How does a college need an APC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does a college need an APC?

Department of Homeland Security officials gave the University of California-Berkeley a $200,000 grant to purchase an “armored response counterattack truck” for its campus police department, to the dismay of Occupy protesters in the area.

“The eight-ton vehicle, commonly referred to as a “Bearcat,” is used by U.S. troops on the battlefield and is often equipped with a rotating roof hatch, powered turrets, gun ports, a battering ram, and a weapon system used to remotely engage a target with lethal force,” according to Campus Reform.

UC-Berkeley officials told Campus Reform they asked for the counterattack truck grant after a case last year in which they wrongly believed that a man was armed with an AK-47.

Local Occupy Wall Street protesters tried to persuade the school not to purchase the vehicle. “I’m asking, please stay out of this urban warfare stuff,” Daniel Borgstrom, an Occupier and former Marine, told the city council at a June meeting, according to Inter Press Service News Agency.

Occupy protesters at University of California-Davis were pepper-sprayed by campus police while they sat on the grass as part of a peaceful protest — an incident that was caught on video.

“I feel very sorry for the harm our students were subjected to and I vow to work tirelessly to make the campus a more welcoming and safe place,” UC Davis Chancellor Linda Katehi said in a statement at the time.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Frost if you were offered a free APC would you not take it? I would have that bastard sitting in the back yard looking over the oversized gate.

However I do see what your saying. WTF and in Cali of all places. 200,000 would buy a lot of equipment, cars, radios, etc for smaller struggling departments. Or lets go the Frost route. Add this to the other bazzilion (spelling) things the MAN wastes one on and maybe we could pay down some of this god damn national debt. I see that point of view also as a tax payer.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

What are they going to do, sit in the truck and watch shooters?
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          Frost if you were offered a free APC would you not take it? I would have that bastard sitting in the back yard looking over the oversized gate.

However I do see what your saying. WTF and in Cali of all places. 200,000 would buy a lot of equipment, cars, radios, etc for smaller struggling departments. Or lets go the Frost route. Add this to the other bazzilion (spelling) things the MAN wastes one on and maybe we could pay down some of this god damn national debt. I see that point of view also as a tax payer.
          If it was offered to me? HELL yes I'd have it here. Difference is, There is 0 chance I'll use it to infringe on the rights of others. No school needs an APC. Neither do police departments UNLESS the locals want to pony up the money

Comment

I can see this happening in Texas because we like cool shit like that, but in liberal land? I'm shocked.

Comment

An APC with pneumatic tires seems sort of foolish to me.

I hope that they paint it with gloss paint; it is much easier to wash hippie blood off of gloss paint.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

You know, quickest way to disable that truck?

A couple gallons of black house paint. Completely inop

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                  You know, quickest way to disable that truck?

A couple gallons of black house paint. Completely inop
                  If you can't see out you aren't going anywhere...
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                    If you can't see out you aren't going anywhere...
                    Exactly. We proved to tankers at Ft. Hood that if you can't see, you have to pop that armor. Or sit there. Molitovs may not get you, but they do increase the temps and you can't turn on the AC or you'll suck heat right into the cabin.

The way you fight armor, without anti-armor weapons is that you don't fight it. You go around it. It took me 15 seconds to find weaknesses in that truck

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                      Exactly. We proved to tankers at Ft. Hood that if you can't see, you have to pop that armor. Or sit there. Molitovs may not get you, but they do increase the temps and you can't turn on the AC or you'll suck heat right into the cabin.

The way you fight armor, without anti-armor weapons is that you don't fight it. You go around it. It took me 15 seconds to find weaknesses in that truck
                      M1A*s don't have wipers. Maybe this vehicle has mineral spirits or paint thinner in its reservoir.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post

What did they have to promise to get this i wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by tazz007 View Post
                          What did they have to promise to get this i wonder?
                          They said a man had an AK, when there was no AK. Read the article.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                          X