Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do the reports of China's economy, const. and exports slowing REALLY affect them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do the reports of China's economy, const. and exports slowing REALLY affect them?

There's been a lot of stuff going around lately about how China is building less, exporting less and just generally slowing down.

I have thoughts of the Japanese implosion from a few decades ago (that oddly enough began after they started trying to buy a bunch od domestic USA real estate) and how that may correlate to this situation.

I'd like nothing more than to see China sink into the core of the earth, but what's the skinny?
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

For the brief time I was there, I saw acres of vacant new development. There are tons of apartments and condominium buildings without residents. Some estimates were around 65 million vacant units nationally. I think the idea was to bring more rural Chinese to urban centers. Maybe Hu Jintao likes the movie Field of Dreams?

They've got to hit a plateau sooner or later.
    Men have become the tools of their tools.
    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

They are imploding from lack of labor (for every 2 people already there, they only have max 1 kid) and competition for their labor. They are also having to access their own resources to compete which is putting a strain on the country
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        They are imploding from lack of labor (for every 2 people already there, they only have max 1 kid) and competition for their labor. They are also having to access their own resources to compete which is putting a strain on the country
        They're not there yet, but they will be soon. Their pace of growth has been unsustainable for a while.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Not to mention with the rising middle class there, they demand higher wages, which deflates profitability of basic manufacturing goods. What -is- going to explode, is consumer items for this growing middle class, rather than manufacturing goods to export. You are already beginning to see it now.

This new middle class wants cars, wants electronics, and wants fashionable items to show off their status. Great opportunity for American companies to exploit....if they can protect their IP's from getting stolen in wild-west china.

Comment

10% GDP CAGR eventually takes over the world!! Eeeekkkkk
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              10% GDP CAGR eventually takes over the world!! Eeeekkkkk
              But how many empty cities will that end up being?

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                if they can protect their IP's from getting stolen in wild-west china.
                Doubt theyll be able to . China doesnt seem to care much about just ripping off what works

Comment

China produces nothing of it's own. The only way companies are allowed to do business there is they have to give the government access to their tech
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                  X