Court Oks barring high IQs for cops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
    Were you making an effort to commit a word-for-word logical fallacy?
    there was no effort involved, I assure you
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

They don't want intelligent individuals.

Psychopaths and sociopaths are free to apply though.
      Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post

Psychopaths and sociopaths are free to apply though.

Both of which are frequently above average intelligence wise so what is your point?
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
          there was no effort required, I assure you
          Fix't

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            From the article:

"Most Cops Just Above Normal The average score nationally for police officers is 21 to 22, the equivalent of an IQ of 104, or just a little above average."

lol

Same could be said for this site.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
              Same could be said for this site.
              Yes, but it's fine for this site to have an average IQ. Not so much for the police.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                Yes, but it's fine for this site to have an average IQ. Not so much for the police.
                Exactly. But while I'm really not trying to knock the police here, a big part of the job is merely doing your job without taking into account the intent of the law or the purpose that it really serves; the high-IQ'd tend to struggle to treat things as such, especially if it's their profession.

The cops on here will respond with anecdotes about the times they've let people off and not written tickets and not carried out things to the full extent of the law, but methinks those concessions are pretty small in the whole scheme of things.

edit: cops have this forum beat on IQ and I'd wager that it's not by a small margin.

Comment

When you just want your enforcement to blindly follow whatever human rights violating, unconstitutional bullshit that you can spew out of your butthole, then it makes sense to want them to be below average.

Comment

Ah well, lets face the facts here folks. An overly intelligent person would go completely insane working for any government funded organizations.

It's like hitting yourself with a hammer. You know it hurts so you don't do it - the government does it and then continues to complain about how much it hurts and then hits harder the next time creating more and more damage.

I saw that, but I know more than one person who are intelligent, hard working and have common sense - still working for the government. Either way, these folks see all these problems and it has discouraged them over the years.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Link to the thread where you got your sig quote please. Sounds like a funny one.

Comment

Working...
                      X