Survivine the Economic Collapse - a book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survivine the Economic Collapse - a book

I think I have mentioned this before, but with everything going on I think it deserves it's own thread.

Here is the link to buy the book if you are interested; it is not available at your local barnes and nobles.
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/9870563457?tag=surviinargen-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativ eASIN=9870563457&adid=0YS947GSKAMG2T1ARMC6&"]http://www.amazon.com/dp/9870563457?tag=surviinargen-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativ eASIN=9870563457&adid=0YS947GSKAMG2T1ARMC6&[/ame]

Here is the description; I think this is on the back cover as well.
    My book is a Modern Survival Manual based on first hand experience of the 2001 Economic Collapse in Argentina. In it you will find a variety of subjects that I consider essential if a person wants to be prepared for tougher times: -How to prepare your family, yourself, your home and your vehicle -How to prepare your finances so that you don't suffer what millions in my country went through -How to prepare your supplies for food shortages and power failures -How to correctly fight with a chair, gun, knife, pen or choke with your bare hands if required -Most important, how to reach a good awareness level so that you can avoid having to do all that These are just a few examples of what you will find in this book. It's about Attitude, and being a more capable person and get the politically correct wimp out of your system completely.

Basically, this guy was living in Argentina during their collapse and he saw firsthand what works and what doesn't to survive day to day. Alot of stuff in this book is stuff you have already read elsewhere, but quite a bit of it was interesting. There were some good indicators listed that tell you how far into a collapse you are; some of them you know and others you may not think about, but a surprising number of them are present in the states already. Short book and a good read; his writing style isn't great but it is good to have information from someone that actually experienced a collapse instead of people throwing out info with no real world backing.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

The link doesn't seem to work. Is this it?

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/The-Modern-Survival-Manual-Surviving/dp/9870563457[/ame]
    Men have become the tools of their tools.
    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Link didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
        The link doesn't seem to work. Is this it?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Modern-Sur.../dp/9870563457
        thanks guys.

Comment

Yes that is the link; thanks. Not sure what happened to mine, it worked when I previewed my original post....

Comment

I'm curious how this relates to the US. When a small country fails there are other stable countries to place your assets. When THE country fails, all others attached are coming with it. This is where hard assets, a location in a small country and a bought police force comes in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              I'm curious how this relates to the US. When a small country fails there are other stable countries to place your assets. When THE country fails, all others attached are coming with it. This is where hard assets, a location in a small country and a bought police force comes in handy.
              He talks about several of those issues; how having cheap gold and silver jewelry for barter was an excellent tool during a particularly rough time; mind you he advises not to try to barter with actual coins as they draw more attention. He does mention that in his opinion the likelyhood of a total collapse into mad max is extremely unlikely; politicians have a habit of doing everything possible to keep that from happening, if for no other reason to save their own asses.

Comment

Dang i want to buy it for like 8 dollars lol im so poor right now haha

Comment

Def gonna keep a eye out for it. My goal in the next 5 years is to buy 100 acres in East Texas next to some sort of water source or stream since water is the main thing you need to survive off the land. But want to start preparring for the Economic fall of this country. Cause its coming. Its just a matter of how soon
                  GOD BLESS TEXAS
                  August Landscaping
                  214-779-7278
                  Seb's high class.
                  He'll mow your grass.
                  He'll kick your ass.
                  And while his kidney stones pass,
                  He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Seb, you need to just join our group. About 40 of us have a hell of a good thing set up.
                    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                      Seb, you need to just join our group. About 40 of us have a hell of a good thing set up.
                      In!
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

What is this "group" you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                          In!
                          You're the new CFO... lol

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                          What is this "group" you speak of?
                          About 40 people. We get together and play paintball, then bingo and bridge. Want in?
                          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

You're the new CFO... lol

About 40 people. We get together and play paintball, then bingo and bridge. Want in?
                            Sure. I like paintball. Let me know when to show up. Drop me a pm when you want.

Comment

We should pool our resources and buy Texas World Speedway. The oval presents a nice perimeter barrier with only 2 entrances through tunnels, has a tower with commanding view of the the surrounding area, runs off a well and could run off a genset fairly easily.

Just need about 6000 of you to give me $1000 memberships. Plenty of parking available and bring your RV's or tents....and of course, your Ammo!

Comment

Working...
                              X