No announcement yet.

Texas student's refusal to say Mexican pledge, anthem starts controversy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dallas Democratic State Representative Roberto Alonzo said to question the loyalty of the teacher and school district is unfair.
    Why am I not surprised, but atleast he'll say it publicly. Sad thing is this isn't an isolated case.

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    Teacher should be fired or forced to teach the Constitution in Spanish
    Yes!
    2 Chronicles 7:14
    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
      Wow, terrible analogy.
      Lol, i tried to revise but F'ing tapatalk won't let me edit
      my point was that it just seemed like another Spanish assignment. q
      .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
        this isnt mexico you either sing our anthem and respect our flag or GTFO. that kid did the right thing if he went to mexico and told them to sing the us anthem and fly the us flag they would laugh. its just like the fucking spanish billboards nobody can read. or the home depot intercom spouting off 5 minutes of spanish.
        That's why I stay away from Home Depot, they fired that kid for refusing to take off his "God bless America" pin. I think he worked there for 4 years and never had a problem, then was told people were complaining and were offended, and he needed to remove it. He refused, they fired him, pathetic!
        2 Chronicles 7:14
        If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
          Lol, i tried to revise but F'ing tapatalk won't let me edit
          my point was that it just seemed like another Spanish assignment. q
          Haha, yeah. I got your point and maybe it was just another Spanish assignment. Even still, I think having a classroom full of students pledge allegiance to another country is highly inappropriate no matter the motive, especially in a public school.

Comment

Props to that girl. Fuck Mexican Heritage in the U.S.. We fought a war to kick their government out. Why the fuck should our students be taught to pledge allegiance to them?
            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
              I disagree in this instance regarding 'it starts with one class'... It's during Mexico's Independence week or whatever, in an advanced Year 3 spanish class and as a class assignment that in no way interfered with OUR pledge. I don't like the subject matter (another countries pledge) but it was not a mandated recital made in conjunction with our pledge.
              The language is Spanish, not Mexicanish. Did they learn the national anthem and pledge of Spain? How about every other nation that speaks Spanish? IMO, this was done to directly praise Mexico. Take that shit across the border where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                Well, I've never been to Spain....But I kinda like the music... Say the ladies are insane there....And they sure know how to use it

god bless.
                I love me some Three Dog Night. One of my favorite 70's bands.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                  The language is Spanish, not Mexicanish. Did they learn the national anthem and pledge of Spain? How about every other nation that speaks Spanish? IMO, this was done to directly praise Mexico. Take that shit across the border where it belongs.
                  The more I read responses like this, the more I need to take aspirin.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                    I was in algebra class last week and that son of a bitch professor of mine gave us a trigonometry assignment. I refused to do it cause I signed up for Algebra, not trig.
                    If that teacher had them recite the Mexican pledge of allegiance everyday, I could see something wrong with that. Other than that, it's just some more Spanish words for a Spanish class. I'm sure no one was brain washed during the reciting of that pledge.
                    Wonder if you'd have any problem with the oath of loyalty to Hitler taught in German class with the full Nazi salute.
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                    X