Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the reasons you would not vote Ron Paul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the reasons you would not vote Ron Paul?

Thought we needed another thread. So many RP haters...I was a big Herman Cain fan until he dropped out. I thought RP was crazy too but the more I researched the more I found we agree on most of the issues. Plus, he is the only one I believe would actually change the way Washington works.
    What are your biggest concerns about him being President?

Everyone has issues with his foreign policy. And they're too scared of what he might get us in to by not meddling in another country's affairs.

That's really the only thing they ever have to say, is foreign policy. I do agree with a lot of his points on foreign policy, but he loses me on some.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I don't have any.
      2 Chronicles 7:14
      If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

I cannot recall seeing a RP hater on here...

I do not agree with his foreign policy. I think the people that believe problems in various countries would magically vanish if we left the region are full of shit. I believe we need a military presence in areas that are vital to the well-being of our country and those areas need to be protected, even by force if necessary.

(In before the numerous conspiracy theories about how I am being brainwashed, media-controlled yada yada)

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

That's what my biggest hang up on him was too. But specifically...which belief do you disagree with? Most people say Israel. He is not going to let Israel get attacked and destroyed. He thinks they should be able to bomb Iran if they want. RIght now the US is telling them they need more talks and sanctions etc. Israel is a sovereign country and if they feel they need to bomb Iran to keep themselves safe, they should do it without having to ask us IMO. If they wanted our help and congress voted to declare war, he would send in the troops. Too many people think he would just let the middle east destroy them. Besides, they can take care of themselves. They have nukes and I'm reasonably sure no one would try and overtake them.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
            Thought we needed another thread. So many RP haters...I was a big Herman Cain fan until he dropped out. I thought RP was crazy too but the more I researched the more I found we agree on most of the issues. Plus, he is the only one I believe would actually change the way Washington works.
            What are your biggest concerns about him being President?
            Like you I would have probably have voted for Herman Cain had he won the Republican nomination. Listening to Ron Paul in the debates however has won me over to his side versus the other remaining candidates.

If Ron Paul were elected President I would expect even more gridlock in Washington than there is now, given his disfavor with the status quo. I would gladly accept more gridlock though as opposed to 4 more years of Obama running this great country into the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
              I cannot recall seeing a RP hater on here...

I do not agree with his foreign policy. I think the people that believe problems in various countries would magically vanish if we left the region are full of shit. I believe we need a military presence in areas that are vital to the well-being of our country and those areas need to be protected, even by force if necessary.

(In before the numerous conspiracy theories about how I am being brainwashed, media-controlled yada yada)

Stevo
              Yeah, I dont believe problems would all go away but I do believe they would get better. But is the fact that he wants to close all bases a deal breaker with you? Here is the video that changed my mind...
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

1.Age
                2.He doesn't seem to like Israel
                3.He comes across to me as a whinny old man. "grump"
                4.The more he talks the more bat shit crazy he seems
                5.He wants to "talk" with Iran. Who said that in the last election?
                6.He puts pork into bills for his peps then votes against it just to say he voted against pork.
                7.He doesn't seem to have the respect of world leaders.
                8.He is a career politician.
                9.He thinks America caused 9/11
                10.He supports Gay marriage.

That's just 10 in no order.

This being said I like and agree with most of his ideas. Just don't like him. But, if he is the nominee I will vote for him.

Comment

economic/gold standard beliefs
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Yeah, I dont believe problems would all go away but I do believe they would get better. But is the fact that he wants to close all bases a deal breaker with you? Here is the video that changed my mind...
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjHDAE3uo8U
                    I watched half of it, and in the six minutes that I watched, it is stating the same thing that we have been hearing from him for years.

To be honest, I really don't care what got us into the situation we are in, I don't care what reason people give about why others hate us being in other parts of the world, we cannot rewind history, my issue is where do we go from here. As I mentioned earlier, simply leaving areas that are CRUCIAL to our country undefended is insane, these people are not going to just be happy that we are gone. They will continue to harbor ill will, and will continue to seek to destroy us, to damage our way of life, our economy. You believe they would be happy and let all of that hate and anger go, I believe they would keep it and just move their attacks and ill will to somewhere closer to us, some place that would really cause loss of life and economical damage.

Long story short, I'm not willing to risk our country on the belief that people that hate us will just magically stop hating us if we left their area.

Stevo
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Woods Racing Transmission View Post
                      1.Age
                      2.He doesn't seem to like Israel
                      3.He comes across to me as a whinny old man. "grump"
                      4.The more he talks the more bat shit crazy he seems
                      5.He wants to "talk" with Iran. Who said that in the last election?
                      6.He puts pork into bills for his peps then votes against it just to say he voted against pork.
                      7.He doesn't seem to have the respect of world leaders.
                      8.He is a career politician.
                      9.He thinks America caused 9/11
                      10.He supports Gay marriage.

