Obama asking for more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    This is because the Chamber of Commerce got under his skin so if he puts a bunch of agencies together, he gets to pick a new head

Sounds about right. Will the repubs end up letting this happen, again?
    Last edited by big_tiger; 01-14-2012, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
      Sounds about right. Will the repubs end up letting this happen, again?
      No, they'll say no and he'll claim they are being obstructionist
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I'm curious as to why you would need money to fire people. Oh yeah, undeserved pensions.
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Most of their pensions now are fully funded.

Comment

wont be long and Obama will be history. it already being priced in

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
              I'm curious as to why you would need money to fire people. Oh yeah, undeserved pensions.
              That's the catch. No one would be fired. They'd just not be replaced when they retire. So he allows the job loss to be counted on someone else's numbers

Comment

No, they'll say no and he'll claim they are being obstructionist
                What's is funny is the only group he wants to wipe out, and not merge, is the only one I have heard of.

Comment

he will re-organize the United States into the First Galactic Empire.
                  2011 Mustang GT
                  sigpic

Comment

That's the catch. No one would be fired. They'd just not be replaced when they retire. So he allows the job loss to be counted on someone else's numbers
                    There is no job loss in that scenario, so whose numbers are affected?

Comment

yah basically what I said
                      Originally posted by The King View Post
                      Yah i mean i dont see how it would help. I don't see them cutting people. Maybe pensions but most are already funded. IF you consolidate its easier to circumvent policies set in by one agency already.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                        YOu don't see the increase in unemployment due to the cuts in the agency until the next guy comes in. Thus, you don't have him increasing the unemployment numbers during an election year, though at this rate, they'll just keep ignoring people to adjust the numbers where they want it

Comment

I dont care what he wants to do he's not getting my vote! out with Odummy

Comment

YOu don't see the increase in unemployment due to the cuts in the agency until the next guy comes in. Thus, you don't have him increasing the unemployment numbers during an election year, though at this rate, they'll just keep ignoring people to adjust the numbers where they want it
                            Employees retiring because of cuts in the affected agencies, which is the most likely outcome if this plan goes through, will not increase unemployment numbers. Not filling a position behind a retiree wouldn't really be adding to unemployment numbers either because no one will actually be losing their job and filing for future unemployment benefits in this case.

Comment

Working...
                            X