Labor Dept. to ban farming chores for kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labor Dept. to ban farming chores for kids

Rural kids, parents angry about Labor Dept. rule banning farm chores | Rules would ban farm kids from working on ladders, using battery-operated screwdrivers, handling livestock

Lmao, seriously?

Comment

That is rediculous. I did my chores, and had to get up early to feed and water, tromp through mud, rain, heat, whatever, because it had to be done. As an adult, that type of responsibility is part of what makes me who I am.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Let's regulate everything. Like anyone on a farm would pay attention to this horseshit.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Read the article, watch the video. It even says that kids would be prohibited from using a freaking drill.

This is bullshit, and just one more example of the government doing everything they can to piss us off. I shared it on FB and within 10 minutes four more people had shared it off of me! This is going to stir up a lot of folks...
          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            That is rediculous. I did my chores, and had to get up early to feed and water, tromp through mud, rain, heat, whatever, because it had to be done. As an adult, that type of responsibility is part of what makes me who I am.
            Exactly !

This country is sooooooo fucked. Makes me sick.
            Vortex rear stand $75
            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
            11 4 door
            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

im going to take pictures of my kids shoveling horse shit, feeding them, etc. Then im going to send them in A letter to the labor dept and tell them to go fuck themselves.

I swear that our govt wants us to twist off an kill all of them motherfuckers. There can be no other logical reason for it.

As if our counrty isnt turning into soft little robots that cant think for themselves, now they want to destroy the generations of farmers that actually grow and raise our food. Then we'll grow even more dependent on our govt and other countries for our food.

Once again, obummy, fuck u and your administration. I hope all of you cocksuckers choke to death on each others cumwads. If they are wanting war, they are getting closer every day.
              Last edited by line-em-up; 04-25-2012, 08:02 PM.

Comment

I was sitting on my front porch last night with a whiskey enjoying the day... thinking how lucky I am... machines or money to do everything I "need" done. Never hungry... The only "problems" I have are definitely 1st world.

And it struck me. The romans felt the same way. I realize our society is fucked, but when you consider how advanced they were back then and realize that ten THOUSAND years of the "dark ages" followed?

I'm a bit of a bhuddist... I just hope I'm doing enough to positively influence people/society so that I don't have to come back to this shit hole! LOl
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  I was sitting on my front porch last night with a whiskey enjoying the day... thinking how lucky I am... machines or money to do everything I "need" done. Never hungry... The only "problems" I have are definitely 1st world.

And it struck me. The romans felt the same way. I realize our society is fucked, but when you consider how advanced they were back then and realize that ten THOUSAND years of the "dark ages" followed?

I'm a bit of a bhuddist... I just hope I'm doing enough to positively influence people/society so that I don't have to come back to this shit hole! LOl
                  I didn't know there were Romans in 9500+/- BCE...

Comment

I think they passed something like this in Nebraska.

Before i moved to texas in 91 when i was 9 i was already running the tractor and putting up hay. I think the way the nebraska law read they had to be 16 or maybe even 18 before they could operate any of the machinery.

Buncha bs. As im taking over the family farm and do all of the work myself, some of the bigger guys would never make it if they didnt have the 5 kids they have.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                      I didn't know there were Romans in 9500+/- BCE...
                      The ten thousand year one is the little known period of the really really really really really aphotic ages.
                      Last edited by slow99; 04-25-2012, 09:50 PM.
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        The ten thousand year one is the little known period of the really really really really really aphotic ages.
                        ooooo Props on word selection.

Comment

I'm in a Dept. of Labor/OSHA mandated class this week in Cali. in order to work on Federal projects. The instructor said today that by November 14th 2014, anyone in the workforce will have to be 18 or older. Period.

They are just working on the fine-tuning in the paperwork right now, but it has strong support on BOTH sides. Basically, no one will be allowed to give notice of consent for a child to subject them to workplace hazards of any kind. All the way down to your grocery sacker and high school student helping out in the family store after work. California will no longer have co-op programs for high school starting next Fall.

Get ready for a shit-ton of new and updated regulations from now until 2014. Some are already in effect and enforceable. It's my job to stay up on these and there is a lot that I was unaware of.

Comment

That'll help us. Make the next generation lazy, reliant, and regulate the fuck out of everything.
                            Any kid who grew up on a farm and worked knew how to drive all of the machinery by 7-8 and how to perform most, if not all, of the chores...that's not gonna change for the actual farmers haha
                            Originally posted by Buzzo
                            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

This is really sad. For those of us who were high energy, doing work from little on up helped. When a kid turns 16, work and driving go hand in hand.

As a 16 y/o kid I learned a lot by having to pay for insurance/other stuff while working, going to school and doing what 16 y/o kids do. You take that away, hell...I don't even know how to handle that as a parent. That was always pretty cut and dry. "You want a car at 16? Save for it and when you're 16 you will get and maintain a job."

No work permits or anything huh? Even though I still don't support it, I could see big brother regulating it down to 20 hours a week or something. However, to totally ban it is just not right.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X