X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama can't leave the miltary alone

Plan Would Hike TRICARE Fees for Many

Week of February 20, 2012

The White House's proposed defense budget will result in significant fee hikes for nearly every segment of the military population, including retirees of all ages, drilling Guard and Reserve members, and military family members. The proposed TRICARE changes include increasing the TRICARE Prime annual enrollment to as much as $2,048 within five years, a new $140 a year enrollment fee and increased deductibles for all TRICARE Standard and Extra users, a new TRICARE For Life (TFL) enrollment fee of as much as $475 per year within 5 years, and plans to double some TRICARE Pharmacy co-pays for retail and mail-order brand-name medications.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

They have to do something to give all of the illegals and their little cockroaches free health care.

Comment

Not to defend the increase, but the military isn't the only group with rising insurance costs. My premiums, co-pays, and deductibles have skyrocketed in the last 2 years. The problem here isn't just with rising military insurance costs...

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
        Not to defend the increase, but the military isn't the only group with rising insurance costs. My premiums, co-pays, and deductibles have skyrocketed in the last 2 years. The problem here isn't just with rising military insurance costs...
        This. It isn't isolated to the military. This is a reflection of the private sector.

Comment

You're right but our health care is supposed to be one of those things that were promised to us for life. And with Obamacare, weren't the prices supposed to go down? If they can't keep their promise to us, does anyone (Avery's Dad) really think that the government can provide health care to anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            You're right but our health care is supposed to be one of those things that were promised to us for life. And with Obamacare, weren't the prices supposed to go down? If they can't keep their promise to us, does anyone (Avery's Dad) really think that the government can provide health care to anyone?
            I don't think Obamacare ever promised a reduction in healthcare costs, at least not from what I read, for those that had insurance. I believe the concept was to make insurance affordable for those that did not have/could not afford. You know how that works -- if A can pay for it and B can't yet everyone has to have it, then A is going to pay more to supplement the lower cost for B. It's simple math.

Edit: Oh, and you'll still have health care, just at a higher cost. My company has always had an extremely generous health care plan. It was a perk of working here and also the reason I and other stayed on instead of leaving for more money elsewhere. Now that is changing (but I'm not leaving!).

Comment

I understand your thought process on this, especially the promise for life. But, things have changed so drastically. Nothing is ever going to be what it once was and almost all promises from the past will be broken. This is a whole other country from when those promises were made.

Look at Greece. They promised all kinds of freebies to their citizens, and look what is going down. We as a country would be fools to keep on going down the same path we are going down and expect everything to just work out ok. We have to make changes to preserve our country. Granted the changes are hard to swallow, but I would rather see some changes that I can deal with, than our country in chaos like Greece.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                I understand your thought process on this, especially the promise for life. But, things have changed so drastically. Nothing is ever going to be what it once was and almost all promises from the past will be broken. This is a whole other country from when those promises were made.

Look at Greece. They promised all kinds of freebies to their citizens, and look what is going down. We as a country would be fools to keep on going down the same path we are going down and expect everything to just work out ok. We have to make changes to preserve our country. Granted the changes are hard to swallow, but I would rather see some changes that I can deal with, than our country in chaos like Greece.
                Very true. It pisses me off that welfare queens get all this handed to them, illegals get free care but vets? We have to pony up

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post

Well Said! Greece is a mess right now
                  GOD BLESS TEXAS
                  August Landscaping
                  214-779-7278
                  Seb's high class.
                  He'll mow your grass.
                  He'll kick your ass.
                  And while his kidney stones pass,
                  He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I don't think Obamacare ever promised a reduction in healthcare costs, at least not from what I read, for those that had insurance. I believe the concept was to make insurance affordable for those that did not have/could not afford. You know how that works -- if A can pay for it and B can't yet everyone has to have it, then A is going to pay more to supplement the lower cost for B. It's simple math.

Edit: Oh, and you'll still have health care, just at a higher cost. My company has always had an extremely generous health care plan. It was a perk of working here and also the reason I and other stayed on instead of leaving for more money elsewhere. Now that is changing (but I'm not leaving!).
                    According to Obamacare, it was supposed to bend the 'cost curve' and make health care more affordable. Instead it's jumping like crazy.

Comment

Very true. It pisses me off that welfare queens get all this handed to them, illegals get free care but vets? We have to pony up
                      This is where I am with Ron Paul. We have to fix ourselves before we even think about policing the world. I am not sure if that is exactly what he says, but that is what I get when he speaks.

Comment

According to Obamacare, it was supposed to bend the 'cost curve' and make health care more affordable. Instead it's jumping like crazy.
                        Change your viewpoint. It is more affordable -- for those that didn't have it because they were unemployed, worked for crap companies, or worked for minimum wage. As I said before though, that's coming at a price to the rest of us. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction...

Comment

I have never had health care. I will not likely have health care anytime soon. All of these new regs and laws have done nothing to help provide it. It is drastically more affordable to not have health care and pay a hundred bucks for a doctor visit and pay $20 a year to walgreens for cheaper pills when needed.

I think the bigger issue is the abuse that people do. I know people with no health problems that are seeing doctors weekly just to make sure they aren't sick. If that crap would stop, then maybe I could afford to have insurance for an emergency situation.

I don't see how people can afford to spend $1500-2000 a year just for coverage that they will rarely use.

Comment

Originally posted by Venix View Post
                            I don't see how people can afford to spend $1500-2000 a year just for coverage that they will rarely use.
                            try 6k a year out of my paycheck per year, then the out of pocket costs for doctor visits and medicine.

Comment

$1500-2000 a year and that's per person. Try more than tripling that number for a family with coverage through a benefit program with a major corporation. And then another $1000-1500 flexible spending account tab that is used for the deductibles and prescriptions. Healthcare will likely be the single most expensive item people of my age (35-40) will have to pay for when they hit their retirement age. And the federal government getting even more involved is not the answer, it is one of the major problems. They should provide top notch care for the military and that is it. Now wonder the costs have gone through the roof. "Need a CT scan? Why not get three, fuck it." That's the general thought process when uncle Sam is picking up the tab. Just about everything they touch goes to shit. You would think most folks would realize that by now...

Comment

Working...
                              X