"I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore"

These are the words from an intro track to an album that I heard. Made me think; is there a time when the people will have a voice again? I don't mean this 99% bullshit, but a real uprising. When working within the law is against the law. Maybe it's just me but this is pretty powerful shit. For those of you that don't want to read, here's the audio.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChQFkwzUHzM[/ame]

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. A dollar buys a nickel's worth. Banks are going bust. Shop keepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do with it. There's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breath and our food is unfit to eat. We sit watching our TVs while some local news caster tell us that today we had 15 homicides and 63 violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad, worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in a house and slowly the world we're living in is getting smaller and all we say is "Please at leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster, my TV, my steel belted radials, and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone". But I'm not going to leave you alone. I want you to get mad. I don't want you to protest, I don't want you to riot, I don't want you to write to your congressmen because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression, and inflation, and the Russians, and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad. You've got to say "I'm a human being dammit. My life has value". I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now, and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell: "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

It's from the movie "Network"
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
      It's from the movie "Network"
      Thank you!

Comment

Dude, don't be dramatic.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Yelling from a window should turn things around pretty quickly.

Dude, don't be naive.

Comment

It's not about yelling out of a window. If that's all you got from it you're missing the point. It's about getting mad...hence the title. The majority of this forum is already at this point. I think that it's a call to everybody to get mad and that just like the person vocalizing this, we don't know what to do. Can anybody on here honestly say that they know exactly what to do to make this country better? I can't. However, I know that something needs to change. Feauxbama ran on this platform four years ago and I fell into that trap. While he did change things, he completely shit on the constitution in order to do so.

I think that the real change would be getting back to the constitution. One of Obama's premises was that everybody should be college educated when the fact is that when people graduate from high school in America they're already behind the curve when compared to other 1st world countries. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that those countries have standardized testing. The only reason standardized testing exists is to get federal funding for that school district.

For some reason, America has become all about the money when the American dollar is losing value year after year. We sponsor programs for children that don't speak english when other countries sponsor programs to teach kids other languages at an early age. America is falling behind in math and science and we lower the passing grade for math and science.

Maybe being a bit redundant, but there's a fucking problem with this country and it's not just with who's in charge. Today at work, this story is 100% true, a lady brought her kid into the kids club at the gym I work at and her kid smacked the shit out of another kid with down-syndrome. All the lady said to the parent of the down-syndrome kid when he got mad was "He's only 2 years old." She didn't apologize or say she would discipline her child. She got offended that the parent of the other kid was upset. Seriously. What the fucking fuck? Take responsibility. That's a small example of what's wrong.

Comment

Sorry, that was long.

Cliffnotes: We're living in a country that people don't want to take action against bullshit caused by others, or responsibility caused by themselves or those they're associated with.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                Sorry, that was long.

Cliffnotes: We're living in a country that people don't want to take action against bullshit caused by others, or responsibility caused by themselves or those they're associated with.
                Welcome to the party, pal.

Comment

That rant makes you sound like a 99% protestor, man. Before you get mad, why don't you actually try to affect positive change in your community?
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                    That rant makes you sound like a 99% protestor, man. Before you get mad, why don't you actually try to affect positive change in your community?
                    I think the 99% people are more-so focused on business because they all got liberal arts degrees and can't find work and don't understand why people that worked their asses off make so much more than them. I'm willing to bet that most of them want a 9-5 job making six figures.

Comment

Working...
                    X