Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ron Paul does not get the republican nomination, are you going to write him in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
    probably not
    I took the "don't give a fuck anymore" literally.

Comment

Sure is a lot of posturing in here. Remember folks, your Texas votes won't matter anyway.

Democrats have 196 electoral votes locked up, and Republicans have 181. So go pester your friends and relatives in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida about it.

BTW, I'm anti-Republican and anti-Democrat because they don't want to solve any actual problems besides getting themselves re-elected. Ron Paul sounds great but c'mon... he ain't gonna win shit.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
        That's pretty much my point.
        I don't think that is clicking with most of them.
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

15 people exactly as I thought. Rephrase this poll as "If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, are you going to vote for Obama?"
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I took the "don't give a fuck anymore" literally.
            don't give a fuck about trying to play a game that can't be won

not against making a statement

and as Danny pointed out, it's an easy statement to make in TX
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              15 people exactly as I thought. Rephrase this poll as "If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, are you going to vote for Obama?"
              There's still a chance RP is the nominee. I sense Romney slipping some and RP picking up some. Tomorrow will be more telling. It's always been a "lesser of two evils", since elections began. RP would be another "lesser of two evils", because he's far from perfect, too.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                Sure is a lot of posturing in here. Remember folks, your Texas votes won't matter anyway.

Democrats have 196 electoral votes locked up, and Republicans have 181. So go pester your friends and relatives in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida about it.

BTW, I'm anti-Republican and anti-Democrat because they don't want to solve any actual problems besides getting themselves re-elected. Ron Paul sounds great but c'mon... he ain't gonna win shit.
                You are right, lets just forget about it and stay home.

Stevo
                Originally posted by SSMAN
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                  You are right, lets just forget about it and stay home.

Stevo
                  Would it change the outcome?
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    Would it change the outcome?
                    Does making the statements to others not sway anyone and possibly change their minds on how to vote? Does making that statement not change the way the electoral college votes?

But yeah, you are right, lets just spend the time we normally would spend discussing doing something positive, like discussing Jersey Shore or Dancing With The Stars.

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      don't give a fuck about trying to play a game that can't be won

not against making a statement

and as Danny pointed out, it's an easy statement to make in TX
                      good post.

If they laugh at me for making a statement with my "insignificant" write-in vote, then why will it really matter who I vote for? I am open to voting for the republican candidate, but only if they are worthy. so far, I haven't seen anything to convince me of that. I hate Obama, but I am done being a pawn.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                        good post.

If they laugh at me for making a statement with my "insignificant" write-in vote, then why will it really matter who I vote for? I am open to voting for the republican candidate, but only if they are worthy. so far, I haven't seen anything to convince me of that. I hate Obama, but I am done being a pawn.
                        You'll still be a pawn, brother. You might feel like less of one, but as long as we pay taxes that aren't used for what we agree with, we are all pawns.

You're open to voting for the republican candidate...as long as it's Ron Paul.

Comment

There's still a chance RP is the nominee. I sense Romney slipping some and RP picking up some. Tomorrow will be more telling. It's always been a "lesser of two evils", since elections began. RP would be another "lesser of two evils", because he's far from perfect, too.
                          We can pray. I agree that Ron isn't perfect. That could never be.

Comment

With the exception of Obammy winning, what I'd like to see Ron Paul get a million write in votes and then the RNC-selected boy loose by a 1,000. Then, maybe after all of the bullshit that has played out in the media and Ron being ignored, they will realize that they can't just ignore what the people want anymore. That's just me fantasizing, but just maybe it would change things in the future.

Comment

With the exception of Obammy winning, what I'd like to see Ron Paul get a million write in votes and then the RNC-selected boy loose by a 1,000. Then, maybe after all of the bullshit that has played out in the media and Ron being ignored, they will realize that they can't just ignore what the people want anymore. That's just me fantasizing, but just maybe it would change things in the future.
                              What are you guys going to do if RP endorses the nominee (if he's not it) and sincerely asks his followers for their vote?

Comment

exactly. if everybody who wanted RP to win voted for him, he might win, he might not... but at least we would know.

but no, people are going to cower in fear of Obama getting voted in again (which is pretty fucking likely anyhow) and vote for somebody they dislike slightly less
                                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                                X