No announcement yet.

Voters saying no to more taxes means less law enforcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, so since 25% can't read, what's the solution? More spending isn't. How about we hold teachers responsible and if their class can't read, they're fired. Any student who isn't showing an interest in learning is kicked out. And EVERY parent must contribute to the education of their child or children or they do not attend.

What's Biden say about Skin in the game? And the head of the Teacher's Union said it wasn't about the students, it's about money
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

My point was the error in the article.

Comment

Ahh, got it. And how does having a lower level of literacy cost anyone but the person anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          Ahh, got it. And how does having a lower level of literacy cost anyone but the person anything?
          Because its directly related to people who commit crimes. I'd imagine as well as ones on welfare etc etc.

Comment

low literacy = low paying job = government assistance to make ends meet. Also in areas of low literacy, drug use and crime is disproportionately higher.

Comment

As before, dumping money into the system doesn't work, so what is the solution?

Comment

As before, dumping money into the system doesn't work, so what is the solution?
                eliminate standardized testing. allow states to dictate. don't give entitlement benefits to highschool dropouts. allow local govt to stop teaching to the lowest common denominator and allow 'directional' schooling, IE you have a kid smart in math and science, indulge them in it and leave the fucking retards to learn how do manual labor.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                  eliminate standardized testing. allow states to dictate. don't give entitlement benefits to highschool dropouts. allow local govt to stop teaching to the lowest common denominator and allow 'directional' schooling, IE you have a kid smart in math and science, indulge them in it and leave the fucking retards to learn how do manual labor.
                  I'm good with that. No more federal department of education. I'm also for teaching those not 'getting it' a trade

Comment

I'm good with that. No more federal department of education. I'm also for teaching those not 'getting it' a trade
                    We've proven the current way wont work, but the memory of this country as a whole is unbelievably short.

Comment

Originally posted by Couver View Post
                      Interesting article and I read all 14 pages of comments. Funny how the ex californians that moved to Eugene and Portland bash them for wanting less tax and government. Texas even gets mentioned (in the comments) since we are all armed to the teeth down here.

Comments are comedy gold.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index..._county_l.html
                      Is it wrong to smile when what Texas is known best for is the fact that residents have more guns than we know what to do with?

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                        Is it wrong to smile when what Texas is known best for is the fact that residents have more guns than we know what to do with?
                        Nothing!! I still have most the guns I used to hunt with as a kid. I used to have my deer rifle in my truck so I could hunt after school. Then nobody gave it a thought. Today I would be arrested and have my life fucked no matter the intent. Then be nationwide on the net as the kid who brought a gun to school. Used to could we understood our actions and deeds and nobody gave a shit unless you fucked it away.... Now we need the nanny state and media to remind us how bad we are and keep us in fear so they get the ratings.

Growing up there most people from southern Oregon came from or their family did from OK,AR, or TX. It was not till the end of the 80's that the "smart" people from Communistfornia sold their shacks down there for a ton of money and moved north buying the cheap property up there.... Sad thing is they brought their hippie liberal douche attitudes with them fucking up the state where I grew up. They crept in changed the values and now it is Cali north... Then they wonder why it is fucked up now just like the place they left

Hmmmmmm
                        Last edited by Couver; 06-08-2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Couver View Post
                          Nothing!! I still have most the guns I used to hunt with as a kid. I used to have my deer rifle in my truck so I could hunt after school. Then nobody gave it a thought. Today I would be arrested and have my life fucked no matter the intent. Then be nationwide on the net as the kid who brought a gun to school. Used to could we understood our actions and deeds and nobody gave a shit unless you fucked it away.... Now we need the nanny state and media to remind us how bad we are and keep us in fear so they get the ratings.

Growing up there most people from southern Oregon came from or their family did from OK,AR, or TX. It was not till the end of the 80's that the "smart" people from Communistfornia sold their shacks down there for a ton of money and moved north buying the cheap property up there.... Sad thing is they brought their hippie liberal douche attitudes with them fucking up the state where I grew up. They crept in changed the values and now it is Cali north... Then they wonder why it is fucked up now just like the place they left

Hmmmmmm
                          What I often don't understand is why does that group have so much say? That's not the only state like that.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                            What I often don't understand is why does that group have so much say? That's not the only state like that.
                            Shear numbers of those fucktards. Coupled with the leftover hippies from the 60s the got the majority pretty quick. That plus an infusion of money to manipulate votes as well.

Comment

If your people don't want higher taxes, then you cut back to adjust accordingly. Cops shouldn't have APC's. Zero reason for that. Every tax dollar should be used wisely and if not spent, returned to the taxpayer and them alone. There's zero reason I, with one kid, should have to subsidize the guy down the road with 6 kids. That doesn't make good citizens, that makes more welfare recipients.
                              Completely agree . Just because you have more kids you should not be entitle to more . its like a vicious cycle

Comment

Working...
                              X