Chris Hayes: I'm 'Uncomfortable' Calling Fallen Military 'Heroes'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Hayes: I'm 'Uncomfortable' Calling Fallen Military 'Heroes'

CHRIS HAYES: Thinking today and observing Memorial Day, that'll be happening tomorrow. Just talked with Lt. Col. Steve Burke [sic, actually Beck], who was a casualty officer with the Marines and had to tell people [inaudible]. Um, I, I, ah, back sorry, um, I think it's interesting because I think it is very difficult to talk about the war dead and the fallen without invoking valor, without invoking the words "heroes." Um, and, ah, ah, why do I feel so comfortable [sic] about the word "hero"? I feel comfortable, ah, uncomfortable, about the word because it seems to me that it is so rhetorically proximate to justifications for more war. Um, and, I don't want to obviously desecrate or disrespect memory of anyone that's fallen, and obviously there are individual circumstances in which there is genuine, tremendous heroism: hail of gunfire, rescuing fellow soldiers and things like that. But it seems to me that we marshal this word in a way that is problematic. But maybe I'm wrong about that.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

That pseudo-intellectual piece of shit can suck on the loud end of an M2. He wouldn't know a hero if he was being dragged out of a burning vehicle by one.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Fuck that guy. Let that fool face a battlefield or a dark alley and see how bad he cries out for a "hero" to come to his aid.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Two words - "Fuck him".

That is all.
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
          That pseudo-intellectual piece of shit can suck on the loud end of an M2. He wouldn't know a hero if he was being dragged out of a burning vehicle by one.
          2004 Suzuki DL650
          1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Yeah, war is great.
            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
              Yeah, war is great.
              It really is. Problem is, you actually have to fight a war and be willing to do some pretty bad things and fight to win. Not to win hearts and minds. To win. We haven't fought a war since WW2. Everything else has been a political pony show
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                It really is. Problem is, you actually have to fight a war and be willing to do some pretty bad things and fight to win. Not to win hearts and minds. To win. We haven't fought a war since WW2. Everything else has been a political pony show
                War is not great, but I agree with the rest.
                ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

That shit might have flown in the one of the classrooms at his Liberal Arts college, but in the real world where not everyone is a self righteous ass clown it doesn't.

To all those who have served, thank you for doing so. If I see this dude walking down the street I will deck him just for you
                  Originally posted by lincolnboy
                  After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Thank God we have these New York liberals to question our stance on what it means to be a hero. I'd like to see him go up against the Japanese on a pacific island.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

some stupid ppl don't even learn when to STFU already!

God bless any one who's served!

Comment

He got exactly what he wanted..Attention!!! Do you really think he's sorry for what he said???
                        Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

A gallon of gas and a match...equals a true flaming liberal

Comment

Working...
                          X