Got bored again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got bored again

I went and reread Obamacare, the Senate version. If you've never done it, you really should. It begins like this: "Resolved, That the bill from the House of Representatives
    (H.R. 3590) entitled ‘‘An Act to amend the Internal
    Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the first-time homebuyers
    credit in the case of members of the Armed Forces and certain
    other Federal employees, and for other purposes.’’, do
    pass with the following"

Which means they gutted a bill helping vets get into homes for Obamacare. They had to take an existing bill and strip everything out and fill it with that POS because otherwise they'd have had to go the legal way around. Interesting isn't it?

I hate being bored
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Question. Is the va hospital for military ONLY, or all government employees including the dumbshits that work at say... the DMV. Or the SS office.

Another question. When your on active duty, is the medical care that you get any better than the standard va hospital? Do the guys that (were) in Iraq get better care there, on base, than they would when they get home and have to go to some kind of VA hospital?

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyJustinTaliwhacker95 View Post
      Question. Is the va hospital for military ONLY, or all government employees including the dumbshits that work at say... the DMV. Or the SS office.

Another question. When your on active duty, is the medical care that you get any better than the standard va hospital? Do the guys that (were) in Iraq get better care there, on base, than they would when they get home and have to go to some kind of VA hospital?
      VA hospitals are for veterans only. Government employees can only use it if they are veterans. Active Duty military doesn't use it at all.

I haven't personally used a VA hospital yet. However my understanding is that they are generally not as good as the medical care active duty military folks get. VA hospitals are also known for long lines at some locations.

Again, I can't speak from personal experience. I should check out my VA benefits sometime just to see what's available. It's been over a decade since I looked.

There is one thing I'm really grateful to the VA for. My Grandpa was paying over a $1000 on meds in the 90's. One trip to the VA hospital in Shreveport and he ended up paying $2 for each prescription. It probably saved them from bankruptcy. BTW, he was a WWII vet.

Comment

My grandfather is a Korea and Vietnam vet, and he refuses to go to VA hospitals. He just uses medicare/tri-care, and goes to the doctor he likes.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyJustinTaliwhacker95 View Post

The VA hospital is for veterans only. You get free care ONLY if you have a service connected disability and then only care related to that injury unless you are at 70% or more. Anything under than that, you're paying for your own care.

When you are on active duty you get amazing care. They want you on your feet and fighting so they either give you 800 ibuprofen or vicotin to keep you on your way. Surgery is usually knocked out by good doctors who are held accountable to a chain of command. The VA system? Took 6 months for my umbilical hernia to be fixed and the lines for everything is massively long. I don't go to the VA unless it's dental or psych. I pay for me to go to a private doctor here for everything else

Comment

Yeah, the VA is one of those government monstrosities that seems to be inefficient at best. The complain about budget, but the counter argument is dollar for dollar compared to a private hospital they are inefficient.

I don't know what the right answer is, but I think the VA does more harm than good. It's not uncommon for someone to just die before they are treated for a time sensitive illness.

When my father-in-law passed of cancer, the difference between VA treatment and say Baylor (He had to be put at a Baylor facility once due to no room at VA) was DRASTICALLY different.

Now, understand that the Dallas area VA hospitals were too full back in '01/'02 or so. Now with the new wave of Veterans - what is there for them?

As mentioned though, you have to have some sort of disability. I believe for like a year recently it was opened to ANY Veteran (Like Class 8 or something they called it), then closed again.

I personally would not mind seeing VA hospitals/Administration generally shutdown and outsourced to existing/private hospitals. In theory, it would be no different than having insurance and they'd just take your VA-Medical card (or whatever they'd call it) and Veterans would get the same care/timelines as everyone else - and doctors/hospitals..etc would gain that much more business.

IMO, the VA is high speed compared to what we'll face in ObamaCare after 10 years of it.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

The answer is simple. You provide the veterans who are rated at 70% or higher a card that permits them to seek private care with the bill going to the federal government. No overhead, the veteran can shop for care

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post

When you are on active duty you get amazing care.
                So where is the divide? Where is the split? How can we make it so that anyone who ever served still gets "active duty" care? Sounds simple enough. If those doctors who are already on the government dime are basically getting a "salary" of sorts, then I can't see any reason not to just send vets to the same place they went to when they were in the service. Its not like there are 50 billion vets around.

Comment

You don't. If you're healthy when you get out, you don't have service connected rating you get nothing. That's how it is right now. You just outsource that care to the private doctors

Comment

When you are on active duty you get amazing care
                    I have NEVER heard anybody say that, and not be sarcastic before haha. Not sure what branch you are in, but Navy medicine is horrible

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                      I have NEVER heard anybody say that, and not be sarcastic before haha. Not sure what branch you are in, but Navy medicine is horrible
                      its not that bad...
                      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Army. When I needed my wisdom teeth out, they made sure I felt nothing, dug the bullet out of my head without any problems, when I broke my ankle, lots of pain killers.

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                          its not that bad...
                          In my experience it is pretty shitty. I mean all the docs they used to send us were good to go, but going to the clinic/sick call/ getting diagnosed/ getting surgery was nothing short of sub par.

Comment

Army. When I needed my wisdom teeth out, they made sure I felt nothing, dug the bullet out of my head without any problems, when I broke my ankle, lots of pain killers.
                            My brother is an Army Medic, and seems their training and everything are a little better than everyone elses, including Air Force

Comment

My brother is an Army Medic, and seems their training and everything are a little better than everyone elses, including Air Force
                              Love the medics. They keep us infantry put together. Then again, we drag our medics to the field with us and look after them.

Comment

Working...
                              X