X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occupier who was hit with tear gas

was actually hit with a beanbag

Pussy

OAKLAND, Calif. — A Marine Corps veteran whose skull was fractured during an Occupy Oakland protest was struck by a police beanbag round, not a tear gas canister.

Scott Olsen's lawyer told the San Francisco Chronicle on Wednesday that the Oakland Police Department confirmed Olsen was struck by a beanbag round fired less than 30 feet away during the October clash outside Oakland City Hall.

Attorney Mark Martel, who is preparing to file a claim against the Police Department, says bean bag rounds are meant to hit people, indicating the officer intentionally aimed at Olsen's head.

Police spokeswoman Officer Johnna Watson has refused to identify the officer.

The Police Department and the private Frazier Group are investigating the response to the anti-Wall Street protests.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

He's a pussy for getting his skull fractured?
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

No, the bleeding hearts out there were screaming "It was a tear gas cannister fired at him! Quick! Get a lawsuit"

He was fucking around and was popped with a beanbag gun. Police used less than lethal weapons and more than likely was aiming center mass but jerked when they fired. Happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        No, the bleeding hearts out there were screaming "It was a tear gas cannister fired at him! Quick! Get a lawsuit"

He was fucking around and was popped with a beanbag gun. Police used less than lethal weapons and more than likely was aiming center mass but jerked when they fired. Happens.
        Ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
          Ok.
          Let me clarify Yale. He chose to engage police, chose to be part of Occupy and then cried when he got popped.

Sorry about that

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            Let me clarify Yale. He chose to engage police, chose to be part of Occupy and then cried when he got popped.

Sorry about that
            Fair enough.

Comment

A non-lethal device is not meant to be fired at the skull, and I thought they tossed the gas canister in the crowd of people that came to help him. It's still fucked up, but hey it will be illegal to protest soon, and those bean bags will be grenade rounds. Power to the police state I guess.

Eh, it was OWS and they were being dispersed, but that head shot to uniformed vet was personal, and uncalled for. If he was aiming center mass at <30 feet with a shotgun and hit skull, he needs the wooden gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                A non-lethal device is not meant to be fired at the skull, and I thought they tossed the gas canister in the crowd of people that came to help him. It's still fucked up, but hey it will be illegal to protest soon, and those bean bags will be grenade rounds. Power to the police state I guess.

Eh, it was OWS and they were being dispersed, but that head shot to uniformed vet was personal, and uncalled for. If he was aiming center mass at <30 feet with a shotgun and hit skull, he needs the wooden gun.
                So you're able to determine the mental process of the officer who fired the round? Based on what?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post

He was uniformed? I haven't read that anywhere. Also, why would police shoot someone just because they are a vet, when most police are vets as well.

Ever fired a bean bag? They are unaccurate as shit as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                    He was uniformed? I haven't read that anywhere. Also, why would police shoot someone just because they are a vet, when most police are vets as well.

Ever fired a bean bag? They are unaccurate as shit as far as I'm concerned.
                    Exactly. Beanbags have the ballistics of ...well, a beanbag

Comment

Sorry, I thought he was in fatigues, standing with a flag right at the riot fence. People came to help, donut boy tosses a cannister right in the middle. Must have been a different incident, that article is pretty vague.

Either way, if the bean bag is so inaccurate, then maybe they should just throw them? Lol.
                      Last edited by Baba Ganoush; 03-17-2012, 01:04 AM.

Comment

He was wearing baggy jeans, a black T-shirt with a desert camo jacket, backpack and a camo hat. The vid from right before he got hit has the police making the announcements that they are about to start using a chemical agent. There was a member of the Navy(in uniform) standing next to him briefly and had moved closer to the police barricade at the time of the shot to Olsen.
                        This footage is proof that Scott Olsen was shot in the face by police without provocation during the Occupy Oakland march on Tuesday October 25.The moment le...

Hell, they'll probably award him something since they were announcing a chemical agent and then used a physical deterrent.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                          He was wearing baggy jeans, a black T-shirt with a desert camo jacket, backpack and a camo hat. The vid from right before he got hit has the police making the announcements that they are about to start using a chemical agent. There was a member of the Navy(in uniform) standing next to him briefly and had moved closer to the police barricade at the time of the shot to Olsen.
                          This footage is proof that Scott Olsen was shot in the face by police without provocation during the Occupy Oakland march on Tuesday October 25.The moment le...

Hell, they'll probably award him something since they were announcing a chemical agent and then used a physical deterrent.
                          Thanks man! Well my memory sucks, and the factual details around this incident do as well. Bad behavior on both sides. That movement was a clusterfuck of undesirables, and the cops pulled some dickheadishness as well, but it is Oakland so what do you expect?

Comment

Fuck california

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by joes01bullitt View Post
                              Detonate california

/thread
                              Fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X