Pelosi to amend the Constituton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelosi to amend the Constituton

She really thinks she's going to get the votes to amend the Constitution to limit speech?

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, with the support of other congressional Democrats, wants to rewrite the First Amendment and limit free speech when it comes to certain political speech, reports CNS News.

On Thursday, Pelosi “endorsed a movement announced by other congressional Democrats on Wednesday to ratify an amendment to the U.S. Constitution that would allow Congress to regulate political speech when it is engaged in by corporation as opposed to individuals,” CNS News reports.

The amendment that Pelosi and other congressional Democrats endorsed would reverse the Supreme Court’s 2010 decision in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission that ruled the First Amendment protects a corporation’s rights to free speech — including its right to speak about politicians and their records — in the same way that individuals do.

But Pelosi and other Democrats take issue with the ruling, and want increased disclosure requirements for corporations running political ads.

“We have a clear agenda in this regard: Disclose, reform the system reducing the role of money in campaigns, and amend the Constitution to rid it of this ability for special interests to use secret, unlimited, huge amounts of money flowing to campaigns,” she said Thursday.

Pelosi told a Democratic forum held Wednesday that the Supreme Court had “unleashed a predator that was oozing slime into the political system.”
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Doesn't that dumb cunt know that's what the first amendment is meant to protect?!
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
      Doesn't that dumb cunt know that's what the first amendment is meant to protect?!
      Nope. She's a pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        Nope. She's a pig.
        Yes, her ability to speak without worrying about anyone saying anything she doesn't like

Comment

I am completely against any amendment. Once you get enough people that are in favor of an amendment, they'll slip something else in. Fuck that.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

“unleashed a predator that was oozing slime into the political system.”
            I wonder if she's realized that she just described herself?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
            .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              I am completely against any amendment. Once you get enough people that are in favor of an amendment, they'll slip something else in. Fuck that.
              If they call an article 5 convention (they won't) we can amend it however we want. That means putting in a federal law to ban gay marriage, banning welfare, requiring gun ownership by law........

Pelosi REALLY doesn't want to try this.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
                I wonder if she's realized that she just described herself?

Exactly what I was thinking.
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Well Romney says corporations are people so if you can ban the free speech of a corporation then you can ban the free speech of people. Yeah i know it sounds like a crazy stretch but I wouldn't put it past anyone on the left or right to try and work it to there advantage.

Comment

The solution - get rid of every existing politician, to send a clear message that we have had enough. That cunt would be one of 2 people running for first place.

I freaking hate politicians.
                    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                    86 SVO - Sold
                    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                      The solution - get rid of every existing politician, to send a clear message that we have had enough. That cunt would be one of 2 people running for first place.

I freaking hate politicians.
                      I second this idea.

.223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post

Never really thought about it in those terms, but I agree. I don't see a single thing that would be worthy of amending the Constitution for. If anything, I'd rather see states have more power and the government weakened.

Comment

Stupid bitch.
                          2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                          2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                          2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            Never really thought about it in those terms, but I agree. I don't see a single thing that would be worthy of amending the Constitution for. If anything, I'd rather see states have more power and the government weakened.
                            We already have that. 10th amendment, but you see how well they obey that

Comment

Working...
                            X