After receiving bailout, gm may move volt production to china

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
    This is true, but the bigger companys need to at least try to stimulate our economy. I agree that its not all their fault and it might even be a "save the company" effort, but damn the politics (goverment). This is one of the biggest problems in our over all growth. Keep it here.
    Currently, we have the highest corporate tax rates in teh world and unions have increased the cost of living and cost of production beyond competitive rates and the EPA is constantly passing "rules" that do not take into account the economic aftermath. To encourage companies to come back, unions are going to have to be broken, tax rates cut and the EPA is going to have to be neutered.

There is also the problem that this administration demonizes companies and chases them out of the country. If you're not on his council, like GE, you're going to get punished.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      Currently, we have the highest corporate tax rates in teh world and unions have increased the cost of living and cost of production beyond competitive rates and the EPA is constantly passing "rules" that do not take into account the economic aftermath. To encourage companies to come back, unions are going to have to be broken, tax rates cut and the EPA is going to have to be neutered.

There is also the problem that this administration demonizes companies and chases them out of the country. If you're not on his council, like GE, you're going to get punished.
      i can understand making money but we bailed the dbags out, should have let them go belly up...

Comment

On that I agree. They should have been allowed to sink and then the remains bought up by those who wanted it.
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post

That my friend is the point. We as a country will emplode before we recess. Look at what you said in the long (say 20/30 years) term. We are doomed...eventually.
          Photobucket

Comment

Gonna have to weld those things up alot better to keep the battery from catching fire after a wreck. The chinese do it cheaper!

Comment

Love the "We cant compete" argument and then corporate tax gets brought up.

My question is, how do you compete against a nation of slaves ran by communists? We removed slavery from america and these laws and regulations are in place so you can have a safe place to work and not get fucked over by these companies.

Some of you guys act like you want to work for shit wages in unsafe conditions.

The problem is CHINA, not us. We can not in any way or form have fair and free trade with that country, and i believe until the government puts a stop to it america will continue to go down the shitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Slammy View Post
                Love the "We cant compete" argument and then corporate tax gets brought up.

My question is, how do you compete against a nation of slaves ran by communists? We removed slavery from america and these laws and regulations are in place so you can have a safe place to work and not get fucked over by these companies.

Some of you guys act like you want to work for shit wages in unsafe conditions.

The problem is CHINA, not us. We can not in any way or form have fair and free trade with that country, and i believe until the government puts a stop to it america will continue to go down the shitter.
                unions have outlived their usefulness........

Comment

not to focus on the wrong part of the story, but didn't Chevy just recall every Volt they've made? For fire hazard, and to reinforce the battery compartment to sustain collisions better?

Maybe now, they can hang it on China, if the coal powered cars burn up on impact.
                  Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                    unions have outlived their usefulness........
                    Unless they are UP Unions!!!!!!

Choooo Chooo $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Woooo Hoooo$$$$$$$$$$
                    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

"Unsurprisingly, some U.S. lawmakers have voiced concerns that the deal is little more than a “shake down” from the Chinese to get GM’s Volt secrets. GM has denied reports that it will hand over the intellectual property underlying the Volt."

Wouldn't they want to do it to the Prius, which is a much better, and far more successful hybrid than the Volt? Maybe they're still scared of the japanese even after all this time.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
                        While I would definetely prefer domestic made parts, it still matters. A car made in China and assembled in the US is better (from a jobs stand point) than a car made and assembled in China.
                        Nissan does that...difference being the profits should stay in the US for GM and Japan for Nissan. I'm sure GM has some way of funneling that money somewhere so they don't get taxed.

To me there are multiple things that need fixed for our economy. Just becoming more industrial would mean more than just lower taxes. The EPA would have to be REALISTIC as well on their regulations. Plus, probably 4000 other things I'm missing.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I dont doubt the EPA regulations hurt but i honestly believe alot of it is there for a reason. Course china doesnt care about any of this as it would slow down their plan but im thinking labor costs is the root of the problem. American workers $30k+ /year usually with some benefits VS Chinese @ what? $500 / year? There is no damn way we can compete with that.

Comment

Working...
                          X