Balls of cut granite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balls of cut granite

Gov. Jan Brewer has signed a bill creating a state militia that she could deploy at any time, and for any reason.

The bill, SB1495, creates a volunteer state militia, separate and apart from the National Guard.

Rep. Jack Harper, R-Surprise, who sponsored a near identical House bill, said this type of legislation couldn’t have come at a better time.

Harper, who has previously said the governor would not be required to establish a state militia and who called the new state guard a “safety net” for the governor, said he thinks Gov. Brewer should call a militia to action right away.

“I’m very excited that she signed it, of course,” he said. “With the national funding for the National Guard on the border expiring in June, I would like to see the governor sign an executive order that immediately establishes the guard.”

Harper said he consulted several times with Maj. Gen. Hugo Salazar, the Arizona National Guard’s adjutant general, about how he would be able to utilize a volunteer militia if it were to be established and deployed to the U.S.-Mexico border. He called those conversations encouraging.

The new state militia does not have a command structure defined, and Harper said the governor could put anyone in charge of the group.

“That’s not spelled out in the legislation,” Harper said.

Aside from potentially being deployed to the border, Harper said the new state guard could be used in the case of nuclear, biological or chemical attacks, or if there were a radiological leak at a nuclear power plant.

“Decontamination is vital in that scenario,” Harper said. “And the volunteer force could augment first responders in that case.”
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

When you consider how often Arizona bucks the system and the powers that be, I'm beginning to think Arizona kicks more ass than we do...
    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
      When you consider how often Arizona bucks the system and the powers that be, I'm beginning to think Arizona kicks more ass than we do...
      Currently by far. Constitutional carry, calling up the militia to protect their border, 1070, Sheriff Joe..
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Days like this I regret ever leaving that state....
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

AZ definitely has swag!

I loved Phoenix when I was out there
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

The Phoenix metro area is pretty nice in my book. If I were to consider moving out of TX... that would be on the list of probables.

Comment

We have a plant in Tempe. I should put in for a transfer.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                We have a plant in Tempe. I should put in for a transfer.
                Stop hopskotching around, you gypsy.

Comment

I love AZ. I would move there in a heart beat but my options are Louisiana or Wisconsin. I'm screwed no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by turboford View Post
                    I love AZ. I would move there in a heart beat but my options are Louisiana or Wisconsin. I'm screwed no matter what.
                    Just think, if you choose Wisconsin you're a hop skip and a jump away from our POTUS' homeland!

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                      Sadly, I agree. While I am a proud, native-born, life-long Texan, I must give Arizona credit. They (and Brewer) are going after Barry with both barrel's on about every issue. I loved it when he got off the plane there and she was wagging her finger at him.

There's a bit of the "old west" that's still alive in Arizona.

Comment

Wonder what laws and protections (etc...details) the militia would have. Some people don't work, but a lot of people do and those people would need protection against job loss...etc...etc
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

That chick has titanium ovaries.

Phoenix is the center of the universe for the industry that I work in and stuff like this makes me want to move there.

When is TX going to step up?
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                            That chick has titanium ovaries.

Phoenix is the center of the universe for the industry that I work in and stuff like this makes me want to move there.

When is TX going to step up?
                            When Rick Perry grows a pair.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                              When Rick Perry grows a pair.
                              Which will never happen.

<---Also a life long, third generation, proud Texan.
                              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Working...
                              X