Monetary policy/U.S. Dollar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monetary policy/U.S. Dollar

In the past several years there has been much more talk in the general public about our monetary policy and the value of the US dollar. It's been good/bad and everything in-between. Some say we need to go back to a gold standard and some say we don't need to do anything at all. I'd imagine the best idea(s) may be somewhere in the middle.

I'm not in the "industry" and do not have enough information to make a solid and educated argument, however I firmly believe the Federal Reserve should reveal what exactly is going on with the money supply and where it is being sent. Thougts?

Going back to the gold standard is a pipe dream and simply won't work, as it will be manipulated to.

We have to get spending under control and let the ship slowly right itself.

And that will only happen with a revolution!!! Man the guns boys!!! j/k on the last...
    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
      Going back to the gold standard is a pipe dream and simply won't work, as it will be manipulated to.

We have to get spending under control and let the ship slowly right itself.

And that will only happen with a revolution!!! Man the guns boys!!! j/k on the last...
      It can't be as manipulated as this monopoly money bullshit that we're experiencing.

Comment

The Fed definitely needs audited. Some are expecting for the banks to pull a bank holiday on a Fri. and when they open on the following Mon. the dollar from Fri. will be worth $0.60. So a 40% hit and then sky-high prices on goods.
        If I'm not mistaken the same thing happened under FDR.

RP is the only one calling for the Fed to be audited, if we don't audit and hold some people accountable, the monetary system will collapse.
        The Federal Reserve Bank works with the govt. but isn't part of the govt., needs audited.
        I know atleast 7 Trillion that no one knows where it went and 90% of the US debt shouldn't be on the backs of American's, it's not our debt.
        Last edited by Up0n0ne; 01-13-2012, 01:09 AM.
        2 Chronicles 7:14
        If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Man, where does this rp nuthuggers are crazy shit come from???
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
            LOL @ Jody!

Comment

History books are available for anyone who likes the gold standard. Read up on it. I hate to put a spoiler in the thread without warning but it sucked even worse.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                Now that we've got the "crazy Ron Paul" statement out of the way I would honestly like to hear your thoughts on the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                  Now that we've got the "crazy Ron Paul" statement out of the way I would honestly like to hear your thoughts on the topic.
                  I think you did. Not many guys on this board have a masters in finance from a top school. He's one...

Comment

JW if you're interested here's the speech given by, then Gov. Ben Bernanke. My understanding is this speech put him into the chairman position of the Fed.
                    He said if he was ever chairman of the Fed. in a economic crisis he would do 5 things. 4 of the 5 have already been done.
                    It's a long speech to read through if you can understand it. I've been reading through it to decifer the 5 things listed.
                    From what I heard explained, these are the 5 things. The elite always tell you what's coming and hide things in plain sight, so when it does happen, they can say "I told you so". Some code of ethics of the elite.

1. Bring interests rates to 0%. 1-2% generally speaking is very close to 0.
                    2. Buy securities from banks. Derivatives, debt. etc.
                    3. Increase money supply
                    4. Buy our countries debt.
                    5. De-value the dollar. (Used FDR's example of 40% hit)

Here's the link to the speech.
                    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      History books are available for anyone who likes the gold standard. Read up on it. I hate to put a spoiler in the thread without warning but it sucked even worse.
                      Because growth was so limited and with this day's population... WOW!

Seriously, though, it does make for a more honest market. Most of you would have to reprogram yourselves and many of you would have a hard time expanding your wealth.

I can hear the fear and voice cracking in some of these posts.

Comment

All in all, this crap really wasn't too bad until bankers got stupid with their credit default swaps. Now it's just ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
                          JW if you're interested here's the speech given by, then Gov. Ben Bernanke. My understanding is this speech put him into the chairman position of the Fed.
                          He said if he was ever chairman of the Fed. in a economic crisis he would do 5 things. 4 of the 5 have already been done.
                          It's a long speech to read through if you can understand it. I've been reading through it to decifer the 5 things listed.
                          From what I heard explained, these are the 5 things. The elite always tell you what's coming and hide things in plain sight, so when it does happen, they can say "I told you so". Some code of ethics of the elite.

1. Bring interests rates to 0%. 1-2% generally speaking is very close to 0.
                          2. Buy securities from banks. Derivatives, debt. etc.
                          3. Increase money supply
                          4. Buy our countries debt.
                          5. De-value the dollar. (Used FDR's example of 40% hit)

Here's the link to the speech.
                          http://www.federalreserve.gov/boardd...21/default.htm
                          You are repeating yourself with #3 and #5. To me that means you don't have any idea what you are talking about.
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                            Seriously, though, it does make for a more honest market. Most of you would have to reprogram yourselves and many of you would have a hard time expanding your wealth.
                            Most people would have a hard time expanding wealth because it would be wiped out every decade by a banking crisis. That is in the history books too, not only for this country but for Europe as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              You are repeating yourself with #3 and #5. To me that means you don't have any idea what you are talking about.
                              You may be reading it the same but it's not. They have yet to literally de-value the dollar as FDR did. Does printing money de-value it, yes, but #5 is talking about when you deposit your money Fri. morning and Mon. they tell you that $1000 is no longer $1000, but $600.
                              And it's not me talking, as I stated.

Comment

Working...
                              X