Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ron Paul does not get the republican nomination, are you going to write him in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
    It's the old "I'll take my ball and go home" defeatist attitude. It also shows a bit of an odd devotion to a political figure...almost cult-like. These are the same people that want "compromise" and for the parties to work together.
    Almost an 0bama cult-like following, huh? Different political views, same fanatical devotion.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
      Almost an 0bama cult-like following, huh? Different political views, same fanatical devotion.

Stevo
      It's strange that most of his followers won't even discuss his weaknesses. All of these candidates are flawed.

Comment

You know, a big reason I like Ron Paul over the rest is, he talks about the mechanics of the issue, rather than just talk about how he feels about it. The rest of them just talk about what they think people want to hear, and I'm not a child, so I see right through that. Another thing is, for some reason, people can't stand to back a politician that isn't a slick piece of shit, so he's unappealing to the public on that front as well.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
          You know, a big reason I like Ron Paul over the rest is, he talks about the mechanics of the issue, rather than just talk about how he feels about it. The rest of them just talk about what they think people want to hear, and I'm not a child, so I see right through that. Another thing is, for some reason, people can't stand to back a politician that isn't a slick piece of shit, so he's unappealing to the public on that front as well.
          I agree with both points, and your second point is spot-on, too many people end up voting for someone because it is trendy or some other silly crap like that.

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Obama would for Ron Paul to run as a 3rd party or for his followers to write him in.

Saying you will write in a person just because he does not get the nomination shows your ignorance.
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

%50 of the voters are dumbasses.
              sigpic

Comment

I'd write Ron Paul in if he doesn't get the nomination because everyone else on the GOP ticket is just another liar like Obama. Aside from Ron Paul, the rest of the gop candidates are a joke. None of the candidates stack up to Ron Paul. Not one of the other candidates has an original idea, a proven voting record, or a good stance on our personal liberties. The other candidates just say the same old regurgitated shit they think the people want to hear. It's become crystal clear how scared of Ron Paul the establishment is, because they know he threatens to change the gravy train that's been chugging along for a long time. Just because someone writes Ron Paul in if he doesn't get the nomination doesn't mean "they're taking their ball and going home." It means they support their candidate and will not except another lesser of two evils candidate which is the status quo.

Comment

Originally posted by teal93turbo View Post
                  I'd write Ron Paul in if he doesn't get the nomination because everyone else on the GOP ticket is just another liar like Obama. Aside from Ron Paul, the rest of the gop candidates are a joke. None of the candidates stack up to Ron Paul. Not one of the other candidates has an original idea, a proven voting record, or a good stance on our personal liberties. The other candidates just say the same old regurgitated shit they think the people want to hear. It's become crystal clear how scared of Ron Paul the establishment is, because they know he threatens to change the gravy train that's been chugging along for a long time. Just because someone writes Ron Paul in if he doesn't get the nomination doesn't mean "they're taking their ball and going home." It means they support their candidate and will not except another lesser of two evils candidate which is the status quo.
                  4 more years of Obama will REALLY show the establishment! Barry is shaking in his shoes! Do people really think that RP will get congress to see things his way? He would more than likely be more devisive than Barry when it comes to congress. Then what? But, hey, it's important to get a point across...

Comment

My decision will depend on how the GOP treats Ron Paul if we are going to assume he does not get the nomination. If they continue to treat him like a lunatic because he wants real cuts in spending and to follow our constitution, don't be suprised when Obama gets re-elected. I keep hearing "Ron Paul can't win" and all this other nonsense, but the likes of Hannity/Levin/ect are coming off the tracks lately when they hear Paul is climbing in the polls. You want to get to the bottom of the issue the real question is: Can the GOP win aganst Obama without the Ron Paul support? The republican "leadership" is foolishly making the general election much more difficult than it should be by treating the Ron Paul vote the way it has.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                      My decision will depend on how the GOP treats Ron Paul if we are going to assume he does not get the nomination. If they continue to treat him like a lunatic because he wants real cuts in spending and to follow our constitution, don't be suprised when Obama gets re-elected. I keep hearing "Ron Paul can't win" and all this other nonsense, but the likes of Hannity/Levin/ect are coming off the tracks lately when they hear Paul is climbing in the polls. You want to get to the bottom of the issue the real question is: Can the GOP win aganst Obama without the Ron Paul support? The republican "leadership" is foolishly making the general election much more difficult than it should be by treating the Ron Paul vote the way it has.
                      God help us if we get 4 more years of Hope and Change.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                        4 more years of Obama will REALLY show the establishment! Barry is shaking in his shoes! Do people really think that RP will get congress to see things his way? He would more than likely be more devisive than Barry when it comes to congress. Then what? But, hey, it's important to get a point across...
                        It's four more years of Obama anyway if RP doesn't get in. The rest of the GOP field is a bunch of Obama's with no real substance, just talk. None of those people up there will even make an attempt to change anything if they get in, just more continuation of the same old crap. It has nothing to do with "getting a point across", it has to do with a candidate who's injected REAL issues into the political arena, who's advocating a complete 180 of this problematic system we have. But, hey, you can vote for another war hawk, chicken hawk candidate and get the same old result we've been getting. It's your vote to do whatever you like with. To me it's a no brainer. I want someone in office who actually knows and follows the constitution and cares about personal liberties, and there's only one person doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                          Can the GOP win aganst Obama without the Ron Paul support? The republican "leadership" is foolishly making the general election much more difficult than it should be by treating the Ron Paul vote the way it has.
                          This is the biggest question in this election, to me. Ron Paul has far more independent support than any other GOP candidate in the field and you're going to be hard pressed to convince many of those to vote for the social/moral conservatives that make up the rest of the field.

Being in Texas I'll still consider writing him in like I did in '08 because I can do it relatively comfortably without worrying about Obama taking the state. If I lived in a more closely contested state I'm not sure that I would, though.

Paul still isn't my ideal candidate. I'd much rather vote for Huntsman, but the GOP faithful have declared that his position as the US Ambassador to China under the Obama administration renders him completely unelectable and evil. It's a shame, too, because he's essentially Ron Paul without the ""nutty" ideas and with stronger foreign policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                            so far, 40% of conservatives will vote for Obama. Amazing.
                            huh?
                            Detailing by Dylan
                            817-494-3396
                            Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                            Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

I vote for who I want to win, not the lesser of two evils. And personally I haven't noticed any difference in my life from bush to obama. So if obama gets 4 more years it really doesn't concern me.

Comment

Originally posted by jasone View Post
                                I vote for who I want to win, not the lesser of two evils. And personally I haven't noticed any difference in my life from bush to obama. So if obama gets 4 more years it really doesn't concern me.
                                unemployed people have that same belief

Comment

Working...
                                X