Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ron Paul does not get the republican nomination, are you going to write him in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
    My decision will depend on how the GOP treats Ron Paul if we are going to assume he does not get the nomination. If they continue to treat him like a lunatic because he wants real cuts in spending and to follow our constitution, don't be suprised when Obama gets re-elected. I keep hearing "Ron Paul can't win" and all this other nonsense, but the likes of Hannity/Levin/ect are coming off the tracks lately when they hear Paul is climbing in the polls. You want to get to the bottom of the issue the real question is: Can the GOP win aganst Obama without the Ron Paul support? The republican "leadership" is foolishly making the general election much more difficult than it should be by treating the Ron Paul vote the way it has.
    I do agree here. RP deserves respect from the party that he is a part of. I think he's gotten the party's attention just by his showing in Iowa. I've stated before, that he needs to be an active part of a new administration if he's not nominated. His son (who I like a little more) also needs to be considered as a up-and-comer in the Rep party.

I can't imagine me stating that if Romney, or Santorum, or Gingrich wasn't nominated, that I'd write in their name. Anyone that thinks there's no difference between Bush and Obama has their head in the sand. How about Obama wanting to extend our debt ceiling another $1.2 trillion? Congress not having a budget AT ALL the last 3 years? Our debt equaling our GDP? It's never even been close till the last 3 years. Health-Care being shoved down our throats? I don't think Bush tried that either. He was no saint, and had a ton of flaws, but I never feared for the well-being of the country like I do now.

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
      huh?
      If you write in a vote you might as well be voting for Obama is what he is saying. But the level of intelligence in this thread is astounding.. so I am not surprised it went over some people's heads.
      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by JFurst View Post
        unemployed people have that same belief
        He's obviously not in business...

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
          I do agree here. RP deserves respect from the party that he is a part of. I think he's gotten the party's attention just by his showing in Iowa. I've stated before, that he needs to be an active part of a new administration if he's not nominated. His son (who I like a little more) also needs to be considered as a up-and-comer in the Rep party.

I can't imagine me stating that if Romney, or Santorum, or Gingrich wasn't nominated, that I'd write in their name. Anyone that thinks there's no difference between Bush and Obama has their head in the sand. How about our debt now being equal with our GDP? It's never even been close till the last 3 years. Health-Care being shoved down our throats? I don't think Bush tried that either. He was no saint, and had a ton of flaws, but I never feared for the well-being of the country like I do now.
          The Bush v. Obama debt argument is a dead heat. I'll search around for the figures, but the numbers that conservatives (including myself) have been touting for the past few years are grossly distorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
            The Bush v. Obama debt argument is a dead heat. I'll search around for the figures, but the numbers that conservatives (including myself) have been touting for the past few years are grossly distorted.
            $10 trillion at the end of '08 (when Bush left) and now $15.5 trillion. $5.5 trillion in just 3 years, and now he wants another $1.2 trillion debt ceiling increase? Remember...Barry threw almost $1 trillion at a failed "stimulus program". It showed up after '09 in the graphs.

Comment

He's obviously not in business...
              And to young to feel or see his fuck ups, and what its doing to the future.

Comment

It's the old "I'll take my ball and go home" defeatist attitude. It also shows a bit of an odd devotion to a political figure...almost cult-like. These are the same people that want "compromise" and for the parties to work together.
                It's so easy to label someone when they don't think like you, isn't it. We are expected to vote for our candidate. He's the one I want. It's not my fault that he's being squeezed out of the process by biases politics. I'm sure he would be kicking ass right now if he got the same airtime as the others. I'm not going to vote for the others just because that is what someone else wants me to. We have been manipulated and are being manipulated by the media and the crooks in power. We need to make a statement and not play their stupid games anymore.

