No announcement yet.

cnn debate starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a question from the audience that was asked basically saying why do we dole out foreign aid money all over the place especially now when things are they way they are. Ron Paul got the second chance to respond because Romney mentioned his name during his reply. Paul clearly said that foreign aid it isn't authorized in our constitution and that he views foreign aid as taking money from poor people in our country and giving it to rich people in poor countries. He also added that no matter how well thought out our foreign aid is that more times than not it ends up in the wrong hands for weapons, ect. His answer was to cut all foreign aid, including what goes to Israel, to zero. His specific reason to not give money to Israel was that overall it makes them weaker and dependant on the US.

And I happen to agree with every bit of what he said. Countries that were our real friends right now might come out in public and say, "Hey we understand things are tight, go ahead and keep the check this month". That would go a long way with me personally and I wouldn't look at it so bad if our government did what they do when things are going well. But of course you have everyone hanging off of the teet saying the sky is going fall and the US has to step in with a blank check and help out. Please, we have to look at that aspect of our budget if we're going to get serious about fixing what is wrong. No one is saying you can't start some kind of charity and send your money to poor old Israel if you like. That's fine, but for our government to just keep doling out our tax money is foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by VETTKLR View Post
      Oh yeah, Paul had more time to talk than probably in all the previous debates, combined.

Which worked out great. Right up to the point where he clarified that he would show Israel the cold shoulder, just as fast as he wants to sever all ties with the rest of the world.
      You can be short-sighted when you're 76 years old. LOL! Isolationism will not work. Ask FDR how I know. Our engagement into WWII showed how ignoring the rest of the world worked out for us.

Comment

Right because no country has ever failed by spending too much money and getting invloved in too many places at one time. It's always some piss-ant little third rate place that ends up marching across the ocean while no one is looking and kills everyone.
        Last edited by jw33; 10-19-2011, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
          Right because no country has ever failed by spending too much money and getting invloved in too many places at one time. It's always some piss-ant little third rate place that ends up marching across the ocean while no one is looking and kills everyone.
          You can still cut way back, but use money where it's effective and necessary. It's all about moderation, which you and Ron Paul evidently don't believe in, which is why he has no chance.

Comment

. Countries that were our real friends right now might come out in public and say, "Hey we understand things are tight, go ahead and keep the check this month".

Sounds like something from la-la land.

Ron Paul has a lot of ideas and opinions on how he wants things. Has he laid any ground work for how he plans to get them done?
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
              Sounds like something from la-la land.

Ron Paul has a lot of ideas and opinions on how he wants things. Has he laid any ground work for how he plans to get them done?

Does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                Does anyone know?
                True.
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

And I happen to agree with every bit of what he said.
                  Well, I know I'm really taken aback.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                    Well, I know I'm really taken aback.
                    Oh, hush, and go pay your mandatory 25% gratuity on that 3 martini lunch, you elitist you. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      I can't stand Bachmann....she fucking sucks.
                      That interview with her and Wayne Newton was just fucking creepy. I don't know what it was about it but it just made me cringe!

Comment

Working...
                      X