Rep. Steve King Threatens to Sue Obama Over Immigration Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rep. Steve King Threatens to Sue Obama Over Immigration Order

Iowa Rep. Steve King said on Friday that he would sue the Obama administration to block its newly announced plan to grant amnesty to certain children of illegal immigrants.

“I will tell you that — I’m not without experience on this — I’m prepared to bring a suit and seek a court order to stop implementation of this policy,” King said on former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee’s radio program, The Daily Caller reports.

The Republican congressman, vice chairman of the House Judiciary Committee’s Subcommittee on Immigration Policy and Enforcement, told Huckabee that he had prevailed in a lawsuit against his own state on a similar separation of powers issue.

“I have done it once in the past successfully when then-Governor Tom Vilsack thought he could legislate by executive order — and the case of King vs. Vilsack is in the books,” King said. “And that individual, by the way, is now the secretary of agriculture. I wonder if he’s not counseling the president on his legal proceedings.”

Huckabee then asked, “You plan to sue this administration for implementing something that you believe should have required legislative process and approval?”
    “That is correct,” King replied.

Earlier on Friday, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said that the Obama administration’s plan to selectively enforce illegal immigration law by refusing to deport illegal aliens brought to the U.S. as “young children” — is effectively an administrative version of the DREAM Act.

“Our nation’s immigration laws must be enforced in a firm and sensible manner,” Napolitano said in a statement. “But they are not designed to be blindly enforced without consideration given to the individual circumstances of each case.”

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Then stfu, bring the suit and let's get rolling.

Comment

Exactly, stop the saber rattling and get down to business already.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        Napolitano said in a statement. “But they are not designed to be blindly enforced without consideration given to the individual circumstances of each case.”

So, how the hell does making a blanket statement about not deporting 16-30 y/o criminals give consideration for "individual circumstances"??? wtf.

Comment

Originally posted by thesource View Post
          Exactly, stop the saber rattling and get down to business already.
          He's not going to. He's just running for reelection this year.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

we might need all the illegals when the shit hits the fan

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
              we might need all the illegals when the shit hits the fan
              For what, cannon fodder?

Comment

Working...
              X