Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama Administration Blocks Law Requiring Texas Residents to Show Photo ID Before Vot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    No you don't. 49.5% of working Americans pay zero. That's enough to buy you an election
    I wouldn't say working Americans. Almost every non-working American is included in that 49.5%.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
      I wouldn't say working Americans. Almost every non-working American is included in that 49.5%.
      From what I remember from the IRS website, that is the number of people who file tax returns who either get it all back or get it all back plus some or come in below the contribute line. That's not counting illegals or those working under the table.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

From what I remember from the IRS website, that is the number of people who file tax returns who either get it all back or get it all back plus some or come in below the contribute line. That's not counting illegals or those working under the table.
        it includes those collecting unemployment who file

Comment

right, and all of your non-workers and going to be below that line, so a large percentage of that 49.5% is going to be people on SSI, unemployment, no income, etc.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by goofygrin View Post
            This law is unconstitutional anyway... remember the "show property ownership to vote" from your history class... same idea here.
            What property? Heck, the law even allows people to get FREE IDs if they "can't" afford it. Who doesn't have a drivers license anyway?
            Originally posted by goofygrin View Post
            You think that there's voter fraud here? You've obviously not seen real voter fraud.
            There's voter fraud in every state.

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
            That's horse shit. Hell I had to show ID to take a fucking test in college. This is just because these illegals are Obama voters. Fuck this corrupt administration.
            Don't forget dead people who vote...
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Considering you need ID to do pretty much anything (drive, drink, smoke, turn on lights/water, rent and so forth) and Texas ID is free then it's not an issue. You should have to provide proof of who you are and where you live to vote. It's very constitutional
              Not free:

"Pay the ID card application fee, currently $15.00, for those under age 60 and $5.00 for those above 60, Confirm the exact fee with your local Driver License Office."

Do you want to apply for an ID card in Texas? Discover the fees and requirements for obtaining a state ID in TX in order to apply today.

I do agree with requiring an ID to vote - it's stupid to think NOT requiring one will work - there is no accountability at all. The dems love it because they can have dead people vote and have people vote multiple times, which is why obama squashed the law.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                Why are you attempting to bring race into this discussion?

Stevo
                Because that is what the dems in Texas made it into! There was an article in the DMN today. They said there were X number of counties in TX with no TXDot office and people would have to drive over 100 miles round trip to get a DL. How in the hell can they drive to get it in the first place then? It was a ridiculous argument for not wanting the law passed.

Plus in this law you could show DL, ID card, CHL, Passport, and I think a couple of other Id's. If they can't go get a DL go to the post office and get a passport.
                92 LX 5.0

Comment

Working...
                X