Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ron Paul does not get the republican nomination, are you going to write him in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
    What are you guys going to do if RP endorses the nominee (if he's not it) and sincerely asks his followers for their vote?
    I would probably vote per his endorsement
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
      exactly. if everybody who wanted RP to win voted for him, he might win, he might not... but at least we would know.

but no, people are going to cower in fear of Obama getting voted in again (which is pretty fucking likely anyhow) and vote for somebody they dislike slightly less
      Every election is a compromise since the chances of getting your magical candidate is slim to none. I see no logic in cutting off the nose to spite the face.

I will support RP until it he doesn't get the nomination, but after that I have to go with the next best choice that fits my beliefs and preferences. I rather have someone in office that agrees with 60% of my beliefs than hold out for the guy that shares 80% of my beliefs and be forced with four more years of someone that shares 10% of my beliefs just to make a statement.

Stevo
      Originally posted by SSMAN
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

the system is broken

Comment

FWIW, if they run Romney against Obama, you're pretty much picking which color you prefer

Comment

If obama is re-elected the GOP will have no one to blame but themselves. Ron Paul has done all the hard work his entire life. To ignore this any longer is complete and total foolishness.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
              Surprised thus far. Almost as many that will vote party will write him in.
              It pretty much says that if the repubs know what's good for 'em, they'd best give paul the nomination.

Comment

I see people saying they won't vote, or they will vote for Gary Johnson instead.

It's very important for everybody to always vote, even if you just go sign-in, look at the names, realize they all suck, refuse to vote for any of them, and leave.

If Ron Paul is your first choice for president, you should vote for him, and nobody else. Even if you have to write him in, regardless of whether he can win or not. If everybody voted for what they really wanted we wouldn't be in this mess.

When they see that Ron Paul took a major portion of the vote, they will not be able to dismiss us so easily. To see them laughing at us is far better than them ignoring us, which is what they will do if everybody jumps ship and votes for Gary Johnson.

If you prefer Gary Johnson over Ron Paul, then by all means vote for him, but if you really want Ron Paul, then don't be persuaded to settle for 2nd best, that's what everybody has been doing for far too long, and that's what they depend on.

I will be voting for Ron Paul for President, no matter what happens, even if I have to write him in, same as I did in 2008. If Gary Johnson wants my vote, he better relinquish his Libertarian nomination to Ron Paul and settle for VP, that's the only way he will get it.

Comment

Originally posted by andi-amacdowe View Post

If Ron Paul is your first choice for president, you should vote for him, and nobody else. Even if you have to write him in, regardless of whether he can win or not. If everybody voted for what they really wanted we wouldn't be in this mess.
                  No no no don't you understand? We all have to be complete dumbasses and just vote for whatever dog penis is not the worst. Screw who's the best, this all about who's the worst. Romney isn't the WORST, he's just second worst. So we should all just vote for whoever can beat the worst even if that guy is not much different. As per these morons.

Comment

I love how just having "Republican" next to your name entitles you to votes over a third party. Jeez, these fuckers are worse than the straight ticket voting Dems of 08!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                      I love how just having "Republican" next to your name entitles you to votes over a third party. Jeez, these fuckers are worse than the straight ticket voting Dems of 08!
                      The other way of thinking will get us 4 more years of Obama. Which is worse? I too have started liking Ron Paul and if he will get my votes in the primaries. But if he does not get the nomination then I will switch and vote for whoever does.
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                        Will RP be on the ballot as a 3rd party? Never saw that.

Comment

Y'all got good points. I'd undo my vote if I could.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            FWIW, if they run Romney against Obama, you're pretty much picking which color you prefer
                            +1
                            2 Chronicles 7:14
                            If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                              Will RP be on the ballot as a 3rd party? Never saw that.
                              Historically speaking, yes

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                                The other way of thinking will get us 4 more years of Obama. Which is worse? I too have started liking Ron Paul and if he will get my votes in the primaries. But if he does not get the nomination then I will switch and vote for whoever does.
                                If the 30 million saying that would just grow a sack and vote their beliefs without worrying about who everyone else is voting for, this would be a moot point... But alas, there are too many punk bitches with voter cards

Comment

Working...
                                X