• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikec View Post
    Post the link bro...
    Same link, they updated it.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
      I've been thinking about that a lot lately. At what point will I decide to not recognize our laws and become an outlaw or whatever you want to call me?
      What i find strange about the situation is, so many of these "laws" are going to be very difficult if not impossible to enforce .

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
        In knowing you, I'm certain that there is sarcasm hidden in that statement, just can't find it yet...
        The statement itself is sarcasm.

Farmers will be forced to hire illegals if their kids can't help.

Comment

Seems the Obama Administration has dropped pursuing this...for now
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Yup.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - An Obama administration proposal to restrict child labor on farms has been withdrawn after criticism from agricultural groups.

The rules, which were supported by child labor advocates, would have banned children younger than 16 from using most power-driven farm equipment, including tractors, if they had not taken a training course.

The proposal also would have prevented those younger than 18 from working in feed lots, grain bins and stockyards.

The Labor Department said it had received thousands of comments about the rule and its effect on small family-owned farms.

"As a result, the Department of Labor is announcing today the withdrawal of the proposed rule dealing with children under the age of 16 who work in agricultural vocations," it said in a statement posted on its website on Thursday.

The departments of Labor and Agriculture will work with such organizations as the American Farm Bureau Federation and the 4-H farm youth group to develop programs to reduce accidents for young workers, it said.

Bob Stallman, president of the American Farm Bureau Federation, welcomed the move, calling it "the right decision for our nation's family-based agriculture system."

But Reid Maki, coordinator for the Child Labor Coalition, said the rules had been aimed at protecting children drawing wages and did not apply to children working on their parents' farms.

Farm work is the most dangerous sector for young workers and pulling the proposed rule could mean another 50 to 100 deaths over the next decade, he said.

"We think they (the rules) were really well designed and would have saved some lives," he said.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
              You’re missing the big picture. They want the farmers to not go along with this. Next you will have headlines that read “Feds seize farm because of child slave labor”.
              I did the same thing growing up myself.
              Feeding the cows, feeding the horse, feeding the chickens, buckin 75# - 100# hay bales all summer long, spliting fire wood and working on cars in my dads shop plus working for others for some extra money.
              This is exactly right. A violation would support the justification for confiscating the land. There will be a greater demand for ag land in the near future... you can bet on that!
              Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
              Denny, is that California or federal? I couldn't wait to get a job as soon as I turned 16. Damn, this is going to be a useless generation of kids.

What's going to happen to the under 18's who have jobs?!
              The push will try for Federal, as the Department of Labor will be the enforcing authority. As for people working under 18 at the time if/when it is passed, I think they would have to have some grandfathered clause in it for them.
              Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              Seems the Obama Administration has dropped pursuing this...for now
              Yep. Just waiting until after the election to put all their bullshit back into play.

Comment

Oh, that's ok, I could the gov suits on the property. I ain't no one gonna tell my kids not to learn hard fruitful work.

Comment

Thought..... Obama must his daughters to get their hands dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by Quake5.0 View Post
                    Oh, that's ok, I could the gov suits on the property. I ain't no one gonna tell my kids not to learn hard fruitful work.
                    What?
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Quake5.0 View Post
                      Thought..... Obama must his daughters to get their hands dirty.
                      what?
                      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Working...
                      X