Something new in Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something new in Washington

Just saw this today and thought it was interesting. Freedom from Religion has a nice ring to it sometimes.

sigpic
    Old Fords Rule

It will be interesting to "see" and put a head count on just how many lost souls will show up. It truly is sad to see just how many have been decieved and blindsided. Religion was invented to have us destroy ourselves.
    ./ ____ _ _\.
    (]]]_ o _[[[)
    \o_FORD_o/
    |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

The first leaders of organized religion were the original con men. The Catholic Church got into it only for the money. Then power.
      sigpic
      Old Fords Rule

Comment

Figures that Dawkins would be there....

He's a narcissistic a-hole that loves attention.

Comment

Personally, I don't think religion whether for or against it should have any place in government. Atheism is a religion and it's figure-heads are just as ridiculous as the more conventional religions.
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
            Personally, I don't think religion whether for or against it should have any place in government. Atheism is a religion and it's figure-heads are just as ridiculous as the more conventional religions.
            Sure, atheism is a religion just like bald is a hair style.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              Sure, atheism is a religion just like bald is a hair style.
              Athiest don't preach? The vast majority of Atheists are that way from what they've read on the internet. They believe that there is NO god. There's so much room between a conventional god and no god.

Comment

Athiest don't preach? The vast majority of Atheists are that way from what they've read on the internet. They believe that there is NO god. There's so much room between a conventional god and no god.
                Your blanket statements amuse me. You do realize there's a difference in believing there's no god, and simply not believing in a god, right?

I am curious, what exactly do atheists "preach?"

Comment

Your blanket statements amuse me. You do realize there's a difference in believing there's no god, and simply not believing in a god, right?

I am curious, what exactly do atheists "preach?"
                  Are you serious? Atheists preach that there is NO god. There is no give, no room for argument, nothing. Atheism is by definition "A belief that there is no god." If that's not a religion...I don't know what is.

My "blanket" statement? A word used by people that want to feel like a "victim."

Comment

Are you serious? Atheists preach that there is NO god. There is no give, no room for argument, nothing. Atheism is by definition "A belief that there is no god." If that's not a religion...I don't know what is.

My "blanket" statement? A word used by people that want to feel like a "victim."
                    Look, more blanket statements! Victim? I lol'd. You really don't think about the things you say, do you? I'll show you that you don't. Your definition of atheism is wrong. If you're going to quote a definition, do it right. Take this for instance:

atheism

athe·ism
                    noun \ˈā-thē-ˌi-zəm\
                    Definition of ATHEISM
                    archaic : ungodliness, wickedness
                    a : a disbelief in the existence of deity
                    b : the doctrine that there is no deity
                    See atheism defined for kids »

a lack of belief or a strong disbelief in the existence of a god or any gods; a philosophical or religious position characterized by disbelief in the existence of a god or any gods; godlessness especially in conduct : ungodliness, wickedness… See the full definition

Again I ask. You do realize there's a difference in believing there's no god, and not believing in a god, right?

Comment

Look, more blanket statements! Victim? I lol'd. You really don't think about the things you say, do you? I'll show you that you don't. Your definition of atheism is wrong. If you're going to quote a definition, do it right. Take this for instance:

atheism

athe·ism
                      noun \ˈā-thē-ˌi-zəm\
                      Definition of ATHEISM
                      archaic : ungodliness, wickedness
                      a : a disbelief in the existence of deity
                      b : the doctrine that there is no deity
                      See atheism defined for kids »

a lack of belief or a strong disbelief in the existence of a god or any gods; a philosophical or religious position characterized by disbelief in the existence of a god or any gods; godlessness especially in conduct : ungodliness, wickedness… See the full definition

Again I ask. You do realize there's a difference in believing there's no god, and not believing in a god, right?
                      Good job posting a definition that I just stated. If you believe that you didn't just do that...good for you. I can't imagine what world you live in if you think what I said is different from the copy/paste shit you just posted. I think that you're just looking for an argument.

Comment

Good job posting a definition that I just stated. If you believe that you didn't just do that...good for you. I can't imagine what world you live in if you think what I said is different from the copy/paste shit you just posted. I think that you're just looking for an argument.
                        I know what you meant to say, but what you meant to say and what you actually said were two different things. Atheism by definition is not a religion. Do I need to post that one for you as well? If I was looking for an argument, there are others to choose from that I argue frequently going on in other threads right now and they offer a much larger entertainment value than dealing with people such as yourself who appear to be unable to grasp certain concepts.

Are you going to answer my question now, or are you going to keep avoiding it?

Comment

"Again I ask. You do realize there's a difference in believing there's no god, and not believing in a god, right?"

There is literally no difference. If there is, please enlighten me.

So...you should probably stop trying to make yourself feel smart.

"There is a difference between not believing in rocks and saying that rocks don't exist."

You are seriously fucked in the head.

Comment

"Again I ask. You do realize there's a difference in believing there's no god, and not believing in a god, right?"

There is literally no difference. If there is, please enlighten me.

So...you should probably stop trying to make yourself feel smart.

"There is a difference between not believing in rocks and saying that rocks don't exist."

You are seriously fucked in the head.
                            There is a difference, you just don't see it. Allow me to educate you.

Believing there is no god is an active belief, much like theists who believe there is a god. Both have no evidence that backs up their belief structure, they base their beliefs on faith, the antithesis of knowledge. Not believing in a god is having no active beliefs, similar to how most people view fairies. Is it possible both fairies and god exist? Yes. Likely? Hardly. There is not enough evidence to come to a conclusion either way at this point and maintain any sort of intellectual honesty.

It baffles me that I'm the one fucked in the head, yet you are unable to differentiate two thought processes. Whatever helps you sleep at night man.

Comment

There is a difference, you just don't see it. Allow me to educate you.

Believing there is no god is an active belief, much like theists who believe there is a god. Both have no evidence that backs up their belief structure, they base their beliefs on faith, the antithesis of knowledge. Not believing in a god is having no active beliefs, similar to how most people view fairies. Is it possible both fairies and god exist? Yes. Likely? Hardly. There is not enough evidence to come to a conclusion either way at this point and maintain any sort of intellectual honesty.

It baffles me that I'm the one fucked in the head, yet you are unable to differentiate two thought processes. Whatever helps you sleep at night man.
                              It baffles me that you think that anything that you have posted contradicts what I have. Just go back over the posts. It took you a while to post that. Why? Probably because you didn't want to look like an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                              X