They should be able to do the duty. When I was in boot at MCRD we had some real pussy ass guys that I wouldn't want carrying a weapon but if they can pass then they get the job. Don't lower the standards for women, make them do the same tests
          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

So, they don't want any icky girls messing up their friday night sissy fights?

Chesty (wherever he is) is crying right now...for the first time ever.
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

This has to be an Onion article.

Comment

I've met very few useful ones as well. Most of them spend most of their time............well I'll just leave it at that.

I'm guessing the article was made in jest because of the way it reads. If it's not a joke then those are some closeminded hypocrites of the largest order.
                2004 Suzuki DL650
                1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Not onion but the site is a parody site. From what I've seen, gay service members do not want opposite sex enjoying the same benefits they are. For instance, how many gay military are pushing for unisex bathrooms and men and women bunking together?

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                    Not onion but the site is a parody site. From what I've seen, gay service members do not want opposite sex enjoying the same benefits they are. For instance, how many gay military are pushing for unisex bathrooms and men and women bunking together?
                    Nothing like some good old n=1 anecdotal observations to make for a compelling argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                      Nothing like some good old n=1 anecdotal observations to make for a compelling argument.
                      Just because it's anecdotal, doesn't mean that it's wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                        Just because it's anecdotal, doesn't mean that it's wrong.
                        It's also massively vague and general to the point that it all it amounts to is conjecture.

Comment

It's also massively vague and general to the point that it all it amounts to is conjecture.
                          Well... he did preface it with "from what I've seen". It's not as though he misrepresented his experiences as facts.

Comment

Not really. It's my observations. Have you heard any of the gay rights groups protesting to allow different sexes to share barracks and bathrooms?

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                              Not really. It's my observations. Have you heard any of the gay rights groups protesting to allow different sexes to share barracks and bathrooms?
                              Humans don't generally spend a lot of time campaigning for other peoples' issues that don't present any potential gain for them. How many straight Marines were out there really campaigning for the repeal of don't ask don't tell?

You also posted an article from a really obscure parody site with the general premise that they were campaigning against such movements. It's especially misleading when you're presenting a false dilemma that if they're not out there campaigning for some cause then they must be against it.

Comment

Working...
                              X