Comment

It's strange that most of his followers won't even discuss his weaknesses. All of these candidates are flawed.
                  Correct. Help me out here. Give some good, solid reason not to vote for him. Maybe you can convince me of why I should select whomever the manipulators choose for me over him. I'm all ears.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                    It's so easy to label someone when they don't think like you, isn't it. We are expected to vote for our candidate. He's the one I want. It's not my fault that he's being squeezed out of the process by biases politics. I'm sure he would be kicking ass right now if he got the same airtime as the others. I'm not going to vote for the others just because that is what someone else wants me to. We have been manipulated and are being manipulated by the media and the crooks in power. We need to make a statement and not play their stupid games anymore.
                    It's not a label, it's what you're doing. I call it as I see it, same as you. Of course it's your choice to do as you please. I pissed away a vote in '92, but at least Perot was on the ballot.

Comment

I have to mention something I keep seeing happening. It seems every person that has anything critical to say about Ron Paul is immediately bombarded by comments of every type of conspiracy theory. Do you guys actually think that NO ONE has the ability to actually NOT like RP and actually prefer someone else? Why is it always have to be brainwashing, media manipulation, Washington politics, or some other far-fetched idea other than someone NOT agreeing with RP and his views?

Stevo
                      Originally posted by SSMAN
                      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                        Correct. Help me out here. Give some good, solid reason not to vote for him. Maybe you can convince me of why I should select whomever the manipulators choose for me over him. I'm all ears.
                        That's not my job. You can't be "convinced" any way. I say support RP until he's obviously not going to win, then go with whoever has a shot. At that point if you like four more years of tyranny, go for Barry. So many RP supporters are "fatalists", like he's the ONLY answer. What about all the young "tea party" members that were elected last year? They DO make a difference, and there's evidence there will be another wave in '12.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                          You know, a big reason I like Ron Paul over the rest is, he talks about the mechanics of the issue, rather than just talk about how he feels about it. The rest of them just talk about what they think people want to hear, and I'm not a child, so I see right through that. Another thing is, for some reason, people can't stand to back a politician that isn't a slick piece of shit, so he's unappealing to the public on that front as well.
                          Exactly. Like I said in a previous post. He doesn't just regurgitate some rehearsed talking point. He tries to explain the reasoning behind it. I am so sick and tired of the candidates talking fo 10 minutes and saying nothing. Not one of the others says anything close to believable to me.

And most people just want to vote for Mr Popularity. People today are shallow and only want a quick, painless fix for their personal benefits. They aren't willing to sacrifice a little comfort and inconvenience to do what is good for the future of our country. If we keep going the way we are going, we won't have a future or country. I don't believe any of the other candidates will make the effort to improve things.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                            I have to mention something I keep seeing happening. It seems every person that has anything critical to say about Ron Paul is immediately bombarded by comments of every type of conspiracy theory. Do you guys actually think that NO ONE has the ability to actually NOT like RP and actually prefer someone else? Why is it always have to be brainwashing, media manipulation, Washington politics, or some other far-fetched idea other than someone NOT agreeing with RP and his views?

Stevo
                            It's a little scary that they don't see a down-side to him. It's just not reality.

Comment

4 more years of Obama will REALLY show the establishment! Barry is shaking in his shoes! Do people really think that RP will get congress to see things his way? He would more than likely be more devisive than Barry when it comes to congress. Then what? But, hey, it's important to get a point across...
                              Then, maybe you'd better get to writing to the people that are in charge of their candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                                My decision will depend on how the GOP treats Ron Paul if we are going to assume he does not get the nomination. If they continue to treat him like a lunatic because he wants real cuts in spending and to follow our constitution, don't be suprised when Obama gets re-elected. I keep hearing "Ron Paul can't win" and all this other nonsense, but the likes of Hannity/Levin/ect are coming off the tracks lately when they hear Paul is climbing in the polls. You want to get to the bottom of the issue the real question is: Can the GOP win aganst Obama without the Ron Paul support? The republican "leadership" is foolishly making the general election much more difficult than it should be by treating the Ron Paul vote the way it has.
                                I think they would get MUCH more of the swing vote by making Ron their nominee. They know it too, but they want THEIR guy. So fucking what. Like what I said, I 'm not playing their game.

Comment

Working...
                                X