Natural Born Citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Born Citizen

I was reading a debate on another site about the true definition of a natural born citizen.
    Some say that if you are born in the US you are, and others say you need to have parents that are citizens before you can be considered a natural born citizen. So what is it? You have stories of people coming here on birthing vacations to have babies so they will have a US birth certificate and the so called anchor babies for the people who are here illegally. Are those babies natural born?

Yes, until someone with a brain finally decides that enough is enough.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Yep!!! Any child born in the USA is a citizen, even if the parents are not...

Interesting comment about " until someone with a brain".. Tell me what race/nationality is native born in this country other than the native indians??? our forefathers were all on a boat coming in.
      Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post

Interesting comment about " until someone with a brain".. Tell me what race/nationality is native born in this country other than the native indians??? our forefathers were all on a boat coming in.
        You lack any sort of logic. This is 2012, we no longer have open ports for people to settle in this country. I am with the many congressmen that say natural born should mean at least one parent is a U.S. citizen. People are taking advantage of what was put into place for slaves, not anchor babies. I hope soon they repeal it and leave the anchor babies in the dust.

Comment

If you're born here, to parents who are born here, you're natural born. It's actually pretty simple.

The Naturalization Act of 1790 stated that "the children of citizens of the United States that may be born beyond sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born citizens". (Act to establish a uniform Rule of Naturalization, 1st Congress, 2nd session, March 26, 1790, 1 Stat.L. 103 at 104, 2 Laws of the U.S., ed. Bioren & Duane (1815) 82 at 83.) This act was superseded by the Naturalization Act of 1795, which did not mention the phrase "natural born citizen".
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
            You lack any sort of logic. This is 2012, we no longer have open ports for people to settle in this country. I am with the many congressmen that say natural born should mean at least one parent is a U.S. citizen. People are taking advantage of what was put into place for slaves, not anchor babies. I hope soon they repeal it and leave the anchor babies in the dust.
            I fully agree.

Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

The term "anchor baby" comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                .. I asked a simple question. No hidden agenda, no black helicopters, just a simple question..
                No logic??? what does that mean??? Open ports??? better read up on some History and Government.. People taking advantage?? surely you jest!!
                Now, if you would like my opinion, just ask...
                Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

.. I asked a simple question. No hidden agenda, no black helicopters, just a simple question..
                  No logic??? what does that mean??? Open ports??? better read up on some History and Government.. People taking advantage?? surely you jest!!
                  Why do we always stop with Native Americans? Is it possible some native americans took over land occupied by other native americans or indigenous peoples? And why can't we apply the same logic globally? We all originated from Mesopotamia and there have been may wars over land since that time. Should we go back to the beginning of time and and repatriate every ancient civilization to their original homeland?

Comment

What the hell are you talking about?

Comment

Currently, any race that is born in this country is a natural born citizen.

If you meant continent, then there could be many different species and races to be considered native born.

However, the law of this country is what we're discussing. We have come to a point where we need to establish undeniable boundaries of who can be a natural born citizen of The United States of America. We also need to set expectations of what we expect out of foreigners who want to become citizens. I happen to like most of what Mexico has written as such.

Comment

The Naturalization Act of 1790 was pretty clear. And that's the same group of people who were around to write the Constitution
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Native "indians" weren't native either. They migrated from Asia
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                          X