Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the reasons you would not vote Ron Paul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My complements to Stephen, Bcoop, and Stevo for a pretty good debate..

Comment

I've intentionally stayed out of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
        I've intentionally stayed out of this thread.
        Why? Feel free to give your input. All I've seen you say is the foreign policy. And you can't sit there with a straight face and tell me you are 100% against his views on it, either. You have said many times before that we need to stop giving handouts to other countries. I have the same belief. So does Ron Paul. You've agreed with me when I've said at the very least, we need to cut off aid to countries like N Korea and Iran. aka, people that want us dead. If the money was being put to good use, I could see a fraction of a reasoning to keep the aid going. But the corrupt leaders get the money, not the people of the nation. And we all know Ahmedinijad and Il only pound on their chest and threaten this and that to get more money. Il obviously is pounding dirt now, but you get my drift. There are more, but those are the main two that I first think of.

I don't think we need to play world police either. Stevo has a good point on the strait, but I'm not sold that my point was invalid either. All it is on both sides is speculation at this point. And the status quo obviously isn't the answer, so what's so wrong with fresh ideas? We don't need troops in every other country though. That's absurd.

You act like if Paul gets the nod and gets elected, we will suddenly become victims. He doesn't get complete and total power. We still have Congress. All I know, is I'm sick and tired of every fucking one of those morons in Washington. House needs to be cleaned from top to bottom. But since that's no more than wishful thinking, Paul isn't so bad. It's impossible to be any worse than Obama. Romney is just like Obama, IMO. No different, and a documented spineless sellout. But sure, let's vote for that guy.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Why? Feel free to give your input. All I've seen you say is the foreign policy. And you can't sit there with a straight face and tell me you are 100% against his views on it, either. You have said many times before that we need to stop giving handouts to other countries. I have the same belief. So does Ron Paul. You've agreed with me when I've said at the very least, we need to cut off aid to countries like N Korea and Iran. aka, people that want us dead. If the money was being put to good use, I could see a fraction of a reasoning to keep the aid going. But the corrupt leaders get the money, not the people of the nation. And we all know Ahmedinijad and Il only pound on their chest and threaten this and that to get more money. Il obviously is pounding dirt now, but you get my drift. There are more, but those are the main two that I first think of.

I don't think we need to play world police either. Stevo has a good point on the strait, but I'm not sold that my point was invalid either. All it is on both sides is speculation at this point. And the status quo obviously isn't the answer, so what's so wrong with fresh ideas? We don't need troops in every other country though. That's absurd.

You act like if Paul gets the nod and gets elected, we will suddenly become victims. He doesn't get complete and total power. We still have Congress. All I know, is I'm sick and tired of every fucking one of those morons in Washington. House needs to be cleaned from top to bottom. But since that's no more than wishful thinking, Paul isn't so bad. It's impossible to be any worse than Obama. Romney is just like Obama, IMO. No different, and a documented spineless sellout. But sure, let's vote for that guy.
          First off, the thread title doesn't fit me. Second, no body is going to change anyone's mind. I will vote for RP if he is on the ballot as the Republican nominee. I will not write him in. Though our foreign policy definitely needs to be drastically changed, I feel his attitude towards Iran and Israel would be catastrophic to us, not to mention our ally's around the world. Back in '87/'88 he (very publicly) denounced and disassociated himself from Ronald Reagan and his administration. Then, around '96, he again became a supporter of Reagan's legacy. His newsletter issue tells me he either A) knew of and at least supported what was in it, or B) is a horrible business person to NOT know what was written in his newsletter under his name. Is it a big deal? No. Going back to the gold standard is a pipe-dream and ludicrous. Is it a big deal? No, because it won't ever happen. There's a lot of other little things, but that's about it.

Comment

I don't vote.
            Ded

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
              First off, the thread title doesn't fit me. Second, no body is going to change anyone's mind. I will vote for RP if he is on the ballot as the Republican nominee. I will not write him in. Though our foreign policy definitely needs to be drastically changed, I feel his attitude towards Iran and Israel would be catastrophic to us, not to mention our ally's around the world. Back in '87/'88 he (very publicly) denounced and disassociated himself from Ronald Reagan and his administration. Then, around '96, he again became a supporter of Reagan's legacy. His newsletter issue tells me he either A) knew of and at least supported what was in it, or B) is a horrible business person to NOT know what was written in his newsletter under his name. Is it a big deal? No. Going back to the gold standard is a pipe-dream and ludicrous. Is it a big deal? No, because it won't ever happen. There's a lot of other little things, but that's about it.
              That's a good start.....

I hate to say but it's all for naught anyway. Romney will be the nominee and although rp has some juice now, he just can't win. All he can do is divide the vote and voter base and that's the worst thing about what he's doing right now. He knows he can't be president!

Comment

Does anyone think that Ron Paul will release all of the delegates he will get without something in trade?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyron Shulaces View Post
                  That's a good start.....

I hate to say but it's all for naught anyway. Romney will be the nominee and although rp has some juice now, he just can't win. All he can do is divide the vote and voter base and that's the worst thing about what he's doing right now. He knows he can't be president!
                  He won't run 3rd party. There's too much at stake for his son's political future.
                  The point to my post is that a lot of his followers have placed him up on this pedestal above all other politicians. He's just another politician.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                    Does anyone think that Ron Paul will release all of the delegates he will get without something in trade?
                    I wouldn't fault him for it.

Comment

I'd like to see Romney make sure RP takes over Tim Geithner's job, quid pro quo.

Comment

Originally posted by VETTKLR View Post
                        I'd like to see Romney make sure RP takes over Tim Geithner's job, quid pro quo.
                        I will guarantee you that won't happen!

Comment

Aw come on, wheres your Hope and Change spirit?

I dunno. I saw the Clinton Machine try to drag Obama through hell and back, and we all know where Hillary ended up because of it.

Seems to me like it would give Romney a tactical advantage to get RP into his Admin. After our last presidential election, nothing surprises me anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                            Thought we needed another thread. So many RP haters...I was a big Herman Cain fan until he dropped out. I thought RP was crazy too but the more I researched the more I found we agree on most of the issues. Plus, he is the only one I believe would actually change the way Washington works.
                            What are your biggest concerns about him being President?
                            I can't believe no one noticed that Cain's tax plan was actually a tax increase. Fuck anyone or anything that wants to suck more blood out of us. On that I wouldn't have voted for him. I call for less taxes, far less. Stupid dumbshit government gets enough money that doesn't belong to them.

Comment

Working...
                            X