Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a president

that has such great foreign policy experience is really working for us

The Islamic Republic of Iran said Tuesday that it has the ability to position a naval vessel within three miles of the East Coast of the United States.

“The power of our naval forces is such that we have a presence in all the waters of the world and, if needed, we can move to within three miles of New York,” Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi said Tuesday during a speech to the students of the University of Yazd in Iran. His remarks were quoted by an Iranian student news agency.

This naval saber rattling represents a stark escalation in Iran’s war rhetoric, as the West weighs the question of whether to impose new economic sanctions or directly attack the Islamic regime’s illicit nuclear facilities.

“The Americans’ only tool to rule the world is their naval dominance of the Persian Gulf,” Fadavi added, “and they will face any other power that threatens their status.”

The admiral was speaking on the anniversary of a failed April 24, 1980 U.S. military operation — dubbed “Operation Eagle Claw” — that sought to rescue American hostages held captive at the U.S. Embassy in Tehran.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

In September, Iranian Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi said Iran planned to deploy naval vessels in the Atlantic Ocean. “The Navy has a strong presence in the Caspian Sea, Persian Gulf, Sea of Oman, Indian Ocean and international waters and soon it will be present in the Atlantic Ocean,” Vahidi said.

On that same day, Rear Adm. Fadavi dismissed the idea of setting up a military hotline between U.S. and Iran. Media reports had quoted an unidentified U.S. defense official floating the idea after a series of close encounters between the countries’ forces in the Persian Gulf.

“When we go to the Gulf of Mexico,” Fadavi said, “we will establish direct communication with them.”

Comment

An operation ordered by another failed liberal POTUS, Jimmy Carter. For over a year, we were the laughing-stock of the entire world.

On another note, I doubt that the Iranians are slick enough (or smart enough) to park a sub three miles off of the New York coastline, or pull into Galveston bay.

Comment

As soon as they cross 12 nautical miles they may get a surprise.

Comment

I'm amazed by this "When we're in the Gulf of Mexico, then we'll talk?" And Obama is shutting down our military as much as he can

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
            As soon as they cross 12 nautical miles they may get a surprise.
            Yeah. They better hope they have a shit-load of live vests' on board.

Comment

lol @ those clowns. By all means, try it and see what happens.

Comment

What's the big deal? The Spanish did that like, 500 years ago.
                Men have become the tools of their tools.
                -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

What is the significance of the 12 nautical miles? Is this our "line in the sand"?
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                    What is the significance of the 12 nautical miles? Is this our "line in the sand"?

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                      Saw that. Also see that foreign vessels, both civilian and military, are allowed peaceful passage through that line.

Hence the question. Doesn't look like anything will come of it is my point, based at least on the verbiage I read.
                      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                        An operation ordered by another failed liberal POTUS, Jimmy Carter. For over a year, we were the laughing-stock of the entire world.

On another note, I doubt that the Iranians are slick enough (or smart enough) to park a sub three miles off of the New York coastline, or pull into Galveston bay.
                        they get that close to "my" Galvez, i'll swim out there with a knife in my teeth and sink the fucker myself.

god bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                          they get that close to "my" Galvez, i'll swim out there with a knife in my teeth and sink the fucker myself.

god bless.
                          I appreciate this awesomeness.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
                            Your tits would weight you down, might want to canoe the first few miles.

Comment

Working...
                            X