That's just 10 in no order.

This being said I like and agree with most of his ideas. Just don't like him. But, if he is the nominee I will vote for him.
                      1. Yeah he's old
                      2. Why do you think he doesn't like Israel?
                      3. I think he is tired of telling people things and they don't listen to him.
                      4. Example?
                      5. He wants us to stay out of their business. As much as I dislike Iran and what they stand for, what makes us think we can tell another country what to do? We cannot police the world. It takes too many lives and too much money. I think they are like N Korea...all talk. But if not the countries they affect can take care of themselves. If they want our help we have to then decide if sending our troops and money to help is worth the price. If it is...we go in, if not, we stay away.
                      6. I dont really know much about the pork. However it's not a deal breaker IMO.
                      7. Obama had their respect. Uhhg. They respect someone who will give them our money and bend to their whining. Screw them.
                      8. True- not a deal breaker
                      9. The men who planned, attacked us and killed innocent people caused 9/11 and are responsible. However we cannot pretend that the reason they were mad enough to do this is not partially our foreign policy. Watch the video I posted above. At least give it fair consideration.
                      10. He personally does not support gay marriage. He believes the federal government should not control who can marry. It is up to the states to make it illegal or legal. You have to see both sides and I know it's hard. I am against gay marriage morally just like I hate what Wesboro Baptist does. But I do not believe Westboro should be censored because if they censor them, some day they will want to censor me. Marriage is sacred between a man and woman but I believe the Federal government shouldn't control it.

Comment

[QUOTE=stevo;548934]I watched half of it, and in the six minutes that I watched, it is stating the same thing that we have been hearing from him for years.

To be honest, I really don't care what got us into the situation we are in, I don't care what reason people give about why others hate us being in other parts of the world, we cannot rewind history, my issue is where do we go from here. As I mentioned earlier, simply leaving areas that are CRUCIAL to our country undefended is insane, these people are not going to just be happy that we are gone. They will continue to harbor ill will, and will continue to seek to destroy us, to damage our way of life, our economy. You believe they would be happy and let all of that hate and anger go, I believe they would keep it and just move their attacks and ill will to somewhere closer to us, some place that would really cause loss of life and economical damage.

Long story short, I'm not willing to risk our country on the belief that people that hate us will just magically stop hating us if we left their area.

You should care what got us into this situation. That way we can learn from our mistakes and not repeat them. I'm not sure what areas are that crucial to defend our homeland, other than the homeland. I'm not saying you are not right...I don't believe Paul would do anything to put us in more danger. Yes people somewhere will always hate us. But the difference is that they can hate us all they want, as long as they don't cross the line into attacking us in some fashion. That is where the confusion on Paul is I think. He would send in the troops in a heartbeat if congress decided to declare war. He would still have intelligence gathering to know what's going on. He would deal with active threats. But can't you at least semi agree that while not all of them would all of a sudden like us and be happy...but some of them would? I have to admit I would not be too thrilled if another country was here with a base and soldiers.

Comment

to stay out of their business. As much as I dislike Iran and what they stand for, what makes us think we can tell another country what to do? We cannot police the world. It takes too many lives and too much money. I think they are like N Korea...all talk. But if not the countries they affect can take care of themselves. If they want our help we have to then decide if sending our troops and money to help is worth the price. If it is...we go in, if not, we stay away.
                          Protection of our best interests give us the right to be where we are and do what we do. If we pulled our military presence out of South Korea, the north would overrun them in a month, and then be threatening Japan like they threaten Seoul right now. If we pull our military presence out of the Persian Gulf, Iran will hold the Straight of Hormuz hostage. Threat of force is what keeps these things in check, it is what keeps all these threats from those countries 'all talk' instead of action.

Stevo

Comment

Learning from a mistake doesn't help solve the mistake that has already been made, it helps to keep you from doing it again. The mistake is done, we have to deal with it. You feel leaving the area will make them happy and content, I feel leaving the area will just embolden them. We can agree to disagree.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                              Protection of our best interests give us the right to be where we are and do what we do. If we pulled our military presence out of South Korea, the north would overrun them in a month, and then be threatening Japan like they threaten Seoul right now. If we pull our military presence out of the Persian Gulf, Iran will hold the Straight of Hormuz hostage. Threat of force is what keeps these things in check, it is what keeps all these threats from those countries 'all talk' instead of action.

Stevo
                              I used to think the same way. It's just the fact that I do not want to have to be everywhere all the time. Again with policing the world with my money and our soldiers. Where does it end? DO we build a base in Zimbabwe if Zambia threatens them? Do you think S Korea is worth even one American soldiers life if the North attacked the south? These are hard questions to answer but we have to draw a line somewhere. Do we worry about protecting every other nation or have them all protecting this nation? I dont believe Paul would take every American soldier out from around the world....but the vast majority, yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X